PDA

View Full Version : Any idea why no Dunn in today's lineup?

klw
08-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Tomko pitching. Lefties have a .903 OPS against him this year. Obviously may just be a rest day but with the rainout and Monday off it seems like it is an odd choice. Any indication that he has been worn down/ something lingering?

markymark69
08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Mackaninin on the pre-game show said he was just giving Dunn a day off. He didn't ask for one, it was just a manager's decision.

He went on the say that he needs Keppinger's bat in the line-up as much as possible and was excited about seeing him in the outfield.

Degenerate39
08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Because Mac can't make a decent line up

klw
08-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Mackaninin on the pre-game show said he was just giving Dunn a day off. He didn't ask for one, it was just a manager's decision.

He went on the say that he needs Keppinger's bat in the line-up as much as possible and was excited about seeing him in the outfield.

Thanks for the info.

AmarilloRed
08-09-2007, 12:32 PM
With Freel out for the year, Keppinger is the Super-Sub the rest of the year.

texasdave
08-09-2007, 12:36 PM
If I read the gamelogs correctly, Adam Dunn has been in the starting lineup 50 consecutive games. He has earned his day off. The folks on here that complain every time he is given a day off are the same ones who complain that he is a big man and the club wears him down at the end of the season because they play him every single day. You can't have it both ways.

klw
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about him getting a day off, I just thought the timing was odd given the two days off earlier. Looking at things he is only 3 for 16 against Tomko (with 2 hr) so it isn't as if Dunn owns him. Dunn certainly has earned a day off and with the heat today does make sense,

Degenerate39
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about him getting a day off, I just thought the timing was odd given the two days off earlier. Looking at things he is only 3 for 16 against Tomko (with 2 hr) so it isn't as if Dunn owns him. Dunn certainly has earned a day off and with the heat today does make sense,

I'm really surprised any of the starters are getting a day off after those two days off in a row.

REDblooded
08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Good info guys. Until I read the posts on here, I'd just assumed Dunn was missing the game today because it was too close to lunch.

durl
08-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Dunn's numbers against Tomko:

BA: .188 (3 for 16)
H: 3
HR: 2
K: 4
BB: 5

The guy could probably use a day off but Dunn is pretty much feast or famine against Tomko. More famine than feast, that's for sure. Still, 3 hits and 2 of them are homers? Wow.

mroby85
08-09-2007, 01:46 PM
dunn has been hitting too well lately, and he's being punished, lol.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-09-2007, 02:54 PM
J Kepp is a good hitter, and his baserunning today.. not only scored a run(had he not petitioned for the balk the pitch before they wouldnt have called it), but he also showed he can be a reliable outfield player..

Boston Red
08-09-2007, 03:12 PM
With Freel out for the year, Keppinger is the Super-Sub the rest of the year.

Except that the "super" part actually applies to Keppinger.

Redus
08-09-2007, 07:24 PM
If I read the gamelogs correctly, Adam Dunn has been in the starting lineup 50 consecutive games. He has earned his day off. The folks on here that complain every time he is given a day off are the same ones who complain that he is a big man and the club wears him down at the end of the season because they play him every single day. You can't have it both ways.

Holy Crap 50 straight games?Somewhere Cal Ripken just chuckled.:D

JLB5
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I was at today's game and sat in LF right behind Keppinger. He did a solid job. He has good range and a good arm. He got to balls in the corner well and got his throws in quickly. I wouldn't say he's the next Willie Mays, but he can cover the position.