PDA

View Full Version : Friends with a Cubs fan

Hoosier Red
07-28-2007, 10:17 AM
now now now, i know what you're saying, but this guy's actually fairly reasonable.
Anyway we hatched a plan to drive down for the game Sunday. I'm a bit worried about bringing an extra Cub fan into the stadium(I know there will already be plenty.)

Still since the balance is 1-for-1, I can't see any harm in it.

07-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey, my wife likes the Cubs...she is a Reds fan, but she likes the Cubs too. I made her sign an agreement when we got married that any children will be raised a Reds fan. She did buy one Cubs shirt once for our oldest. He was maybe 3. He wore that shirt until about a year ago- he is almost 10. I swear it grew with him. Then she had our 6 year old wearing it. It shrunk to fit him- I swear it did. That shirt haunts me. It won't even wear out.

redsmetz
07-28-2007, 11:01 AM
While the third choice sounds appealing, I'm a pacifist, so I'll have to go with Numero Uno.

oneupper
07-28-2007, 11:21 AM
The REDSZONE 10 are all brains, and therefore too soft and squishy to beat anyone up.

Hoosier Red
07-28-2007, 12:15 PM
That's true, I shouldn't expect a group of stat geeks:p: to beat anyone up;)

KronoRed
07-28-2007, 01:11 PM
The REDSZONE 10 are all brains, and therefore too soft and squishy to beat anyone up.

They have heavy brains, like clubs :devil:

My advice, throw him in the river

camisadelgolf
07-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I'll kill him for $20 and gas money. I'll be coming from Blue Ash. Please PM me with the guy's photo and background information.

redsmetz
07-28-2007, 02:23 PM

Aren't they the gang that runs the numbers game here in town???? :laugh::laugh::laugh: :bowrofl:

Big Klu
07-29-2007, 02:57 AM
I once took a Cubs fan to a game at Riverfront in 1991. He was my college roommate at OU, and he was originally from Naperville, IL. However, he stayed in Athens year-round because he had a job there. It was his idea that we should go to Game 4 of the 1990 NLCS in Pittsburgh, and I wanted to pay him back, since I never would have gone to the playoff game the year before without his urging. Since he stayed in Athens year-round, I knew he hadn't seen his Cubs play in several years, so I got four tickets in the blue seats for a Reds-Cubs game at Riverfront. However, the ratio of Reds fans to Cubs fans wasn't 1:1, it was 2:1:1. (My little brother, who was a senior in high school, came with us, and he is a Reds fan--though not as big a fan as I am. The other guy who came was my other college roommate, who was a Yankees fan. But he was just interested in drinking beer. When he found out that vendors bring beer to you in the blue seats, he quickly became a Reds fan for that game! (He had also gone to the playoff game in Pittsburgh, where we were in the next-to-last row of the upper deck, and so he had to go to the concession stand to get beer--grumbling all the way!)

GAC
07-29-2007, 09:50 AM

Hey! You can put out an eye with those slide rules! :mooner:

BoydsOfSummer
07-29-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm great friends with a Dodger fan. It's icky and makes me feel dirty.

wheels
07-29-2007, 11:11 AM

Speak for yerself, bub.

corkedbat
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I had a friend who was a Cubs fan (briefly). I had him, disemboweled, stuffed and mounted to a bleacher in Wrigley. The was absolutely no change in his baseball IQ and his happieness level actually went up slightly. :D

paintmered
07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey! You can put out an eye with those slide rules! :mooner:

We use MATLAB and Mathmatica now. So maybe we could beat them upside the head with a laptop?

:cool:

GAC
07-30-2007, 09:40 AM
We use MATLAB and Mathmatica now.

We had tickets to see them in concert. :mooner:

BoydsOfSummer
07-30-2007, 06:04 PM
We had tickets to see them in concert. :mooner:

I love Mathmatica's song " For Whom the Bell Curve Tolls".