PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose said what??!?!

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 02:56 PM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070802/COL05/708020317/1090

Nice. Real nice.

Unassisted
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Sun Deckers beat us to this topic (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61121) by a few hours.

Maybe Pete Jr. should save this article to show his future kids someday. It will help them understand why they don't get to visit their grandpa more often. ;)

Big Klu
08-02-2007, 03:24 PM
They were talking about this a few hours ago on an Astros board, too.

lollipopcurve
08-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Once you take the bat out of his hand, it's all downhill.

KronoRed
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
That's telling it like it is :lol:

Strikes Out Looking
08-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Pete's rehabilitation is doing wonders. He may get into the HOF by 2500.

westofyou
08-02-2007, 03:35 PM
He told them winning is everything and if you get second place you're just losers."

I met a guy once who went to school with Pete.

He said Pete was the type of guy who knocked the books out of your hands in the hallway.

George Anderson
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
If that was someone I didnt know, I would swear the guy is either drunk or a complete ass.

Sad thing is anyone who knows Pete knows he doesnt drink!!!

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 04:03 PM
If that was someone I didnt know, I would swear the guy is either drunk or a complete ass.

Sad thing is anyone who knows Pete knows he doesnt drink!!!

He's just an ***.

He could play some ball, though! :D

MartyFan
08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry...PETE ROSE is a tool and the US ARMY should have more forethought than having him in to speak to kids...once again, Army Intelligence asleep at the wheel.

(That was a joke...funny probably only to me and some those who are anti war...but there you have it)

TOBTTReds
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
He did a similar thing in town last year at a camp in Cincy. Brilliant.

red-in-la
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM

He said Pete was the type of guy who knocked the books out of your hands in the hallway.

Hey WOY, guess what.....I graduated from Western Hills High School in 1973. My four older brothers also did as well as my father-in-law. My eldest brother DID go to school with Peter Edward....and Rose was a less-than-model student.

Before you continue with this tripe, check your facts.

BTW, there is a movie called Airbourne......about, believe it or not, rollerblade skating. It was filmed at Western Hills.....rent it some time.

westofyou
08-02-2007, 04:45 PM
My eldest brother DID go to school with Peter Edward....and Rose was a less-than-model student.

What facts?

The guy who told me?

You just confirmed it from where I sit.

I know a guy who worked on Airborn, said it was a joke movie, part of the rollerblade chase intercuts part of Cincinnati with part of Malibu, it's quite the gaffe.

BuckeyeRedleg
08-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Jack Black was the goalie in that movie. Seth Green was funny. I kinda liked it.

TOBTTReds
08-02-2007, 05:04 PM
What facts?

The guy who told me?

I know a guy who worked on Airborn, said it was a joke movie, part of the rollerblade chase intercuts part of Cincinnati with part of Malibu, it's quite the gaffe.

I was invited to be a rollerblader in that movie as an extra! haha. I was younger, about 10, and my parents had me in check then. I liked the movie...good stuff.

TOBTTReds
08-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey WOY, guess what.....I graduated from Western Hills High School in 1973. My four older brothers also did as well as my father-in-law. My eldest brother DID go to school with Peter Edward....and Rose was a less-than-model student.

BTW, there is a movie called Airbourne......about, believe it or not, rollerblade skating. It was filmed at Western Hills.....rent it some time.

What is this rant about???? Completely unwarranted. All he said is that he used to knock books out of kids hands, and you agreed he was a "less-than-model student." Whats your beef???:confused:

nate
08-02-2007, 05:10 PM
What is this rant about???? Completely unwarranted. All he said is that he used to knock books out of kids hands, and you agreed he was a "less-than-model student." Whats your beef???:confused:

Pete must've given swirlies and made fun of "band geeks" rather than slamming books.

Red Leader
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Pete must've given swirlies and made fun of "band geeks" rather than slamming books.

Don't say that! You don't know him. :laugh:

deltachi8
08-02-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.animalswithinanimals.com/stallio/uploaded_images/ron-burgundy-761210.jpg

You stay classy, Pete!

MrCinatit
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Even as an adult, I didn't need to know that Pete had a good look at DiMaggio's off-field tools.

Always Red
08-02-2007, 09:12 PM

My mom went to high school with Pete. She says similar things.

red-in-la
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
What facts?

The guy who told me?

I misunderstood what you said WOY.....:eek:

It is a stupid movie, but it does show you just where Pete Rose grew up. Funny, HBO has shown it over and over again for the last couple of months.

The shots in it from inside good ole West Hi are fraught with memories.....Just glad they didn't include scenes from any Elder - West Hi football games.....ouch!

RedsBaron
08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Renaming "Pete Rose Way" would get my support. How about "Sparky Anderson Avenue" or "Johnny Bench Boulevard" or "Tony Perez Parkway"?

GAC
08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
What he did was inappropriate in front of children; but Pete has always been this way. It's called "environment". He's a clone of his Dad, and his Mom was pretty much a "free spirit" who wasn't afraid to tell it like it is.

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
A caller earlier said she and her son was there and this story is really making something out of nothing.

She said it wasn't that big of a deal.

Who knows? I've heard both sides...

KronoRed
08-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Renaming "Pete Rose Way" would get my support. How about "Sparky Anderson Avenue" or "Johnny Bench Boulevard" or "Tony Perez Parkway"?

Has to be Cesar Geronimo Parkway

TOBTTReds
08-02-2007, 10:17 PM
A caller earlier said she and her son was there and this story is really making something out of nothing.

She said it wasn't that big of a deal.

Who knows? I've heard both sides...

I heard that caller, but that is the same woman who's son will be a complete "Pete Rose" in school.

The one point I agreed with that she said was: "People knew he was going to speak there." And if you know him at all, he's a moron.

westofyou
08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
It is a stupid movie, but it does show you just where Pete Rose grew up. Funny, HBO has shown it over and over again for the last couple of months.

Nah.. it's a Disney Kids movie, not stupid...just cheap.. like most live action Disney films (North Avenue Irregulars anyone?) my friend said it was low budget, and that plus getting to film in his home town was the reason he took it... but he said it was not his usual big ticket Hollywood paycheck.

Cedric
08-02-2007, 11:28 PM
"Pete (Rose) doesn't run with celebrities and he can't stand the phonies. His big buddy in LA ain't Sinatra, it's a funny old groundskeeper."

He's just Pete. Too bad he has no internal censor.

REDREAD
08-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Has to be Cesar Geronimo Parkway

How about the Juan Castro expressway? :)

Big Klu
08-03-2007, 02:09 AM

Joe Nuxhall Road

SunDeck
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM

I grew up in Delhi, just above the hill from where Pete grew up. I've probably met and talked to about fifty people who knew Pete when he was growing up. The consensus is that he was just a dumb kid who had a singular desire to play baseball. The mentality he had on the field- play to win, be aggressive- was pretty much the way he was off the field. He was tough, bullying, hard as nails and really didn't have a care about anyone or anything that was not associated with baseball.

Pete grew up down in Riverside, which has always been a tough part of town. When I was a kid, the kids from down there always beat us in baseball and my guess is that they needed it more than we did. If we lost, we went to King Kwik to get Icees. If they lost, they got screamed at (which I witnessed) or worse (which I feared was a beating). His dad was notoriously hard and I'm sure he was raised with some pretty tough lessons.

The fact that his language is geared towards the sports stag audience is also pretty well known and I think it's a pretty dumb idea to invite him to speak to kids.

deltachi8
08-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Joe Nuxhall Road

Dan O'Brien Path?