PDA

View Full Version : Favorite QUote of the year:

Team Clark
08-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Josh Towers on Tony Pena after hitting A-Rod:

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle [Overbay] and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

Pena quit as manager of Kansas City in May 2005.

"I don't care," Pena said when asked about the incident. "I have no comment. Let him talk."

I love competitive fire!!! Or as Brantley calls it.. "Intestinal Fortitude".

westofyou
08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Josh Towers, sage or moron?

I know what I think.

cincrazy
08-08-2007, 04:30 PM
A guy like Josh Towers is always popping off at the mouth. He should take a minute and consider that he's almost single-handedly killed any chance Toronto had of winning by losing literally every time out earlier in the season with an ERA that would make Jimmy Haynes feel great.

Johnny Footstool
08-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Tony Pena didn't really quit. He was "asked" to step down as Royals manager following a scandalous affair with his neighbor's wife.

KoryMac5
08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
As a coach Pena should set a better example and keep his mouth shut. Too often in these scrums a former player turned coach incites instead of calming things down.

Big Klu
08-10-2007, 04:52 PM
As a coach Pena should set a better example and keep his mouth shut. Too often in these scrums a former player turned coach incites instead of calming things down.

Exhibit A: Don Zimmer, 2003 ALCS.