PDA

View Full Version : Next years inter league opponents

Hooligan
07-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Any idea who nexts years AL opponents will be? Isn't there some sort of rotation?

Thanks

Strikes Out Looking
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I have a fantasy that Bud Selig will step down and new commissioner "Midget" Costas will do away with interleague play, and therefore, the answer to your question will be no one until the Reds go to the '08 WS behind the bat of rookie Joey Votto and the rotation of Bailey, Harang, Arroyo, Livingston and prayforrain.

redsfan30
07-27-2007, 05:22 PM
My guess would be the American League East. I sure hope so, because if the Reds play in Yankee Stadium, I am so there.

KittyDuran
07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a fantasy that Bud Selig will step down and new commissioner "Midget" Costas will do away with interleague play, and therefore, the answer to your question will be no one until the Reds go to the '08 WS behind the bat of rookie Joey Votto and the rotation of Bailey, Harang, Arroyo, Livingston and prayforrain.Bud Selig is the last person I would have a fantasy about... ;)

Red Leader
07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I believe last year was the AL East. This year was AL West, so I'm guessing next year is scheduled to be AL Central.

Matt700wlw
07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
My guess would be the American League East. I sure hope so, because if the Reds play in Yankee Stadium, I am so there.

Road trip.

Seriously.

Matt700wlw
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I believe last year was the AL East. This year was AL West, so I'm guessing next year is scheduled to be AL Central.

Central was last year, wasn't it? They got their brains beat in by the White Sox and Griffey homered in Detroit to cross yet another park off of his list...

They didn't play the Twins, I don't think.

Red Leader
07-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Central was last year, wasn't it? They got their brains beat in by the White Sox and Griffey homered in Detroit for the first time....

I think you're right.

redsfan30
07-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Central was last year, wasn't it? They got their brains beat in by the White Sox and Griffey homered in Detroit to cross yet another park off of his list...

They didn't play the Twins, I don't think.

Correct. By the rotation, it should be the East...and I will be at Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park if they should happen to play there. I'd imagine the Red Sox would come to Cincinnati though because the Reds played up there last time.

KronoRed
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Who's up for a trip to legendary Tropicana Field?

15fan
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
If we don't get some more pitching, it better be the International League.

Or maybe even the Sally League.

Joseph
07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
1999 AL Central
2000 AL Central
2001 AL Central
2002 AL West
2003 AL East
2004 AL West
2005 AL East
2006 AL Central
2007 AL West

I dont recall, but apparently we used to only play the Central?

Anyway, there seems to be limited logic to the rotation, but don't be surprised if we are playing the Central next year and the east in 09.

JaxRed
07-28-2007, 11:42 AM
"Who's up for a trip to legendary Tropicana Field?"

I know you were kidding...... But I am.... If Reds go to the Trop, I'm there. I did my homage visit to Yankee Stadium this year. But it's kind of a dump.

The Trop is a better place to watch a game..

KronoRed
07-28-2007, 01:14 PM
From the pictures I've seen they do seem to have spruced it up quite a bit.

SandyD
07-28-2007, 01:29 PM
"Who's up for a trip to legendary Tropicana Field?"

I know you were kidding...... But I am.... If Reds go to the Trop, I'm there. I did my homage visit to Yankee Stadium this year. But it's kind of a dump.

The Trop is a better place to watch a game..

I hate to hear that, since I'm heading there this week. But still, it must be done.

I may even attempt to catch Shea next season, if I can get cheap airline tickets and make it a long weekend.

But I'm also hoping to go to Cleveland (SABR convention), Chicago (White Sox), and of course Cincinnati (maybe the RZ gathering since I haven't been in a couple of years).

That's a lot of travel on my limited budget. If the schedule works out, and I can group some of the midwest cities into one trip, I might be able to pull it off.

Gainesville Red
07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Who's up for a trip to legendary Tropicana Field?

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

(What I meant to say is D-Rays tickets are right in my wheelhouse. Super cheap.)

coachw513
07-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world.

(What I meant to say is D-Rays tickets are right in my wheelhouse. Super cheap.)

Could be a mason-dixon line paradise next year...spring training, games at Fla, Atl and Tampa??...though the last time they played the east they were in Tampa (I saw 2 of the games) so I presume all you Ohioans get the pleasure of the DRays next year...

Matt700wlw
07-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Correct. By the rotation, it should be the East...and I will be at Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park if they should happen to play there. I'd imagine the Red Sox would come to Cincinnati though because the Reds played up there last time.

Makes sense to me

StillFunkyB
07-30-2007, 02:48 AM
I have a fantasy that Bud Selig will step down and new commissioner "Midget" Costas will do away with interleague play, and therefore, the answer to your question will be no one until the Reds go to the '08 WS behind the bat of rookie Joey Votto and the rotation of Bailey, Harang, Arroyo, Livingston and prayforrain.

When did the Reds get prayforrain? Did they finally give up on bag-o-cash? :p: