PDA

View Full Version : what happened to elizardo ramirez?

mroby85
07-28-2007, 11:01 PM
i was just thinking tonight when we were watching the game, and they were running all these losers out of the bullpen, and remembered how well elizardo was starting to pitch before he got injured last year. does anyone know anything about his situation right now? has he returned from the injury and just not pitched well, or is he still rehabbing?

Degenerate39
07-28-2007, 11:21 PM
He's in Triple A

mroby85
07-28-2007, 11:22 PM
healthy or what? do you know any details?

Degenerate39
07-28-2007, 11:25 PM
healthy or what? do you know any details?

He pitched the other day that's all I know about him

SMcGavin
07-29-2007, 12:23 AM
He's got a 3.06 ERA in 50 AAA innings. 29 K and 18 BB in that time. Neither of those numbers are great but he is keeping the ball in the park (only 3 HR). I think Elizardo is still recovering from injury, but I wouldn't count him out of being a back of the rotation guy in the Reds' future. He is only 24 after all.

redsfanmia
07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
He had a meltdown last year then suddenly was hurt. I dont think he well ever be back with the big club as long as the current regime is here.

AmarilloRed
07-29-2007, 07:00 PM
He had a good year last year but was injured. I would think he is recovering this year and will contend in spring training next year to make the team either in the bullpen or as a back-end starter.

Orenda
07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
He had a meltdown last year then suddenly was hurt. I dont think he well ever be back with the big club as long as the current regime is here.

He performed adequately before the injury. I think he is a good 5th starter candidate. He's still young and he's inexpensive so shipping him off or writing him off wouldn't seem to be a wise move by the front office. At least he's an arm you have waiting in the wings before you have to try the Joe Mays, Michalak's, or Soo-Woo Kim's of baseball.

jnwohio
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
For what it is worth or not worth, Lizard's name came up the other nite on the Reds radio broadcast as the sort of guy they ought to be taking a look at with the major league team between now and the end of the year .

Marty is the one that said something to the effect, that Ramirez is healthy and pitching well at AAA and deserves a look back up here at some point before the end of the season. I don't remember if it was during the beat reporters' segment or just Marty and Thom talking about the starting pitching situation between the two of them.

Harang is going to be out at least 1 start with his back. Lohse looks like a lock to be moved. Belisle would seem to be hanging by a thread; and Gosling was less than impressive filling in for Harang on Saturday. With Bailey still hurt, we could see several of those other AAA starters pretty soon at this rate.