PDA

View Full Version : Is it getting more than a little shrill?

flyer85
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
... and I certainly have had my moments as well.

In the end we are all Reds fans and want them to win but lamenting WK is going nowhere. He didn't make any trades, for whatever reason, and maybe that is for the best. It was the Reds off-season(or a lack on one) that led to the 2007 season.

We really don't know if they are trying to win now, trying to build or doing something else entirely. What is obvious is that the team in it's current configuration is nowhere near good enough to contend and the options coming up from the minors are very limited in the short term.

Hopefully the Reds FO will spend the next 2 months finalizing a get well plan and implement it in the off-season.

redsmetz
08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Flyer. I was thinking yesterday, I just want to enjoy the games. I know that's difficult with the losing so much, but I just want to enjoy the games.

TOBTTReds
08-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Flyer. I was thinking yesterday, I just want to enjoy the games. I know that's difficult with the losing so much, but I just want to enjoy the games.

You know what I find more intriguing, and positive is watching or following the minors. Even if a prospect doesn't do well, someone else will. The Bats have a very impressive team right now.

Roy Tucker
08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
What I know of the Reds comes from my TV, me being at games, and from my web browser. Sometimes it's good just to set the browser aside.

Heck, set the TV aside as well. Got watch a ballgame in person somewhere. Last evening while I was waiting for my youngest to finish marching band practice, I watched a couple 12-13 yr. old AABC teams play at the high school field. They were darn good. The sunset was pretty, the grass was green (well, greenish-brown), and the baseball was good. Doesn't get much better than that.

The Reds will get better someday. I guarantee that. Just a matter of when.

flyer85
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Got watch a ballgame in person somewhere. Last evening while I was waiting for my youngest to finish marching band practice, I watched a couple 12-13 yr. old AABC teams play at the high school field. They were darn good. The sunset was pretty, the grass was green (well, greenish-brown), and the baseball was good. Doesn't get much better than that.get out go do something. I went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station on Sunday. What a great concert and a fun time.

Red Leader
08-01-2007, 03:10 PM
get out go do something. I went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station on Sunday. What a great concert and a fun time.

I was there! 2nd row. What an awesome concert that was. My wife said that there was a write-up in one of the local papers that it was a bad show because of the venue (EJ Nutter center). It said "folk concerts should be played in small venues." Well, it would have been nice if the author would have realized that the Nutter was basically cut in 1/4 for the concert. Admittedly, I was up close, so everything sounded "small," but I don't think it mattered where you sat, Allison's voice was awesome (as usual) and the instrumental play was superb.

membengal
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Went and saw the White Stripes last night outdoors in Southaven, MS. It was a wonderful respite.

Heath
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
RL got second row seats to oogle at Alison.

:D

Last night I hit wiffle golf balls with my kids in the backyard. Good Times.

flyer85
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I was there! 2nd row. What an awesome concert that was. My wife said that there was a write-up in one of the local papers that it was a bad show because of the venue (EJ Nutter center). It said "folk concerts should be played in small venues." Well, it would have been nice if the author would have realized that the Nutter was basically cut in 1/4 for the concert. Admittedly, I was up close, so everything sounded "small," but I don't think it mattered where you sat, Allison's voice was awesome (as usual) and the instrumental play was superb.We were in the 7th row. I love Alison's dry sense of humor as well. The level of talent of AKUS with both instruments and voices is amazing.

RedsManRick
08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Good post Flyer. I can accept a poor outcome if the process is right. You can't win them all. But when you lose confidence in the process, you start to lose hope. I found myself watching other ballgames last night because, frankly, baseball is about the big picture. Sure, there are going to be little bits of interest. I still like to watch Junior, Dunn, and Hatteberg's at bats. I like to watch the young pitchers. But I'm losing interest in the Reds as a character in the greater drama.

Johnny Footstool
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I complain as much as anyone, but as soon as the Reds game comes on my TV, I'm happy again. Even when NoHo bats leadoff and Keppinger plays instead of Encarnacion, I still enjoy watching the games.

When the game ends, though, I grab my rope and pitons and head right back to ***** Mountain.

Red Leader
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
RL got second row seats to oogle at Alison.

:D

Your darn tootin' :cool:

flyer85
08-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Your darn tootin' :cool:too bad she doesn't wear tight and revealing outfits. :D

edabbs44
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Had my head handed to me over the weekend in Vegas. Would have rather been complaining about the Reds. :)

Puffy
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I grab my rope and pitons and head right back to ***** Mountain.

Brokeback??

Red Leader
08-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Brokeback??

There were only 5 *'s.

I think he meant P-U-F-F-Y.

Puffy Mountain. Same thing, I'd guess.

BUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNN! :D

Johnny Footstool
08-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Brokeback??

Don't need no rope or pitons for that place.

Red Leader
08-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Don't need no rope or pitons for that place.

Puffy's face is turning red from the embarrassment already.

Now he understands why people looked at him so strangely in his 'cowboy' gear.

traderumor
08-01-2007, 10:21 PM
We downsized our cable, which means I no longer get the Reds on FSN. I have enjoyed following the team more since then. We went to the Brewers game last Monday, saw them get drubbed by the Cubs on WGN (a channel we still get) on Sunday, and the rest I listen on gameday audio or follow on the internet. I really thought I'd missed seeing as many games as I wanted, but it was really quite freeing, sort of like pre-cable days when watching the Reds was a treat rather than "well they're on, I gotta watch it." And baseball is a great radio sport. And I still catch a few games on WGN and TBS, which the Braves and Cubs are both in pennant races where watching the Reds borders on crime and punishment.