PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from 4-2 Win over Cubs (7/2707)

Homer Bailey
07-28-2007, 02:16 AM
-Man do Cubs fans make me sick. I got a ton of pleasure out of them getting so excited about the comeback only to stick it to them in the bottom of the 9th.

-So happy to see Edwin with a smile out there tonight. And I even saw a little aggresive anger out of him right after he hit that home run! Nice to see some entusiasm.

-Keppinger continues to play well. He is the well rounded/hit for average guy that the reds desperately need in their lineup.

-Dunn is much more productive from the clean-up spot. I know he had a hitting streak coming into tonight, but hes still swinging at too many pitches out of the zone. He will get better pitches hitting in front of Phillips.

-Hard to get upset with Stormy with the season he's had.

-Another solid start from BA. If you can eliminate that bad stretch of starts his season doesn't look that bad.

-Gosh if only the Reds had pulled the plug on Narron sooner....

TheOnlyRedsFan
07-28-2007, 02:31 AM
were we watching the same game?

i saw a 5-4 win

Chi-Town Red
07-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Cubs fans make you sick?...trying living in Chicago, and not only living around, but working with Cubs fans.....they think they already won the world series....although it's been what 100 years since that happened....White Sox fans are much more fun to be around...trust me

OSUredsFAN
07-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Cubs fans make you sick?...trying living in Chicago, and not only living around, but working with Cubs fans.....they think they already won the world series....although it's been what 100 years since that happened....White Sox fans are much more fun to be around...trust me

I totally agree with you. Cubs fans make me sick too. It is funny to me that they think they are World Series champions.

captainmorgan07
07-28-2007, 10:16 AM
another thing from last nites game was the great call by thom on encarnacions game winning single. I love how he told those cubbie fans to shut up.

jmac
07-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I didnt get to see game but can someone tell me roughly how many in attendance were cubs fans ?
I too love beating cubs more than anyone else in division.

jmac
07-28-2007, 10:49 AM
another thing from last nites game was the great call by thom on encarnacions game winning single. I love how he told those cubbie fans to shut up.

Two in a row for Thom.
Thursday it was "what do ya say dad?" when Valentin got the hit.

Reds Freak
07-28-2007, 10:53 AM
The problem I have with Cubs "fans" is they come into someone else's city and ballpark and start cheers, boo and heckle the home team, and try to pick fights with the home crowd. You just don't do that, especially if your team has been losers for a century. When I go on a road trip with a group of friends to watch the Reds on the road, I clap when they do good, maybe throw a fist pump or two, act like a human being, and perhaps even strike up an intelligent conversation with opposing fans. I'm sure there are a few real, sane fans out there but the drunk, obnoxious bunch outnumbers them by far.

Homer Bailey
07-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Wow I meant to say that when I started the thread and I forgot. I LOVED that.

And sorry about the title.... I have no idea why I put 4-2 win..... maybe because thats what the final score should have been.

George Anderson
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
The problem I have with Cubs "fans" is they come into someone else's city and ballpark and start cheers, boo and heckle the home team, and try to pick fights with the home crowd. You just don't do that, especially if your team has been losers for a century. When I go on a road trip with a group of friends to watch the Reds on the road, I clap when they do good, maybe throw a fist pump or two, act like a human being, and perhaps even strike up an intelligent conversation with opposing fans. I'm sure there are a few real, sane fans out there but the drunk, obnoxious bunch outnumbers them by far.

Cubs fans are bad but Cleveland Browns fans IMO have them beat. Its hilarious to see fans of notorious losing franchises beat their chests and act like they are fans of a team that is year in and year out a winner. One of the most winning franchise in sports is the Yankees and from my experiences they dont act nearly as stupid as Cubs or Browns fans. They are cocky yes but cocky with a bit of class.

fadetoblack2880
07-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I totally agree with you. Cubs fans make me sick too. It is funny to me that they think they are World Series champions.

Cubs fans are the reason for me hatred of the ballclub. I love seeing them lose, especially big games. :evil:

Vada Pinson Fan
07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
You have to love those century old losers (soon to be) and I mean that in the kindest way possible. I do admire the support the Cubbie fans give their home team but when you have a city the size of Chicago's population/fan base it's not hard to understand why several thousand of them travel to nearby NL Central opponents. Let them have their fun.... until they become rude. A lead and a win by our Reds will always quiet the Cubbie bears, LOL!

"Cubs" doesn't that word/name imply they haven't reached adulthood? And in the little blue bears case- they never will.

LvJ
07-28-2007, 05:51 PM
ESPN spawned so many ignorant, moronic Cubs fans like they did with Red Sox Nation