PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Jorgensen brought up for Ross

Matt700wlw
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Today the Reds selected from Louisville the contract of C Ryan Jorgensen (#23)...he takes the roster spot vacated by C David Ross, who went on the 15-day disabled list with a concussion...Ross suffered the injury Sunday vs SD in a home plate collision with Mike Cameron.

In other transactions, IF Mark Bellhorn, who on Sunday was designated for assignment, has accepted an outright assignment to Louisville.

Big Klu
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Is Ryan Jorgensen related to former Expos 1B Mike Jorgensen?

Matt700wlw
08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm surprised nobody's commented on this....maybe they don't know who I'm talking about ;)

RedLegSuperStar
08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm surprised nobody's commented on this....maybe they don't know who I'm talking about ;)

Eh.. It was rumored to happen. Nothing really screams excitement like: .229 2 HR's 26 RBI's .600 OPS

camisadelgolf
08-14-2007, 06:35 PM

The drama's happening in the Minor League forum. You're not missing much, though.

REDREAD
08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
If only we had kept Moeller.. :lol: Wasn't this the exact rational for having 3 catchers :)

Ron Madden
08-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Ryan Jorgensen will give you as much production as Chad Moeller at a more affordable price. (nothing from nothing is nothing)

The Reds never gained a thing when they acquired Chad Moeller and they never lost anything dealing him away.

CTA513
08-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Im going to guess and say he gets to start against the lefty Ted Lilly tonight.

paulrichjr
08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Im going to guess and say he gets to start against the lefty Ted Lilly tonight.

PeteMac said that in today's Enquirer... Congrats to Ryan.

Big Klu
08-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I look for Javier Valentin to get the majority of the playing time vs. both RHP and LHP, but when he gets a day off, it will be vs. lefties. Tonight is a night game, followed by a day game on Thursday--so it is expected that Valentin would get one of those days off, and Jorgensen would get a start. Tonight's game is against the LHP Ted Lilly, so it makes sense that Jorgensen starts tonight, with Javy back out there tomorrow afternoon.

Roy Tucker
08-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I know Javy has been sharpening up his catching skills lately after rarely being used by Narron, but after watching the game last night, he still has a ways to go.

I'd also recommend a gym membership for him in the off-season. I think he's going to be visiting the hot tub a lot if he catches many games.