PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball

REDblooded
07-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Just a heads up if anybody likes collecting rookies of Reds prospects. This years bowman chrome product (due out August 17) will have rookies of Johnny Cueto and Autographed rookies of Justin Reed. As anybody knows who collects baseball cards, Bowman Chrome rookies are typically among the most popular rookie cards, so ya might wanna stock up what you can of these kids.

REDblooded
07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Forgot, Fisher's rookie will be in here too

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Good call. I forgot that was coming out soon!

REDblooded
07-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Good call. I forgot that was coming out soon!

I have a 12 box case on reserve! Joba Chamberlain rookie auto, Tim Lincecum rookie auto, Fernando Martinez rookie auto among others......c'mon Joba Orange Auto!

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Lol, I have all but given up on trying to get autographed rookies of guys that arent Reds prospects these days. The prospecting game just got way too expensive for my taste.

REDblooded
07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Lol, I have all but given up on trying to get autographed rookies of guys that arent Reds prospects these days. The prospecting game just got way too expensive for my taste.

oh no doubt. really the only way to do it is how I do it. buy one product in bulk. Keep the guys you really want, and sell off lots of the players you don't really care about whenever they get hot on Ebay. That way, you can pay off most of the price of the boxes that you bought, while getting to keep some really sweet stuff for later......

thought you might like this too. just 2 weeks ago, i bought a PSA/DNA Jay Bruce auto'd rookie ball. He signed it, "Jay Bruce Reds 2005 1st round pick 32" It was only the 13th Bruce ball authenticated by PSA.

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
oh no doubt. really the only way to do it is how I do it. buy one product in bulk. Keep the guys you really want, and sell off lots of the players you don't really care about whenever they get hot on Ebay. That way, you can pay off most of the price of the boxes that you bought, while getting to keep some really sweet stuff for later......

thought you might like this too. just 2 weeks ago, i bought a PSA/DNA Jay Bruce auto'd rookie ball. He signed it, "Jay Bruce Reds 2005 1st round pick 32" It was only the 13th Bruce ball authenticated by PSA.

Yeah, buying a case or two is a way to get close to breaking even and keeping what you want unless you get a big hitter in your case of an absolute stud. I just don't have the money to do that though lol. Hopefully you do good with your breaks though and if you get any extra Reds rookies that you are looking to move, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice pick up on the Bruce ball. I got him to sign a baseball at a Dragons game last year. That felt weird being that I am older than him and asking for his autograph.... I dont like getting old.

Buckeye33
07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
How much is a case of 12 of these Bowmans? I'm just asking out of curiousity. I collected cards back between 1990-1999.

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
How much is a case of 12 of these Bowmans? I'm just asking out of curiousity. I collected cards back between 1990-1999.

780 at the first place I looked.

REDblooded
07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, they'll prob cost you anywhere from 750-800. Check around on EBay. You get 12 boxes in a case, and each box comes with 1 autograph. Make sure you get the hobby boxes, and not the retail. Hobby issue are the only ones with a guaranteed auto per box.

If you have the extra money, this product makes a great investment piece. The boxes start out at about 70-75 per box on the first shipments. After that, the prices gradually creep up as the products prospects start to receive more hype. If you can buy a case, and have the patience to stash it for a year or two, then sell it off on EBay box by box, you can typically double your money. For an example, go on EBay right now and search "2001 bowman chrome bsaeball hobby box". This was the year that produced Pujols, and those started out around 70 dollars. There are none up for auction, but buy it now's run for 450-500 A BOX! The cheapest 2002 buy in now is $250 a box, 2003 sits at $135, 2004 $100, 2005 $122, and 2006 $105. So, basically, you could sit on it for a year, and sell the boxes off at a $25 profit per box, giving you a $300 profit on a case.

I really expect this years product to be hot too. DiceK rookies, Lincecum rookie autos, Chamberlain rookie auto's, fernando martinez rookie auto's, Betances auto, Henry Sosa Auto, Hunter Pence auto (not his rc though), and Luke Hochevar's auto'd rc.

here's the checklist.

http://www.topps.com/product/ProductChecklist.aspx?sportsid=1&Product_Id=1217

bounty37h
07-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah, buying a case or two is a way to get close to breaking even and keeping what you want unless you get a big hitter in your case of an absolute stud. I just don't have the money to do that though lol. Hopefully you do good with your breaks though and if you get any extra Reds rookies that you are looking to move, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Nice pick up on the Bruce ball. I got him to sign a baseball at a Dragons game last year. That felt weird being that I am older than him and asking for his autograph.... I dont like getting old.

Man, I hear ya there! I am turning 33 in 2 weeks, and went to the USA game Saturday here in Durham NC. I got teh team to sign a bat and ball for me, as well as Pedro Alverez and a few other star players to sign single balls or photos, and I felt a lil like a weirdo asking them, just kids, to sign an auto for me!! Oh well, I will ask again :)

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Well bounty, you have nearly 10 years on me (23), but still it was a strange feeling.

bounty37h
07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
well then, wait 10 more years and see how you feel :) Esp when you look at most older collectors, man, I looked at some of hte other guys asking for autos, and was like "dang, I hope I dont look like as big a tool as the rest of these guys :) Oh well. I started collecting autos when I was 8 years old, and have the bug still, my wife has even joined me in collecting. Are you strictly a Reds collector? Maybe we can make some trades sometime of some of our extras? I wish RZ had a traders section, although I can see the headaches and concerns not to have one, but I have a ton of extras of autos, memorablia, and would love to trade them for others, I just dont like to straight out sell any of my stuff.

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 05:17 PM
I pretty much only collect Reds stuff. Ive got a few non Reds items but mostly its just stuff from my other favorites around baseball. I used to collect pretty much a little bit of everything but over the past few years I have moved a lot of it just for Reds stuff. Keeping my collection to just Reds stuff has made collecting more fun. Still one big thing missing from my collection though is a Ted Kluszewski autographed photo or card with the Reds as a player. I had a chance to pick up a nice auto of his on a photo a few years ago for 50 bucks and I have regretted not picking it up ever since.

I think the thing with a RZ trader section is that if things go bad, and they do sometimes because well, everyone isn't always the most honest, it reflects bad on the site and Im pretty sure thats not what guys are looking for.

bounty37h
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I fully understand why RZ wouldnt want to do this, just would be neat if there was a place like that. I too collect mainly Reds stuff, but have extras of a lot of stuff that I wouldnt mind trading for other Reds stuff. BTW, I have a nice Klu auto from my dad-he used to live by Klu's bar when he was in grad school, and would go down and have drinks with him after games or his classes.
I opened 3 boxes of Bowman last night, pulled a Red Sox Japanese pitcher (not Dice-K) signed in Japanese, a Eva Longoria auto, and Jeffries I think his name was (Phillies #2 prospect the back said).

OesterPoster
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I fully understand why RZ wouldnt want to do this, just would be neat if there was a place like that. I too collect mainly Reds stuff, but have extras of a lot of stuff that I wouldnt mind trading for other Reds stuff. BTW, I have a nice Klu auto from my dad-he used to live by Klu's bar when he was in grad school, and would go down and have drinks with him after games or his classes.
I opened 3 boxes of Bowman last night, pulled a Red Sox Japanese pitcher (not Dice-K) signed in Japanese, a Eva Longoria auto, and Jeffries I think his name was (Phillies #2 prospect the back said).

Did she sign it with a kiss?

Something else to look into is the Upper Deck Legendary Cuts set. Those signed cards go for good $$$ on eBay, if you find ones you don't want. Wally Post was in the 2006 set, but I haven't seen the 2007 checklist yet.

bounty37h
08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Oops, left off the "n", freudian slip, or wishful thinkin?? Man, dont I wish :) My coworker is a costume desginer for many movies and such, and did something with the pretty Eva a couple years back, I tried ot get her to steal a pair of her draw's for me, to no avail :)

REDblooded
08-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Just opened up 6 boxes today. Got 3 Cueto rookies, 3 Lincecum rookies, Cahill refractor auto. None of the big hitters for the rookie auto's though....gonna try 6 more boxes in a couple of weeks.

Topcat
08-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I actually sold my collection of all sports cards and received 60k. I gave it up after that now I just want bobble heads and fun stuff just for me . Tired of the money angle never was my intention as a kid. I loved my cards but they reached a value and dust gathered it was time to cut bait. 5 yr old daughters college is paid I am debt free and I have a beautiful 5th wheel trailer.

If $$$$$ is reason a person collects bravo to them but remember u actually need some one to pay the value. Number 2 thats not baseball thats a stock market and when money taints your baseball. No good can come of it. Collect for love of players the rest is just gravy.

bounty37h
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I have 3 boxes of Chrome in the mail to me, as well as a box of Allen & Ginter. Keeping my fingers crossed for that big pull :)

REDblooded
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm gonna open 6 more tommorrow! Can't wait! And yeah, it's all about the big hit.

bucksfan2
08-24-2007, 11:57 AM
To all the collectors out there. I thought that the MLB signed with topps and upper deck to be the 2 card makers out there. I also thought that they did away with minor league cards and they were only going to release cards when the player made it to the majors.

dougdirt
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
To all the collectors out there. I thought that the MLB signed with topps and upper deck to be the 2 card makers out there. I also thought that they did away with minor league cards and they were only going to release cards when the player made it to the majors.

They did. Topps has a nice little work around though. They have 'first year player' cards, not 'rookie' cards. Collectors know better. You still want the players first appearance on his card and its still his rookie card no matter what MLB tries to tell me.

bounty37h
08-24-2007, 12:15 PM
^yup, what he said. Its all about getting the first card, not what they say is "rookie", although do the rookie cards or first year player cards hold more value, I havent really noticed yet?

dougdirt
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
First year player cards have more value, becuase anyone that actually collects cards knows that they are the true rookie cards no matter what the company actually tells you. For example, Ryan Braun has 'rookie cards' out this year. But he already had first year cards in BCDP a few years ago.

Eric_Davis
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
That's just way too much work just to recoup your money back.

I ran the baseball card side of a business in 1986, 1987, 1988, and part of 1989 in a Numismatist/Baseball Card shop. There was good profit back then, but it was discovered that about 7-8 guys that were in the industry were price-fixing the Price Guides (they'd get together in Hawaii and have a heck of a time). You could make a killing back then, but you had to know someone who worked at the Costco's shipping departments and they you'd pay them off in order to get the "limited" number of cases available those years.

Then the market got flooded by Topps, Donruss, and Fleer, and supply far exceeded demand. The older cards were the only ones that had "real" value. There were "phony" price increases shown in the baseball guides through the small group of men that controlled those periodicals, but the end was near. It no longer was profitable as a business and it was time to get out.

It was a lot of fun. I paid for a trip to San Francisco in June of 1987 with Eric Davis Rookie Cards. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated after he'd hit his 3rd Grand Slam of the month in May, the last one against the Phillies. His card was at it's zenith. I had a mix of about 35 Donruss, Topps and Fleer Rookies that I stopped at a show in the Bay Area and sold them all. I made about a 700% profit on them as I had gotten most of them about a year-and-a-half earlier. It was a true investment then.

It's amazing how many different cards there are now. I couldn't begin to keep them all straight.

This thread was interesting reading.

I always told everyone. Collect your cards as a hobby first, then you'll always enjoy the experience. Davis is my all-time favorite sports personality. It was fun to watch him rise to stardom, even if the star didn't shine too long.

REDblooded
08-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Got some solid hits in that case today......2-3 more Cueto's (6 total), Lincecum Auto, Fernando Martinez auto, Chris Perez refractor auto, and a Samardzjia auto.

bounty37h
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
My bowmans didnt come in, I opened a box of Allen and Ginter, got a Hamilton rookie, a Torri Hunter auto, adn Piazza bat card. Hope my Chromes are on the door when I get home tonight!

bounty37h
08-29-2007, 05:41 PM
K, opened my 2 boxes last night. Got a Will Venable auto (max's son), and a redemption card for a Wes Hodges auto card. Got a few other good pulls for regular cards. I havent figured this out yet-never really looked into it to be honest, are the Chrome cards that come in the regular Bowman packs released a few months ago seeded/numbered the same as the regular Chrome series? I was wondering after looking through last night, and seeing the Chrome cards arent marked as first Bowman Chrome card.
I also opened a USA set last night, and pulled a Stubbs auto jersey card!!!! Got 2 David Price sigs as well, one a dual sig/jersey, and a past/present atuo with him and a junior team member.

BoydsOfSummer
08-29-2007, 07:11 PM
That USA set is sweet. I'm thinking of snagging a box of those.

bounty37h
08-30-2007, 11:49 AM
It is a sweet set, better grab it now when you see one, its sold out.

BoydsOfSummer
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Just broke a box of these Chrome's. Check what I pulled!

http://a397.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_fc4c29a84cf052b1c3a3cc9593755614.jpg

I couldn't get my crap digicam to work so I had to use my crap phone. It's a Dice-K Red Refractor 2/5...whee!!! "No pricing due to scarcity" , reported sale of $505 according to Beckett's. Now accepting bids! :D

Oh yeah, I got a Johnny Cueto as a bonus...heh...

AccordinglyReds
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
NICE! I've bought a few packs, but haven't got much.

dougdirt
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Just broke a box of these Chrome's. Check what I pulled!

http://a397.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_fc4c29a84cf052b1c3a3cc9593755614.jpg

I couldn't get my crap digicam to work so I had to use my crap phone. It's a Dice-K Red Refractor 2/5...whee!!! "No pricing due to scarcity" , reported sale of $505 according to Beckett's. Now accepting bids! :D

Oh yeah, I got a Johnny Cueto as a bonus...heh...

Sell it immediately. Ebay it.

BoydsOfSummer
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
What do you think I should put on it as reserve? I'm not sure what it's worth as of now. I'm definitely putting it up, just unsure of what to do. I'd hate to find out it's worth way more than I anticipated. :help:

AccordinglyReds
10-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Sell it immediately. Ebay it.

Sad, but true. I remember when McGwire broke the HR record, his OLY RC was up to $500. I had it, but didn't care about selling it. Well...steroids investigations and Bonds' record definitely decreased its value. :(

dougdirt
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
What do you think I should put on it as reserve? I'm not sure what it's worth as of now. I'm definitely putting it up, just unsure of what to do. I'd hate to find out it's worth way more than I anticipated. :help:

7 day auction, start it around 8 or 9 PM eastern time. Start it out at .99 cents, don't worry, it will sell. No reserve. Make sure you allow Japanese bidders, becuase they have a ton of money to spend on their stars. It will sell. Get a better picture though lol.

Oh, and if anyone emails you and asks you to end the aucton and sell to them off of ebay, I wouldn't suggest you do it, becuase odds are they want to get it cheaper than they know it will eventually go for.

Good luck.

BoydsOfSummer
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I've been offered $400 before even listing it on e-bay. Tink I should just sell to him or put it up? My feedback on e-bay is really low so I'm afraid that will be a factor.

dougdirt
10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I've been offered $400 before even listing it on e-bay. Tink I should just sell to him or put it up? My feedback on e-bay is really low so I'm afraid that will be a factor.

How low is really low?

BoydsOfSummer
10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Ten. All positive though!:thumbup::D

dougdirt
10-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, I think you could probably get a little more on ebay, but the question is, is it worth the waiting for a little more money or taking the $400 right now?

REDblooded
10-21-2007, 01:58 PM
auction it on EBay. You're probablly going to receive something in the range of 700-1000 for it.

BoydsOfSummer
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
The guy who initially offered $400 backed out. I put a reserve of $350 on it and bidding went to $305. I sold it to the guy for that rather than messing with it any further. Thus ends my first foray into selling a card on eBay. Thanks for all the advice folks.

AccordinglyReds
12-08-2007, 02:28 AM
I bought a pack of 2007 Bowman Chrome today and got an Ervin Santana Refractor (silver).

1) In the autograph section, it says "Johan Santana." I checked on eBay and only one was on auction, at a low price. Wouldn't this be worth more due to Bowman's mistake?

2) For Christmas, I'd like some more Bowman Chrome...Should I have someone get it at a retail place, or are those not as good as the Hobby boxes? I don't want to have someone spend $80 on a Hobby Box, though.

Thanks!

mlbfan30
12-08-2007, 03:25 AM
In general retail boxes are lot worse with worse odds.

AccordinglyReds
12-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. :)

I didn't see the retail boxes with Lincecum on them today at Target, so I don't know what to do. lol

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.cardsbythebox.com/catalog/index.php

http://www.dacardworld.com/

REDblooded
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Retail boxes don't have a guaranteed autograph in them. Hobby boxes do.

AccordinglyReds
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
So I'm guessing this is the retail box...

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports/item.das?sku=BV7V0R44UD&nPar=1

And this is the hobby box..

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports/item.das?sku=BV2Z0KWG8V&nPar=1

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah--it'll say hobby if it is.

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Speaking of cards. Here is some stuff I've accumulated in the past few months. Anyone else got stuff to show off? Bobbleheads and other cool memorablia?

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/BoydsOfSummer/

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/BoydsOfSummer/Personal%20Collection/ (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/BoydsOfSummer/Personal%20Collection/)

dougdirt
12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Speaking of cards. Here is some stuff I've accumulated in the past few months. Anyone else got stuff to show off? Bobbleheads and other cool memorablia?

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/BoydsOfSummer/

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/BoydsOfSummer/Personal%20Collection/

I have been meaning to put my collection online for a while. Hopefully I can get it on soon, I just need to get a new scanner.

AccordinglyReds
12-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Nice collection BoydsofSummer. :)

So does anyone have any idea why Johan's "autograph" is on the Ervin Santana card?

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k19/accord95vtec/ErvinSantana.jpg

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I can't find it listed as an error card. You might send an e-mail to Beckett or even Topps themselves and see what they say.

One of five red refractor looks like. Decent pull for just picking up a pack.

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I have been meaning to put my collection online for a while. Hopefully I can get it on soon, I just need to get a new scanner.

Buy.com has a nice one for only $50. A Canon Canoscan LiDE 25.

OnBaseMachine
12-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Nice collection BoydsofSummer. :)

So does anyone have any idea why Johan's "autograph" is on the Ervin Santana card?

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k19/accord95vtec/ErvinSantana.jpg

His name was actually Johan Santana up until a couple years ago when they found he was actually a little older than he reported and that his real name was actually Ervin, instead of Johan. That may have something to do with it.

AccordinglyReds
12-08-2007, 09:53 PM
His name was actually Johan Santana up until a couple years ago when they found he was actually a little older than he reported and that his real name was actually Ervin, instead of Johan. That may have something to do with it.

Ah. haha

Thanks for the info! :)

Oh, and BOS, it's not a red refractor. It scanned like that. Hmm.

Still don't know if I could ask for a $90 box of cards for Christmas. Any certain boxes that are the best bang for the buck? Thanks.

dougdirt
12-08-2007, 11:18 PM

That would be the reason. That facsimile autographs that Topps uses on these cards are the signatures from the contract the player originally signed with Topps, so that certainly explains this one.

BoydsOfSummer
12-08-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm eying some SP Authentic. It's around $100 and looks pretty tasty.http://www.dacardworld.com/sports/item.das?sku=BV4V0MGXJ0&nPar=1

dougdirt
03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Bumping this up to share a creation I just made based off the 2007 BDP design

http://www.redsminorleagues.com/Individual%20Card%20Scans/duran07bowman.jpg

rah-ri
03-25-2008, 01:11 AM
okay so would a product be authenticated if you had a picture of the player actually signing the product with you in it??

REDblooded
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
not really enough for most collectors.... you can send it in to PSA/DNA, but it still holds WAY less value on a card than it would if it was a baseball/bat/hat that was such signed and authenticated.

REDblooded
03-25-2008, 06:41 PM
with Cueto's stuff blowing up, I'm really happy to have a Cueto Orange refractor, blue refractor, xfractor, and refractor!

dougdirt
03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
with Cueto's stuff blowing up, I'm really happy to have a Cueto Orange refractor, blue refractor, xfractor, and refractor!

I am still kicking myself for passing on a Cueto refractor for $10.00 back in January.....

I currently am waiting for a Volquez BDP White and Refractor from 2005 as well as a Mesoraco auto from Sterling last year.

OnBaseMachine
03-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I can't wait until the first Volquez card with the Reds comes out. I'm not sure when that will be but I've been searched ebay nearly everyday for it.

I have this card of him:

http://www.rookiesquantities.com/images/JAP05_14_Preview.jpg

dougdirt
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I can't wait until the first Volquez card with the Reds comes out. I'm not sure when that will be but I've been searched ebay nearly everyday for it.

I have this card of him:

http://www.rookiesquantities.com/images/JAP05_14_Preview.jpg

Probably be a few months.

AccordinglyReds
03-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I am still kicking myself for passing on a Cueto refractor for $10.00 back in January.....

I currently am waiting for a Volquez BDP White and Refractor from 2005 as well as a Mesoraco auto from Sterling last year.

I've been looking for nearly everything of Volquez to trade for on a website I'm on, but I can't find much at all. Him and EE seem to be the hardest.

The Bowman Sterling Mesoraco auto is nice. I got one of him and Bailey this past week. :)

dougdirt
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
I've been looking for nearly everything of Volquez to trade for on a website I'm on, but I can't find much at all. Him and EE seem to be the hardest.

The Bowman Sterling Mesoraco auto is nice. I got one of him and Bailey this past week. :)

I have one of the better EE rookies.... 2001 Topps Employees Only with the stamp on it. I think I ended up paying 9 bucks for it a while ago, but I don't see them up for sale too often.

I bought a Bailey BCDP 2004 Auto for $18 shipped in February 2006. That one turned out to be a solid buy.

REDblooded
03-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I paid 142 for that Cueto orange refractor when the product first came out........

I'm guessing I'd receive nearly double that right now.

dougdirt
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I paid 142 for that Cueto orange refractor when the product first came out........

I'm guessing I'd receive nearly double that right now.

I think you could probably get more than that, not that I would sell it right now, but you could probably get more than $300.

REDblooded
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I think you could probably get more than that, not that I would sell it right now, but you could probably get more than $300.

I'm gonna hold tight for a bit longer, but I think 300 is about right. A cueto red refractor bgs 9.5 sold for 525 this month.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm on the Topps.com website right now and I just typed in Edinson Volquez in the search area and it popped up that Volquez will have a 2008 Co-Signers Baseball card releasing on 4/30/08. I'll be sure to buy that one.

dougdirt
03-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Good find OBM.... I think I will wait a little bit before buying though. New players on new teams generally see a spike in price for their first released autograph with the new team.

REDblooded
04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
now i think it's time to sell all of my cueto refractors.

AccordinglyReds
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
now i think it's time to sell all of my cueto refractors.

Haha. I was just about to bump this up by posting about his cards on eBay. :eek:

I've only got one Chrome, but it's for my PC anyway.

OnBaseMachine
04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Would someone smarter than I tell me what a Redemption card is? I keep seeing 2008 Johnny Cueto Redemption cards on eBay. Here is a picture of it:

http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/e9/81/b9d6_1.JPG

dougdirt
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
It actually is a Johnny Cueto card. It will be his first 'rookie card', but it won't be his first year card. MLB really screwed the pooch with that whole 'rookie card' idea. Topps Finest issued 10 of these throughout the product and throughout the season will reveal who each one is at different points. Send it in and you get a 2008 Johnny Cueto Topps Finest card.

dougdirt
04-15-2008, 01:46 PM
While I am here though.... my best friend and I are about to buy 2 cases (20 boxes) of 2007 BCDP. That ought to be fun to bust.

OnBaseMachine
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
It actually is a Johnny Cueto card. It will be his first 'rookie card', but it won't be his first year card. MLB really screwed the pooch with that whole 'rookie card' idea. Topps Finest issued 10 of these throughout the product and throughout the season will reveal who each one is at different points. Send it in and you get a 2008 Johnny Cueto Topps Finest card.

Ahhh...thanks.

So I buy this card and send it to Topps? Cool.

dougdirt
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Ahhh...thanks.

So I buy this card and send it to Topps? Cool.

Yeah, if thats what you want to do. He was the first guy they released who it was. I believe none of the other 9 players have been announced yet. Generally Topps is pretty quick with their non autographed redemptions (as they can't really control when a player decides to sign the cards). I am waiting on some Kyle Lotzkar autographs back from them currently. Hope they come soon, others have started getting theirs back.