PDA

View Full Version : new post on MLBtraderumors about Dunn to the Nationals...

redsfan4445
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
per mlbtraderumors.com

"Adam Dunn To The Nationals?
Surprisingly, with roughly four hours to ago, Adam Dunn's most likely suitor still appears to be the Washington Nationals.

Will Carroll says that Dunn would love to be reunited with good friend Austin Kearns in Washington, and might sign an extension there. He could become the face of the franchise. The problem is that the Nats don't have what the Reds want, so a third team would have to get involved.

Just speculating, but I could see some bad blood lingering between the two teams over the Gary Majewski thing. That has to make you wonder how Wayne Krivsky would ever let Dunn end up in Washington. Maybe he and Jim Bowden can let bygones be bygones."

now if Bowden can get Wily Mo, he has the same outfield he had in Cincinnati!!

TOBTTReds
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
now if Bowden can get Wily Mo, he has the same outfield he had in Cincinnati!!

Don't know if you were joking or not, but that was actually rumored too.

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Someone in the SunDeck proposed an EdE - Dunn for Zimmerman - Rauch - Cordero deal. Sounds unlikely, but I think I might actually do that deal...

TOBTTReds
07-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Here's something from MLBTR...though it is just speculation.

Here's a fun trade possibility: the Red Sox are interested in Chad Cordero (uh, who wouldn't be?) and may be dangling Wily Mo Pena, whom Jim Bowden is known to...how should I put this?...really like. Bowden hasn't acquired a toolsy outfielder for a couple of weeks now, so if the Sox found a way to sweeten the deal, perhaps Trader Jim would take the bait.

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
The Carroll blurb also mentions that the Nats are talking with the Red Sox, Tigers and Mets about their relievers Cordero and Rauch. Since the Nats don't have enough prospects to offer, perhaps a three-way deal could be in the offing? If we could somehow land Maybin or Milledge in the process, this would be a great deal.

Nats get : Adam Dunn
Mets get: Chad Cordero, Todd Coffey
Reds get: Lastings Milledge, Jon Rauch, and another prospect

How 'bout that?

Johnny Footstool
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
The Carroll blurb also mentions that the Nats are talking with the Red Sox, Tigers and Mets about their relievers Cordero and Rauch. Since the Nats don't have enough prospects to offer, perhaps a three-way deal could be in the offing? If we could somehow land Maybin or Milledge in the process, this would be a great deal.

How 'bout that?

The other prospect would have to be incredible.

Joseph
07-31-2007, 01:16 PM

How 'bout that?

Milledge wasn't on the table for Joe Blanton, so I'd think that he couldn't be dealt for Cordero either.

NJReds
07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
The Mets are extremely thin in the outfield right now with Beltran on the DL. I don't see them dealing Milledge w/out getting an OF in return.

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:18 PM
What about this:

Nats get: Adam Dunn
Tigers get: Chad Cordero, David Weathers
Reds get: Cameron Maybin, Jon Rauch

I know, these are shots in the dark. However, we do know that these GMs are exchanging phone calls right now, so it's fun to speculate.

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Here's a doozy for you:

Nats get: Adam Dunn
Mets get: Ken Griffey, Chad Cordero
Reds get: Lastings Milledge, Jon Rauch, Mike Pelfrey

Okay, I'll stop now.

dougdirt
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybin will not be moving. Last year the Yankees asked for him in the Sheffield deal and they Tigers said absolutely no way. They love Maybin.

11larkin11
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
We have Bruce. We don't need his rival Maybin;)

RedLegSuperStar
07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
The other prospect would have to be incredible.

Philip Humber?

guttle11
07-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry, but if the Reds don't get Zimmerman back from the Nats, or two really good pitching prospects from a 3rd team, the deal should not happen.

The Nats clearly want Dunn. Exploit that. I'd sweeten the deal with almost anyone not named Bailey, Bruce, and Cueto. Zimmerman is the RH bat the Reds need to compliment Hamilton, Bruce, and Votto. Do everything you can to make it happen.

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Okay, guttle11... would you do this?

Nats get: Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion
Mets get: Chad Cordero, David Weathers
Reds get: Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge, Jon Rauch, Phillip Humber

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Okay, I'm going to stop these hypothetical trade posts. That last one looks really ridiculous to me now.

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 01:42 PM

Only if we get cash back in the deal as well. :p: :D

Patrick Bateman
07-31-2007, 01:46 PM

That might be the single most lopsided trade I have ever seen. Considering Dunn only has one guaranteed year on his contract with the team he goes to, you would be lucky to get Zimmerman alone in that deal.

MartyFan
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM

I think it will work out like this, actually....

Nats get: NOBODY
Mets get: NOBODY
Reds get: Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge, Jon Rauch, Phillip Humber, Chad Cordero, David Weathers

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 01:50 PM

Reds get: Adam Dunn, Edwin Encarnacion, Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge, Jon Rauch, Phillip Humber, Chad Cordero, David Weathers

Don't forget:

A cup of hot fat, the head of Alfredo Garcia and the Beatles White Album.

guttle11
07-31-2007, 01:50 PM

No way! ;)

savafan
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why the Nats would be buyers?

RedLegSuperStar
MLBTradeRumors.com -

MetsBlog reports that Philip Humber was pulled from his scheduled start against the Portland Beavers today. Humber hasn't pitched since July 22nd, but food poisoning has been cited. There's a chance he's involved in a deal.

guttle11

Redszone would still crash with hate for that deal.:p:

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 01:52 PM

Because they are opening a new park next year and want to go into it with something a little more than "the worst team in the majors."

MartyFan
07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Redszone would still crash with hate for that deal.:p:

I am thinking if it could be sweetened up with some scrappy vet like Jeter or ARod it might be looked at a little more favorably...:beerme:

Falls City Beer
07-31-2007, 01:53 PM

Because at some point a fan base requires star power to sell tickets.

And occasionally, some teams realize that they're operating MLB franchises, not feeder teams for the big money clubs?

:confused:

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:53 PM
That might be the single most lopsided trade I have ever seen. Considering Dunn only has one guaranteed year on his contract with the team he goes to, you would be lucky to get Zimmerman alone in that deal.

Yeah, I know. Sorry. A guy can dream...

savafan
07-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Because they are opening a new park next year and want to go into it with something a little more than "the worst team in the majors."

Okay, fair enough...but I still don't like that we'd be giving Adam Dunn to Jim Bowden...

RedEye
07-31-2007, 01:57 PM
So does anyone else have more realistic three-way trade ideas involving the Reds, Nats and one of the three other teams (Mets, Tigers, Red Sox)? Part of my problem is that I don't know the minor league systems well enough, other than the very top prospects.

vic715
07-31-2007, 02:03 PM

If WK could pull this deal off I would consider him the smartest GM in baseball.

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
So does anyone else have more realistic three-way trade ideas involving the Reds, Nats and one of the three other teams (Mets, Tigers, Red Sox)? Part of my problem is that I don't know the minor league systems well enough, other than the very top prospects.

Nats get: Adam Dunn + Coffey
Mets get: Conine, C. Cordero
Reds get: Milledge, Kevin Mulvey, Rauch and Marrero.

Seems a litltle more fair all around.

Falls City Beer
07-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Nats get: Adam Dunn + Coffey
Mets get: Conine, C. Cordero
Reds get: Milledge, Kevin Mulvey, Rauch and Marrero.

Seems a litltle more fair all around.

Well, except the Mets get jobbed big time.

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, except the Mets get jobbed big time.

They are giving up Milledge to get Cordero, essentially, and giving up Mulvey to get Conine. That last part may be a little "unfriendly" to them. They might require another PTBNL to even out the trade a little more. I certainly think it's more realistic and fair than the others above.

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Hold onto your hats....

From Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Mets have gotten aggressive in their pursuit of the Nationals' Chad Cordero.

The Nationals are certain to want Lastings Milledge, but perhaps they'd settle for Carlos Gomez and a pitching prospect. If a Cordero deal happens, Jon Rauch would take over as Washington's closer.

flyer85
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
from ESPN chat

Adam Dunn: Do I get to keep striking out in Cincinnati?

SportsNation Jonah Keri: (11:06 AM ET ) Right now, it's looking that way. And if by striking out you mean, strikeouts are about the same, on the whole, as any other outs, and your homers and walks make the Ks largely moot, then yes.

TOBTTReds
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
from ESPN chat

HAHA. I love the response...kind of in that guys face.

Red Leader
07-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I think we can officially rule out a Dunn or EE trade.

Rotoworld.com reported that Minnesota made no trades at the deadline other than the Castillo to the Mets deal and they also reported that Chad Cordero and Jon Rauch were not traded.