PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps A Red Soon? (Wilfredo Ledezma)

RedLegSuperStar
07-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Rotoworld.com -

Braves designated LHP Wilfredo Ledezma for assignment.
The Braves kept saying that they thought Ledezma was better suited for starting, but they're cutting him without ever giving him a shot, even though they clearly need help at the bottom of the rotation. Ledezma had a 7.71 ERA in 9 1/3 innings as a reliever. Expect another trade here.

This might be worth a shot.. Krivsky likes digging through teams left overs. Possibly small price.. high reward find? 3-1 w/ a 4.79 ERA with Detroit and 0-2 w/ a 7.71 ERA with the Braves. If its a player to be named later I would go after him and let him start games in Louisville until September call ups.

Personally a guy who could be a starter.. only was given 9.1 innings to contribute to the Braves.

GIK
07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Watched him pitch with Detroit. He seems more comfortable as a starter.

HumnHilghtFreel
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
He could be a serviceable arm. I haven't really seen him pitch a lot, but his numbers remind me a lot of Bobby Livingston's. Gives up a fair share of hits, keeps the ball in the yard though. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him and see what he could do at the back end of the rotation or in long relief in place of Santos.

Hooligan
07-29-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd give the rest of the year in Belisle spot to see what he's got.

mth123
07-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I wanted Ledezma as an undervalued sleeper. I'd pick him up for cheap and give him a spot. Seeing what the Reds just paid for Cantu (who was basically done in Tampa Bay), he may cost more than we think. Maybe the Braves would take Stanton.

GAC
07-29-2007, 09:22 PM
I'd give the rest of the year in Belisle spot to see what he's got.

I think Belisle's role may be best suited for in the bullpen (middle relief). He is starting to remind me of Reitsma.

The one area where I really trust the Bave's organization in is pitching development/evaluation. If they released this kid, without even trying to trade him/get anything out of him, then there must be something there.

mth123
07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
I think Belisle's role may be best suited for in the bullpen (middle relief). He is starting to remind me of Reitsma.

The one area where I really trust the Bave's organization in is pitching development/evaluation. If they released this kid, without even trying to trade him/get anything out of him, then there must be something there.

They didn't release him. The Reds traded Kent Mercker for him.

TOBTTReds
07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
They didn't release him. The Reds traded Kent Mercker for him.

I think he meant Ledezma

Patrick Bateman
07-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Ledezma is worth a shot IMO. He's has success in both AA and AAA, most notably last season where he was a decent pitcher.

He's tall, he's a lefty, and he's only 26. I expect there should be still some improvement in his abilities. He's nothing hugely special, but he's got good stuff, at least to the point if he can control the ball lto a decent degree, he can be an effective back of the rotation type. I think he's a more talented version of Phil Dumatrait. He doesn't have top end stuff or control, but he may be able to do both things effectively enough to cut it n the bigs. Ledezma might be able to jump the threshold of tweener into usefulness.

Considering the Reds will soon have a rotation spot open, I would much prefer to give Ledezma a shot for the remainder of the season than the current options in the system.

Falls City Beer
07-29-2007, 11:02 PM
He's not from the Reds' system: go for it.

cincinnati chili
07-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Worth a waiver claim in my opinion. He took a turn for the worse in 2007, after a promising '06 in Triple A and a bit in the majors. Still, he's better suited for the roster of our rebuilding team than some of the guys currently there (Conine, Stanton).

Only 26 years old. Left handed.

11larkin11
07-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Ahh, but if we give up a AAAA reliever for him, everyone will be mad, so lets just stay put and not trade anyone. Even if he's had a good year before and has had a bad year this year, lets just stay away before we trade away another AAAA guy.

mth123
07-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Considering the Reds will soon have a rotation spot open, I would much prefer to give Ledezma a shot for the remainder of the season than the current options in the system.

Yep. I just think he's going to cost more than we imagine.

GAC
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I think he meant Ledezma

I did. ;)

PuffyPig
07-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I did. ;)

Well, he wasn't released either. DFA'ed means he could well be traded.

Heath
07-30-2007, 10:56 AM
wow - out of the two pitchers traded, Macay McBride would have been one that got cut, IMO.

I'll take Ledzema.

flyer85
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
The Braves have 10 days to decide what to do with him. Unlikely they will have to try and pass him thru waivers. Someone will offer something for him, like TB did for Balfour.

HumnHilghtFreel
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
He's a Padre now is what I'm hearing. Ledezma and Will Startup from the Braves to SD for Royce Ring.

cincinnati chili
07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
The Padres picked up just about everyone who was cheap and had upside. Good for them.

Always Red
07-31-2007, 06:41 PM
The Padres picked up just about everyone who was cheap and had upside. Good for them.

I didn't think it was possible to do that?

flyer85
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Padres did a nice job of upgrading while giving up nothing of value.

KronoRed
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Pads made out like bandits in the clearance section