PDA

View Full Version : Freel Hurt??

RedLegSuperStar
08-02-2007, 11:19 PM
C. Trent -

Freel's knee is hurt. He will go to Pittsburgh and be examined there. Expect Hopper to start in center. Freel said his knee was locking up on him. Hopper spiked himself on his attempt at a break-up slide in the ninth.

Depending on the severity of the injury could this mean we might actually get to see Joey Votto?

My prediction is they will list it day to day and then DL him after examination. With Hamilton starting to swing the bat might mean a rehab stint in Louisville. Which brings me to Votto.. Votto has been playing LF especially now with the Bats trying to get both he and Cantu's bat in the line-up. Where would he play and would he get enough AB's? I think Hatteberg is still sore and Conine has been playing the last 3 games... Votto could take over 1st and platoon with Hatteberg while Conine moves to the bench and could sub at 1st/RF/LF.

Well.. At least here's hoping! :beerme:

KronoRed
08-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I'd rather they not call Votto up to ride the bench, he should get regular playing time if he makes the jump

dougdirt
08-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Hatteberg and Votto would be the only lefty/lefty 'platoon' in the history of baseball I imagine.