PDA

View Full Version : Why character matters:

texasdave
08-03-2007, 07:27 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/08/03/dukes.rays.ap/index.html

from CNNSI.

Very talented and very troubled it would appear.

redsupport
08-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh I am so glad the Reds have all the good character people, they must have a wonderful team chemistry. I bet the rest of the league is envious

Screwball
08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh I am so glad the Reds have all the good character people, they must have a wonderful team chemistry. I bet the rest of the league is envious

Way to miss the point.

uoduck1017
08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
The Devil Rays optioned Dukes to the minor leagues in concert with putting him on the inactive list on June 23, a move the team said would give him time away from the game to try to straighten out his personal life.

Whoops. Guess that didn't work.

HUHUH
08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/08/03/dukes.rays.ap/index.html

from CNNSI.

Very talented and very troubled it would appear.

Let's hang the guy on a rail.

According to the article,
"Dukes violated the order by telephoning her on July 21 and asking to speak to the children."

Oh my god! He wants to speak to his children. Call the cops.

I remember when Michael Jordan retired, he said he was going home to be a "regular father": you know, drive the kids to school and stuff. Something he had never done before since he was so completely consumed with basketball.

texasdave
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Let's hang the guy on a rail.

According to the article,
"Dukes violated the order by telephoning her on July 21 and asking to speak to the children."

Oh my god! He wants to speak to his children. Call the cops.
I remember when Michael Jordan retired, he said he was going home to be a "regular father": you know, drive the kids to school and stuff. Something he had never done before since he was so completely consumed with basketball.

Focus on whatever part of the article you want to. That's cool. I was alluding to the fact that his estranged wife felt threatened enough to get a restraining order in the first place. To each his own.