PDA

View Full Version : Dumatrait to make Major League debut Thursday vs Nats.

Matt700wlw
07-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Per Rob Butcher.

wheels
07-31-2007, 10:15 PM
What do you mean?

Matt700wlw
Oops...forgot to edit the title.

CTA513
I just don't know what it is, yet...

Bellhorn to the Padres for Jake Peavy?
Freel to the Mets for Jose Reyes?
Hopper to the Phillies for Cole Hamels?

:pray:

Eric_Davis
08-01-2007, 06:50 AM
From the Enquirer this morning:

AS THE ROTATION TURNS: The Reds announced after Tuesday's game that left-hander Phil Dumatrait will make his major-league debut and start Thursday's game.

"I don't even know what to say," Dumatrait said. "I've been waiting for this moment since I was 5 years old. To have the opportunity, it's just unbelievable. It's so overwhelming."

In 21 starts with Triple-A Louisville this season, Dumatrait was 10-5 with a 3.49 ERA. He struck out 70, walked 48 and allowed 109 hits over 1182/3 innings.

"I've gone out and I feel like, so far this season, I've thrown the ball pretty well," said Dumatrait.

Also Tuesday, the Reds recalled Elizardo Ramirez from Louisville. So Ramirez could have started Thursday. The Reds still are listing "TBA" as Saturday's starter in Pittsburgh, which could mean Ramirez.

Or it could be Aaron Harang. Harang left his last start after one inning with a sore lower back. The Reds will slot him when he says he's ready.

"(Pitching coach) Dick Pole saw him (Monday) and said he was moving pretty good," Mackanin said.

Ramirez, a 24-year-old right-hander, spent most of the year rehabbing his shoulder. He's been good in Louisville - 2-2, 2.88 ERA in nine starts - but he said Tuesday that his shoulder still bothers him from time to time.

"A little bit," he said.

RedFanAlways1966
08-01-2007, 07:49 AM
The Reds announced after Tuesday's game that left-hander Phil Dumatrait will make his major-league debut and start Thursday's game.

Is today (the title) Wednesday or Thursday?!?! :D

Eric_Davis
08-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Is today (the title) Wednesday or Thursday?!?! :D

What's today? :D

indy_dave00
08-02-2007, 02:19 AM
I wish I could be optimistic about Phil Dumatrait's debut . I've watched him several times pitch for the Bats , he's very hittable , if he's not hitting his spots it could get very ugly , very quickly.

At this point a 5 inning start allowing 3 runs (5.40 era ) isabout the best I hope for.

remdog
08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
At this point a 5 inning start allowing 3 runs (5.40 era ) isabout the best I hope for.

That would be better than what Livingston gave us in Tuesday's game, although that's very shallow praise.

Rem

indy_dave00
08-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Rem old buddy think we will hear Chris Welsh say much the same about Dumatrait as he has Livingston. They are crafty lefties who can win at the big league level unfortunately Chris needs to removed his rose colored homer glasses. Both are nothing but stop gap arms till the youth in AA and AAA are ready.

remdog
08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Rem old buddy think we will hear Chris Welsh say much the same about Dumatrait as he has Livingston. They are crafty lefties who can win at the big league level unfortunately Chris needs to removed his rose colored homer glasses. Both are nothing but stop gap arms till the youth in AA and AAA are ready.

I think Welsh identifies with them on a personal basis. :D

Rem

Red Leader
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Could he do any worse than Clemens has done today?

- P. Konerko singled to left
- A.J. Pierzynski singled to center, P. Konerko to second
- J. Dye doubled to deep center, P. Konerko scored, A.J. Pierzynski to third
- D. Erstad singled to first, A.J. Pierzynski scored, J. Dye to third
- J. Uribe singled to left center, J. Dye scored, D. Erstad to second
- D. Richar flied out to center
- J. Owens reached on fielder's choice, D. Erstad to third, J. Uribe to second on second baseman R. Cano's fielding error
- A. Cintron grounded into fielder's choice, D. Erstad out at home, J. Uribe to third, J. Owens to second
- J. Thome singled to left, J. Uribe and J. Owens scored, A. Cintron to second
- P. Konerko doubled to left, A. Cintron scored, J. Thome to third
- A.J. Pierzynski singled to center, J. Thome and P. Konerko scored
- J. Dye doubled to right, A.J. Pierzynski to third
- M. Myers relieved R. Clemens

9 hits, 8 runs (so far).

flyer85
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
That K/BB ratio is not pretty.