PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Santos gets the call Saturday... or not

Danny Serafini
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM
At least according to Trent's blog, Santos will get the start. Get your tickets now!

BuckeyeRedleg
08-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Harang, Arroyo and pray for tornado.

KronoRed
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM

I was thinking earthquake

BRM
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Excellent! Let the youth movement begin!

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I was thinking earthquake

I was thinking Typhoon :D

Ltlabner
08-02-2007, 06:08 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a2/Manos-dvd_cover.jpg

Manos....Santos...

Whatever....they both have hands of fate.

registerthis
08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Come on.

Every single year, we get something like this. I guess he's a warm body. And I guess he can throw a spherical object in the general direction of the batter.

So I guess that makes him pitching material.

paulrichjr
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
It's official! We will have a new manager next year. They no longer care about making Pete look good. You have to feel sorry for the guy and well even the team. The Reds are not doing all they can to win now or in the future. If they were trying to win now they would find someone besides Santos to pitch (period). If they were trying to win in the future they would bring up guys like Votto and Bray and see how they handle the show.

Sometimes I wish I had been born a Braves, Indians, Yankees, or Red Sox fan...

Big Klu
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
And I have been planning on going to this game, too... :(

I wonder why the Reds sent Elizardo Ramirez back to Louisville? I would have preferred that he start on Saturday.

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Ummm...yay?

nate
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
And I have been planning on going to this game, too... :(

I wonder why the Reds sent Elizardo Ramirez back to Louisville? I would have preferred that he start on Saturday.

I might be mistaken but I thought I read that he said his shoulder was acting up again.

Cyclone792
08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
It's official! We will have a new manager next year. They no longer care about making Pete look good. You have to feel sorry for the guy and well even the team. The Reds are not doing all they can to win now or in the future. If they were trying to win now they would find someone besides Santos to pitch (period). If they were trying to win in the future they would bring up guys like Votto and Bray and see how they handle the show.

Sometimes I wish I had been born a Braves, Indians, Yankees, or Red Sox fan...

I don't feel sorry for Mackanin at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. As far as I'm concerned, Mackanin is getting what he deserves. Same as Wayne Krivsky and the Reds organization.

On July 18th in Atlanta, Mackanin runs Harang out there to throw 118 pitches in 7.2 innings. Then on July 23rd against Milwaukee, Mackanin runs Harang out there to throw 10 innings and 121 pitches. The very next start Harang leaves the game early with a back injury. All this comes on the heels of two years of Jerry Narron abusing Aaron Harang.

Four days after running Harang out there to pitch 10 innings, Mackanin runs Bronson Arroyo out to throw 123 pitches in 7.2 innings against the Cubs. This comes on the heels of one-and-a-half years of Jerry Narron abusing Bronson Arroyo, plus we all know what happened to Arroyo in May/June after Narron ran him into the ground earlier in the season.

Seriously, what's the point in running those two guys in the ground like that? Where's this team going in 2007? Are playoff tickets being printed in secret?

When managers abuse pitchers, bad things tend to happen to those pitchers. And when those pitchers are ineffective or hurt, bad things tend to happen to the team's pitching staff. The worst part about this whole situation is Wayne Krivsky has sat around letting his two managers abuse the crap out of the two best starting pitchers this organization has had in years.

The Cincinnati Reds regularly invent new ways to shoot themselves in the foot. They're a franchise that's been riddled with poor decision-making, and we're all seeing the consequences of many of those poor decisions.

Cyclone792
08-02-2007, 06:53 PM
And while we're at it, let's not forget about the awful decision to bring Homer Bailey up to the big leagues when it was plainly evident that the kid wasn't ready. Sure it got a bunch of people excited and sold a few more tickets, but at what cost?

Is the goal to develop this sort of pitching prospect in a manner that gives him the best chance to succeed throughout his career? Or is the goal to recklessly rush him and risk that future because your team's falling apart in June and you'd like to sell a couple thousand more tickets?

paulrichjr
08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
And while we're at it, let's not forget about the awful decision to bring Homer Bailey up to the big leagues when it was plainly evident that the kid wasn't ready. Sure it got a bunch of people excited and sold a few more tickets, but at what cost?

Is the goal to develop this sort of pitching prospect in a manner that gives him the best chance to succeed throughout his career? Or is the goal to recklessly rush him and risk that future because your team's falling apart in June and you'd like to sell a couple thousand more tickets?

Ticket sales are the ultimate goal...not championships

Cyclone792
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM

And apparently everybody in the Reds' front office has forgotten that the meal ticket for continous ticket sales is championships.

RedLegSuperStar
08-02-2007, 07:05 PM

So true.. shame if they were home Saturday they may of sold a ton of tickets!

Stormy
08-02-2007, 07:37 PM

:beerme:

VR
08-02-2007, 07:38 PM
This ugly season is about to turn coyote ugly.

MrCinatit
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM

Manos....Santos...

Deep hurting. Deeeeeeep hurting. Way too long, amaturish, and not worthy of being shown unless being watched with a buch of friends who are also there to make fun of it.

But, enough about Santos...

Tom Servo
08-02-2007, 08:52 PM

Manos....Santos...

Victor takes care of the mound while the Master is away.

vaticanplum
08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
True story: when my cousin heard last week that Lohse was traded, she called me to chat about it. She said, "I knew they were going to trade him, but still, what do they expect to do the rest of this season? Who the hell are they going to call up to start, Victor Santos?" She thought she was being funny.

Heath
08-02-2007, 09:04 PM
This ugly season is about to turn coyote ugly.

Can Maria Bello pitch?

RedLegSuperStar
08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Might not be the case as Santos is probably coming in to pitch a few innings

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Santos in...

Now what?

Superdude
08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Pedro Alvaraz is in the bag. ;)

Tornon
08-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Gosling?

Matt700wlw
08-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Gosling?

Could be.

indy_dave00
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Kirk Saarloos probably gets the call up.

MrCinatit
"...and tonight's starter, Rickey Stone..."

RedLegSuperStar
Santos in...

Now what?

GULP...

Belisle? Saarloos? Gosling?

Matt700wlw

Been there. Done that. Lost the t-shirt.

indy_dave00
08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Its been recycle time Saarloos sent down twice , Stone recalled twice, Santos sent down recalled , Coffey down then back up , Majewski called up twice . Think in Wayne's world its Saarloos time again.

CTA513
08-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Time for the Reds to come up with a new promotion that allows Reds fans to pitch.

:fineprint

Heath
08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
maybe they need a bullpen day.

Let Coffey start.

oh, whoops, sorry. Everday is bullpen day.

KoryMac5
08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Soooo glad I picked this weekend to go see the Reds play at PNC. At least the view of the stadium will be nice.

deltachi8
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Soooo glad I picked this weekend to go see the Reds play at PNC. At least the view of the stadium will be nice.

I actually was thinking of making the trip myself for Saturday's game. Now, not so much...

BRM
08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
From today's Enquirer.

The Reds are leaning toward starting Livingston on short rest on Saturday.

"We'll know more (today)," Mackanin said.

Harang's feeling better and he ran some Thursday. He also was supposed to throw a light bullpen session.

Tonight's starter, Matt Belisle, might have to absorb a bit of a beating to give the bullpen a break.

"That's a manager's worst nightmare," Mackanin said. "You've got to leave someone out there to suck it up. Everybody yells and screams. It's better to do it on the road than at home."

Chip R
08-03-2007, 10:45 AM

"...and tonight's starter, Rickey Stone..."

Stop it, you guys. That's not funny. :eek: :eek: :eek:

indy_dave00
08-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Matt Belisle might have to absorb a beating? Like thats a choice?? Since his May 29th win his 5th and so far last this season- Matt's era is over 6.20 for his last 10 starts.

Sorry at this point does it really matter , the last 2 months of this season are making me long for World Champion Indianapolis Colts Football.