PDA

View Full Version : The Wild, Wild West

cincrazy
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Is anyone paying attention to what's going on out West? The Rockies and D-backs are two of the youngest teams in the league, yet the D-backs are tied for first, and the Rockies are only 3.5 games back in one of the toughest divisions in all of baseball.

That's remarkable to me, and that division is clearly the best in the NL, if not all of baseball, after being one of the worst divisions of all time only a few years ago.

After banking all of their fortunes on Bonds over the years, it's good to see the Giants being the odd team out. It sickens me that they turned a blind eye to what he was doing all these years, but when the public finally starts paying attention, they conveniently act like they're sickened by the entire episode and want nothing to do with him.

If you ask me, the Giants deserve to suffer. And as for the rest of the teams, kudos to their GM's. The rest of baseball should be paying attention.

(And in fairness to Brian Sabean, he's a hell of a GM, too. Unfortunately for him, the glamour days are just about over in the city by the bay.)