PDA

View Full Version : He's still around??

Matt700wlw
08-12-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070812/SPORTS06/708120581/1048/SPORTS

This former Reds farmhand has made more money to do absolutely nothing....

I want his job.

top6
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I like how the article leaves out the part where he thought he was too good to play for the Reds and pouted his way back to the minors.

Of course, he was probably 20 or 21 then, and I probably did some things at that age that I regret. Looks like failure has knocked him down a peg or two, so maybe he is a little more thankful for what he has now?

(ALSO, I like in the comments under the article the theory the George Steinbrenner conspired with OSU to ruin Michigan's football season by signing Henson.)

Redmachine2003
08-12-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070812/SPORTS06/708120581/1048/SPORTS

This former Reds farmhand has made more money to do absolutely nothing....

I want his job. I guess this is what you get when your dad is a super agent for football players. You get all the hype in the world and always have a job.

Dom Heffner
08-12-2007, 12:09 PM
It actually shows how much money can be made from having potential.

westofyou
08-12-2007, 12:14 PM
(ALSO, I like in the comments under the article the theory the George Steinbrenner conspired with OSU to ruin Michigan's football season by signing Henson.)

Now that is really something that could have been an aside to Henson signing, let's not think for a second that George didn't see it that way, he has the background, plus the ability to see the deal at every angle.

After two years in the Air Force, Steinbrenner coached high school basketball and football at Aquinas High School (Columbus, Ohio), semi-pro football (Pope's Inn) under Ohio State University All-American Victor Marino, and attended Ohio State University. On March 1, 1955, he was named an assistant football coach at Northwestern University, but was fired along with head coach Lou Saban on December 13 of that year. Saban soon resurfaced at Purdue University and took Steinbrenner with him. After marrying Joan Zieg on May 12, 1956, Steinbrenner spent one season with the Boilermakers before joining his father's struggling company,

StillFunkyB
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Now that is really something that could have been an aside to Henson signing, let's not think for a second that George didn't see it that way, he has the background, plus the ability to see the deal at every angle.

I don't have a problem with it! :D

Then again, I'm just another stupid Ohio State fan ;)

traderumor
08-12-2007, 08:20 PM
He was the QB in Cooper's last UM drubbing, which he played a major part in orchestrating. The tables have kind of turned since then, but who's counting? ;)

MartyFan
08-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I can remember watching Henson while he was here in Columbus with the clippers...he wasn't great but I think he put WAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE on himself and then the fans just ate him up.

Columbus has only one pro team and that is Ohio State Football, everything else is what happens outside of the bubble.

even if he would have done a lot better it wouldn't have been good enough to win the local fans over.