PDA

View Full Version : PNC Park August 4

deltachi8
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
My son and I had a great time at PNC Park last night for the Reds-Pirates slug fest. Sundeck poster Grounds_Crew helped us secure some great seats and was very helpful with information and friendly as well.

First some impressions...

Bobby Livingston is a disaster waiting to happen. His fastball ball is slow and straight so he tries to pick corners often. He simply throws too many pitches to get his outs. He will be what he is, a 4.5 or so ERA going 5-6 IP. Also, he seems to work awfully slow.

In the 3rd, Alex Gonzalez did not run out the double play ball he hit...not even close. If that had been Dunn, Griffey or Encarnacion I am wondering if a thread would already be posted about it.

Norris Hopper...I will give him this, he plays hard. He takes advantage of the limited skill set he has.

Todd Coffee is just not a major league pitcher right now. Even the foul balls hit off him were stung.

Gonzalez and Keppinger both made very slick plays at SS and Griffey played a nice RF.

Burton had the best stuff of any Reds pitcher last night, and it wasn't even close. This kid could be very good someday soon.

Stanton, well, seriously...Lastly, Dunn...now THATS clutch.

If you have not hit a game at PNC, do so. Great park! Here are some pics...

Pete watching BP:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/pitt8.jpg

Dunn Hitting:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/pitt19.jpg

Griffey Hitting:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/pitt17.jpg

Adam - Player of Game
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/pitt24.jpg

Dinner - Primanti Brothers...worth the drive for this.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/deltachi8/pitt25.jpg

WVRedsFan
08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Great pictures. You had great seats, too!

KoryMac5
08-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I was at the game as well, almost got to see every member of the bullpen. Sat with my wife in section 108 had a nice view of the game. The fans in Pittsburgh were very nice, and made us feel at home. It was also a thrill to take the clipper into the game. It is a very cool boat ride and it drops you off steps from the park.

Sucks we got rained out today as I had tickets for todays game as well, maybe the rainout will give me another excuse for a roadtrip.

As for the game great hustle play by Hopper to generate a run, when the team needed to keep up with the bullpen.

Stanton should be DFA'd he has nothing left in the tank.

Coffey needs some more work developing an outpitch, it seems when he gets ahead in the count the batter has already seen what he has to offer. I do give him credit though he was out in the rain today signing autographs.

Weather's kid is a pretty good outfielder for his age. Must be pretty cool to field fly balls from JR and Dunn.

TOBTTReds
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Delta, were you on the same trip as my gf and me? We went to Primanti Bros on Friday and watched the game there. Then on Saturday we went to the game. Here were my observations...more trivial though.

Morris and Edwin hit their HR's to the identical seat of a Reds fan. He let Morris' ball hit his seat and bounce onto the field, but he caught Edwin's lazer with his bare hands...something I wouldn't try to do probably.

Stormy's kid was shagging fly balls during BP. He didn't drop one, and even made a couple diving catches. He also played the crowd a bit with theatrics and throwing balls into the seats.

Great park of course.

In the bottom of the 9th, a guy was riding Dunn the whole time yelling G-rated things to him like, "Dunn means K!" and "Hit it to left." He was a family type of guy although he was very obnoxious. Then when Dunn came up in the 10th, the guy asked if he was going to hit a HR right in the guys grill. I said, "You don't wake a sleeping giant." BOOM! HR! That guy is clutch. Heckler walked up the stairs and out of the park with his family after the AB. I was laughing.

Overall good time, but IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the parking areas!

deltachi8
08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Delta, were you on the same trip as my gf and me? We went to Primanti Bros on Friday and watched the game there. Then on Saturday we went to the game. Here were my observations...more trivial though.

Morris and Edwin hit their HR's to the identical seat of a Reds fan. He let Morris' ball hit his seat and bounce onto the field, but he caught Edwin's lazer with his bare hands...something I wouldn't try to do probably.

Stormy's kid was shagging fly balls during BP. He didn't drop one, and even made a couple diving catches. He also played the crowd a bit with theatrics and throwing balls into the seats.

Great park of course.

In the bottom of the 9th, a guy was riding Dunn the whole time yelling G-rated things to him like, "Dunn means K!" and "Hit it to left." He was a family type of guy although he was very obnoxious. Then when Dunn came up in the 10th, the guy asked if he was going to hit a HR right in the guys grill. I said, "You don't wake a sleeping giant." BOOM! HR! That guy is clutch. Heckler walked up the stairs and out of the park with his family after the AB. I was laughing.

Overall good time, but IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the parking areas!

We just made a day trip of it, having Primanti Bros before the game.

And you are rright about Weather's kid, that is a ballplayer in the making. Grounds_Crew tells me Stormy works with the kid before each game and the kid is flat out amazing.

Love the story on the Dunn heckler.