PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Football Draft

Caveat Emperor
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Anyone can participate -- post up your draft and let anyone comment.

I'm in a 12 team league that does PPR (Point Per Reception), TD Yardage bonus (adds value for longer TD runs/receptions), and a couple other quirks that make receiving RBs slightly more valuable.

Here is what my final roster looks like:

QBs: Vince Young, Jon Kitna
RBs: Frank Gore, Maurice Jones-Drew, Micheal Turner, Adrian Peterson
WRs: Lee Evans, Javon Walker, Hines Ward, Wes Welker, Joe Horn, Anthony Gonzalez
TEs: Antonio Gates, Greg Olson
K: Josh Brown
DEF: NY Jets

I'm hoping I can count on Adrian Peterson for some production during the bye weeks. I imagine he'll get quite a few touches in Minny. My QBs I'm OK with, considering I got Young in the 9th round. My WRs I like a lot -- I figure they should be consistent producers. TE, whats not to love about Antonio Gates? My def was my last overall pick -- there are still some good ones left, so hopefully I can easily replace if my hunch on the Jets is wrong this year.

Any thoughts?

GoReds33
08-15-2007, 05:22 AM
First I would like to say that I am in no way a fantasy football expert, but I am a big NFL fan. From what I have heard recently experts expect Olsen to have a great year this year. If you could get a great player for Gates I would consider it. I like the Anthony Gonzalez pick. He uses that chamber thing that gets his body more oxygen. If he is on the field enough, I expect him to wear out the secondary. I think that also bodes well for Harrison and Wayne. Michael Turner is a beast in the limited time he has seen too, but behind LT he won't play enough unless LT gets hurt. Young was a steal. I see him throwing 25 tds this year. Maybe he rushes for 5-8.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-15-2007, 07:29 AM
It's a solid all-around team. I'd probably play Kitna over Young though, I think he is set up to have a huge year with all the weapons he has.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Here's my team:

QB: Kitna, Leinart
WR: Chad Johnson, Donald Driver, Terry Glenn, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Williams
RB: LT, Reggie Bush, Brandon Jabobs, Jerious Norwood
TE: Randy McMichael
K: Jason Elam
DEF: Baltimore, Minnesota

HotCorner
08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Caveat ... I like the trio of Gore, Jones-Drew and Peterson. Your WR core is deep with Walker, Evans and Ward. Welker is a sleeper. I really like Kitna this season. He could be the Drew Brees of this season.

HHF ... Again I really like Kitna this season plus Leinart should be a top 10 QB this season too. WR deep is a bit thin after 85 and Driver. RB's are high on potential but all lack a proven track record for being the "man" for their team.

Caveat Emperor
08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Here's my team:

Its hard not to like the RB situation you've got going with LT and Reggie Bush -- both of them were first rounders in my draft. Brandon Jacobs is going to be a TD machine, though I think he'll lose midfield carries to other backs.

I love the Kitna pick -- with Williams, Johnson and Furrey at the wides, he should be poised for some big numbers. Leinart might be the sleeper QB of the year.

WRs -- who doesn't like CJ? Donte Stallworth is a HR hitter, but if McNabb is back to form he could see a lot of balls thrown his way. Driver is streaky too. You could see lots of production from this group on some weeks, and then go full months with nothing else. I'm not a Randy McMichael fan, but there are far worse TEs out there.

And then add the best defense.

Good draft. Play the matchups with your WRs each week and you should be OK.

cumberlandreds
08-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Here's my team:

I had LT and Bush last season on my team. My team ran away and hid with the championship. I would feel real good with that team you have. Barring injuries of course.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Stallworth is in New England now, not Philly. I think he should get a lot of looks in single coverage playing off of Moss. And with McMichael, I decided to wait a while after not getting one of the top 2 TE's and I think he could put up some pretty good numbers with that Rams offense.

For people looking for a possible late round TE sleeper, I'd suggest giving both McMichael and Eric Johnson of the Saints a look. Johnson was a pretty good pass catcher in San Fran and with the high octane offense the Saints have he could get a lot of looks.

Degenerate39
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Here's how my draft went:

1. (1) LaDainian Tomlinson RB
2. (12) Carson Palmer QB
3. (13) Chad Johnson WR
4. (24) Ronnie Brown RB
5. (25) Roy Williams WR
6. (36) Andre Johnson WR
7. (37) Vince Young QB
8. (48) Chris Cooley TE
9. (49) New England DEF
10. (60) Neil Rackers K
11. (61) Clinton Portis RB
12. (72) Braylon Edwards WR
13. (73) Kellen Winslow TE
14. (84) Jake Delhomme QB
15. (85) Philadelphia DEF
16. (96) John Kasay K

AmarilloRed
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I am not a Football Fantasy Draft guy, but I thought I would mention Madden 2008 has a new Fantasy Draft mode. Maybe some of you would be interested in that.

tripleaaaron
08-15-2007, 05:47 PM
It's a solid all-around team. I'd probably play Kitna over Young though, I think he is set up to have a huge year with all the weapons he has.

Kitna is a definately a starter over Young, and I agree that your team is solid, but it has alot of ? marks especially at the RB position, and since this is heavily weighted in your league, I am going to have to give you a B- on your draft, Peterson could be a solid #3, but if he can't fully go and LT doesn't go down, you may be wishing you had taken a solid 3rd RB in the middle rounds. Your best bet is to attempt to trade the owner of LT Turner in exchange for a RB who will regularly contribute.

tipdogusaf
08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Here's how my draft went:

2. (12) Carson Palmer QB
3. (13) Chad Johnson WR
4. (24) Ronnie Brown RB
5. (25) Roy Williams WR
6. (36) Andre Johnson WR
7. (37) Vince Young QB
8. (48) Chris Cooley TE
9. (49) New England DEF
10. (60) Neil Rackers K
11. (61) Clinton Portis RB
12. (72) Braylon Edwards WR
13. (73) Kellen Winslow TE
14. (84) Jake Delhomme QB
15. (85) Philadelphia DEF
16. (96) John Kasay K

Thats a pretty good team right there. Your first three players are all stars. I cant believe portis was still there that late.

REDblooded
08-17-2007, 05:54 AM
I am not a Football Fantasy Draft guy, but I thought I would mention Madden 2008 has a new Fantasy Draft mode. Maybe some of you would be interested in that.

and I sold my 360........madden is the only reason i bought it, and last years version was so freaking disappointing. The fact that they removed the fantasy draft was my biggest gripe. Good to see they brought it back.

TheBurn
08-17-2007, 05:47 PM
QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF

1. (10) Frank Gore RB
2. (15) Rudi Johnson RB
3. (34) Reggie Wayne WR
4. (39) Larry Fitzgerald WR
5. (58) Jon Kitna QB (there was a QB run at this point)
6. (63) Darrel Jackson WR
7. (82) Vernon Davis TE
8. (87) New England DEF (there was a DEF run at this point)
9. (106) Stephen Gostkowski K (there was a K run at this point)
10. (111) Jerrico Cotchery WR
11. (130) Jeff Garcia QB
12. (135) Lorenzo Booker RB
13. (154) Owen Daniels TE
14. (159) Brandon Jones WR

:cool:

Buckeye33
08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF

1. (10) Frank Gore RB
2. (15) Rudi Johnson RB
3. (34) Reggie Wayne WR
4. (39) Larry Fitzgerald WR
5. (58) Jon Kitna QB (there was a QB run at this point)
6. (63) Darrel Jackson WR
7. (82) Vernon Davis TE
8. (87) New England DEF (there was a DEF run at this point)
9. (106) Stephen Gostkowski K (there was a K run at this point)
10. (111) Jerrico Cotchery WR
11. (130) Jeff Garcia QB
12. (135) Lorenzo Booker RB
13. (154) Owen Daniels TE
14. (159) Brandon Jones WR

:cool:

Getting Gore at #10 and Rudi at #15 is pretty good. Not sure how or why Gore lasted till then but you benefit from it for sure. Jackson and Davis were also good picks at those spots.

Not a fan of Garcia or going with the crowd and picking a K in the 9th round. The difference in Gostkowski and whoever was left in the 14th round is going to be nearly nothing.

tipdogusaf
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
1. (11) Travis Henry RB
2. (14) Ronnie Brown RB
3. (35) Antonio Gates TE
4. (38) Andre Johnson WR
5. (59) Carnell Williams RB
6. (62) Reggie Brown WR
7. (83) Chris Chambers WR
8. (86) Eli Manning QB
9. (107) Jay Cutler QB
10. (110) Jerricho Cotchery WR
11. (131) LaMont Jordan RB
12. (134) Josh Scobee K
13. (155) Wes Welker WR
14. (158) Reggie Williams WR
15. (179) Cincinnati DEF

Here is my team what do you guys think

Degenerate39
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
1. (11) Travis Henry RB
2. (14) Ronnie Brown RB
3. (35) Antonio Gates TE
4. (38) Andre Johnson WR
6. (62) Reggie Brown WR
8. (86) Eli Manning QB
9. (107) Jay Cutler QB
12. (134) Josh Scobee K
13. (155) Wes Welker WR
15. (179) Cincinnati DEF

You need an upgrade on defense if possible

Caveat Emperor
08-20-2007, 10:22 PM
1. (11) Travis Henry RB
2. (14) Ronnie Brown RB
3. (35) Antonio Gates TE
4. (38) Andre Johnson WR
6. (62) Reggie Brown WR
8. (86) Eli Manning QB
9. (107) Jay Cutler QB
12. (134) Josh Scobee K
13. (155) Wes Welker WR
15. (179) Cincinnati DEF

I like it, for the most part. You're deep at WR, but thin at production for RBs -- thats to be expected since you're picking 11th and all of the elite backs are long gone by that point.

camisadelgolf
08-21-2007, 05:32 AM
For you being the 11th pick, I think that's a great draft.

cumberlandreds
08-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Here's my draft and team. What do you think? I was never any good at fantasy football until last year when I was lucky enough to get LT in first round and he carried me away to a championship. I've got him again this year so I believe I have pretty good team with him,Bush and Gates. Hopefully Palmer will have a career year too.

Round Pick Player Position
2. (16) Carson Palmer QB
3. (17) Reggie Bush RB
4. (32) Antonio Gates TE
5. (33) Baltimore DEF
6. (48) Donte' Stallworth WR
7. (49) Calvin Johnson WR
8. (64) Deion Branch WR
9. (65) Adam Vinatieri K
10. (80) Matt Leinart QB
11. (81) Ahman Green RB
12. (96) Santonio Holmes WR
13. (97) Mike Furrey WR
14. (112) Randy McMichael TE
15. (113) Carolina DEF
16. (128) Matt Stover K
17. (129) Marion Barber III RB

Johnny Footstool
08-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I've got the 4th pick in my upcoming draft (next Thurs.). I'm taking Addai if he's on the board. If not, it'll be Frank Gore.

Caveat Emperor
08-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I've got the 4th pick in my upcoming draft (next Thurs.). I'm taking Addai if he's on the board. If not, it'll be Frank Gore.

I don't know there are a lot of scoring systems where Addai would rank as the #4 pick.

Johnny Footstool
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know there are a lot of scoring systems where Addai would rank as the #4 pick.

Rotoworld ranks him at #4, saying "Addai has a complete game. There is almost no downside to him on a bulletproof Colts offense."

Edgerinn James was the top back in the game for a number of years with that offense.

I like Frank Gore at #4, too, but I'll take the Colts' offense over the Niners'.

camisadelgolf
08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
The craziest thing happened in my league: The first pick was Steven Jackson. There was that plus a different guy in my league had 15 draft picks and used seven of them on wide receivers. Anyway, I'm not too excited about my team. I was the eight pick out of 16 teams, which is the most difficult spot in the draft if you ask me (because you have absolutely no idea who will be available for your next pick). I think my team is so-so, given the circumstances, but I don't see any glaring strengths.
QB Vince Young
Last year, I had Shaun Alexander. The year before, I had Donovan McNabb. When will I ever learn?

QB Daunte Culpepper
If he has an average year, then I'll be satisfied. I was surprised to find him in the 11th round of a 16-team league.

RB Laurence Maroney
He was the most valuable player available when I drafted. I just hope he continues to improve.

RB Edgerrin James
Last year was a huge down year, but he still managed to rush for over 1,100 yards. He's also saying that there's a night and day difference on the line between this year and last year.

RB Jerious Norwood
He was great last year. If his role continues to expand, and he produces close to how he did last year, I got the steal of his draft.

RB Chris Henry
LenDale White has had trouble staying healthy, and Henry has a chance to take over as an every-down back.

WR Andre Johnson
I'm hoping he has another quality year, but if Matt Schaub is an improvement over David Carr, I could be in for a treat.

WR Calvin Johnson
Roy Williams will hopefully take all the defensive attention and open the game up for Calvin Johnson, who is just a beast.

WR Vincent Jackson
I'm hoping for a breakout year. Actually, I'm pretty much banking on it, since I have hardly any wide receiver depth.

WR Kevin Curtis
I'm hoping Donovan McNabb finds out he loves throwing to Kevin Curtis.

TE Jason Witten
He's consistently one of the better tight ends.

TE Dan Campbell
Hopefully I'll find a use for him only on Witten's bye week. Who knows? Maybe he'll have a career year while on my bench.

K Nate Kaeding
Everything is in his favor for him to be one of the highest-scoring kickers in the NFL this year.

Steelers def/ST
Even with the roster changes, you can count on them to be solid. On top of that, they play against some weak quarterbacks in the first half of the season.

Browns def/ST
They were the best defense available on the Steelers' bye week.

Johnny Footstool
08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
That's not a bad team for a 15-team league. You've got some longshots at WR, but lots of upside. Jackson is a good candidate to break out.

I think your RBs are very solid. Edge will be a fine RB2: he managed 4.2 Yards per Carry in the last 8 games of the season.

You do need a better QB, though. Ditch that extra TE and take a chance on Alex Smith.

camisadelgolf
08-23-2007, 03:33 AM
That's not a bad team for a 15-team league. You've got some longshots at WR, but lots of upside. Jackson is a good candidate to break out.

I think your RBs are very solid. Edge will be a fine RB2: he managed 4.2 Yards per Carry in the last 8 games of the season.

You do need a better QB, though. Ditch that extra TE and take a chance on Alex Smith.

I wish Alex Smith were available. He was on my 'want' list, but he was drafted much earlier than expected. 30 QBs were taken, leaving the following studs:

Charlie Frye
Damon Huard
Tarvaris Jackson
Chris Simms
Charlie Frye
David Carr
Derek Anderson
Jake Plummer
Kurt Warner
JaMarcus Russell
Mark Brunell
Brodie Croyle
Tim Rattay
Kyle Boller
Brad Johnson
Trent Dilfer
Isaiah Stanback
Brooks Bollinger
Kyle Orton
Seneca Wallace
Michael Vick (heh)

Johnny Footstool
08-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Drop that TE and get Tavaris Jackson. He's got some upside, limited though it may be.

camisadelgolf
08-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok, I'm trusting you on this. I'll be sure to do that.

Johnny Footstool
08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok, I'm trusting you on this. I'll be sure to do that.

Even in a 15-team league, extra TEs are fairly useless. I'd rather use the roster spot on a starting quarterback with upside. You'll be able to find an adequate substitute TE during Witten's bye week.

If Jackson doesn't work out, Brodie Croyle would be your other option. If he wins the starting job in KC, you might consider dropping Culpepper, who I think is done.

Mario-Rijo
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Here is my team we have a Keeper league Frank Gore was my Keeper
Kitna, Jon QB DET
Delhomme, Jake QB CAR
Jackson, Brandon RB GB
Maroney, Laurence RB NE
Peterson, Adrian RB MIN
Gore, Frank RB SF
Leonard, Brian RB STL
Taylor, Chester RB MIN
Williams, Roy WR DET
Owens, Terrell WR DAL
Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ
Jennings, Greg WR GB
Burleson, Nate WR SEA
Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
Daniels, Owen TE HOU
Elam, Jason K DEN
Chargers, DST DST SD

Johnny Footstool
08-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Very solid squad, Mario-Rijo. How many teams in your league?

camisadelgolf
08-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Even in a 15-team league, extra TEs are fairly useless. I'd rather use the roster spot on a starting quarterback with upside. You'll be able to find an adequate substitute TE during Witten's bye week.

If Jackson doesn't work out, Brodie Croyle would be your other option. If he wins the starting job in KC, you might consider dropping Culpepper, who I think is done.

The only reason I picked up a backup tight end because everyone else in the league had backup tight ends. The tight end situation is more desperate than the quarterback situation.

Mario-Rijo
08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Very solid squad, Mario-Rijo. How many teams in your league?

10 teams

Johnny Footstool
08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
The only reason I picked up a backup tight end because everyone else in the league had backup tight ends. The tight end situation is more desperate than the quarterback situation.

They will drop them. They always do.

Extra TEs are the first to go after the season starts and teams start grabbing "emerging" WRs. And guys will drop them after bye weeks. Witten's bye isn't until Week 8, so you'll be fine.

Danny Serafini
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Here's what I wound up with. It's a 12 team keeper league. There's no minimum or maximum number of players you can keep, but we have a salary cap so it forces people to make decisions. I kept a good chunk of last year's team. I worry about the receivers a little since I'm counting on someone breaking out, but I'm strong enough elsewhere that I think I can afford it.

QB Tom Brady
QB Jon Kitna
QB Brodie Croyle

RB Steven Jackson
RB Frank Gore
RB Warrick Dunn
RB Ahman Green
RB Brian Leonard
RB Ahmad Bradshaw

WR Andre Johnson
WR Terry Glenn
WR Bernard Berrian
WR Greg Jennings
WR Mike Furrey
WR Steve Smith (NYG)
WR Chris Henry

TE Jeremy Shockey
TE Bo Scaife

K Joe Nedney
K John Kasay

D Jaguars
D Raiders

Coach Broncos
Coach Packers

Yes, we actually draft coaches. We're sick like that. :laugh:

uoduck1017
08-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Coach Broncos
Coach Packers

Yes, we actually draft coaches. We're sick like that. :laugh:

How does that work? The coach with the most challenges overturned gets the most points?

Danny Serafini
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
2 points if the team wins. Our average scores are probably in the 45-55 range, so it's not much, just a goofy thing we added for the heck of it.

uoduck1017
08-24-2007, 09:28 PM
2 points if the team wins. Our average scores are probably in the 45-55 range, so it's not much, just a goofy thing we added for the heck of it.

That's pretty cool actually.

camisadelgolf
08-28-2007, 01:40 AM
I was in another draft (this one with 12 teams), and I feel much better about the results. One thing to keep in mind is that we start only one running back.

QB Donovan McNabb
Unless he gets injured, I should have top-five quarterback.

QB Eli Manning
He might finally have that breakout year people have been predicting, but if it's more of the same, I still have a decent backup.

RB Steven Jackson
Yep.

RB Travis Henry
He's a running back in Denver, and I'll probably need him for only one game. I'm hoping to make him trade bait.

WR Roy Williams
I just hope Calvin Johnson doesn't take all his touches.

WR Vincent Jackson
I'm hoping for a breakout year.

WR Terry Glenn
He had 1,000 yards receiving while playing with T.O. and having a shaky quarterback situation. Maybe it's his turn to catch the touchdowns while T.O. gets the yardage.

WR Braylon Edwards
Once again, I'm hoping for a breakout year.

WR Kevin Curtis
Still, I'm hoping for a breakout year.

TE Tony Gonzalez
I hope to see a spike in his production.

K Neil Rackers
Does it really matter?

DEF Seattle Seahawks
I'll take it.

uoduck1017
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
RB Steven Jackson
Yep.

Absolute beast. How 'bout that 2,500 total yard goal he set for himself? The scary thing is, he could probably do it.

Dom Heffner
08-29-2007, 12:24 AM
12 team league, here are my starters:

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Ladainian Tomlinson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Donald Driver
WR- Marques Colston
TE- Alge Crumpler
Defense- Pittsburgh
K- Adam Vinatieri

I also have Lavernaues Coles, JP Losman, Jerious Norwood and whole slew of nobody's.

camisadelgolf
08-29-2007, 04:09 AM
12 team league, here are my starters:

QB- Drew Brees
RB- Ladainian Tomlinson
RB- Maurice Jones-Drew
WR- Donald Driver
WR- Marques Colston
TE- Alge Crumpler
Defense- Pittsburgh
K- Adam Vinatieri

I also have Lavernaues Coles, JP Losman, Jerious Norwood and whole slew of nobody's.

You can't really complain about that draft, I think.

HotCorner
08-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I commish two 12-team leagues. Here are my squads:

1(7) RB ADDAI,JOSEPH (KEEPER)
2(19) RB BUSH,REGGIE
3(30) WR WAYNE,REGGIE
4(43) WR JOHNSON,ANDRE
5(54) QB LEINART,MATT
6(67) RB PETERSON,ADRIAN
7(78) WR BERRIAN,BERNARD
8(91) QB MANNING,ELI
9(102) Def CAROLINA DEFENSE
10(115) WR JENNINGS,GREG
11(126) WR BRUCE,ISAAC
12(139) RB BROWN,CHRIS
13(150) Def OAKLAND DEFENSE
14(163) PK GRAHAM,SHAYNE
15(174) RB ROBINSON,MICHAEL
16(187) QB HARRINGTON,JOEY

The following team is part of a new league I started this season. Owners will be required to keep a minimum of 11 players from their previous season's roster.

1(9) RB BUSH,REGGIE
2(16) RB WESTBROOK,BRIAN
3(33) WR EVANS,LEE
4(40) WR HOUSHMANDZADEH,T.J.
5(57) WR BURRESS,PLAXICO
6(64) QB KITNA,JON
7(81) TE OLSEN,GREG
8(88) WR CLAYTON,MARK
9(105) RB TAYLOR,FRED
10(112) Def DALLAS DEFENSE
11(129) RB JONES,KEVIN
12(136) WR JONES,BRANDON
13(153) RB BROWN,CHRIS
14(160) QB RUSSELL,JAMARCUS
15(177) QB CAMPBELL,JASON
16(184) PK MARE,OLINDO

Johnny Footstool
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
10 Teams, no PPR.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D

I had the 4th pick.

T Romo
A Smith

J Addai
R Brown
B Jackson
J Jones

Chad Johnson
A Boldin
R Williams
D.J. Hackett
J Porter

J Shockey

S Gostkowski

D Broncos

It was a crazy draft. The top 5 QBs went in the first 2 rounds, so I waited until round 8 to get a QB. The top 4 defenses went in rounds 4 and 5. One guy missed the draft and ended up with 4 kickers.

I'm pretty happy with my team. I've got 2 of the top 15 RBs, 3 top-10 wideouts, a top-3 TE, and an INT-heavy defense that gets the Chiefs and Raiders twice. I wanted Phillip Rivers at QB, but he got taken 2 picks before I could get him, so I took Romo instead. I almost got Leinert as my backup, but he has the same bye week as Romo.

nate
08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
We just drafted our 12-team, Yahoo keeper league last night. I had pick #1!

1 LT
2 carson palmer
3 reggie wayne
4 housh
5 cadillac
6 chris cooley
7 Deuce McAllister (keeper)
8 jerricho cotchery
9 Marion Barber III (keeper)
10 pittsburgh d
11 Adam Vinatieri
12 vernard morency
13 ronald curry
14 tj duckett
15 brandon jones
16 chris perry

I was getting tired at the end, hence some of the picks.

uoduck1017
08-31-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Teams, no PPR.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D

I had the 4th pick.

T Romo
A Smith

J Addai
R Brown
B Jackson
J Jones

Chad Johnson
A Boldin
R Williams
D.J. Hackett
J Porter

J Shockey

S Gostkowski

D Broncos

It was a crazy draft. The top 5 QBs went in the first 2 rounds, so I waited until round 8 to get a QB. The top 4 defenses went in rounds 4 and 5. One guy missed the draft and ended up with 4 kickers.

I'm pretty happy with my team. I've got 2 of the top 15 RBs, 3 top-10 wideouts, a top-3 TE, and an INT-heavy defense that gets the Chiefs and Raiders twice. I wanted Phillip Rivers at QB, but he got taken 2 picks before I could get him, so I took Romo instead. I almost got Leinert as my backup, but he has the same bye week as Romo.

So I'm guessing with that first round pick you took Addai. I took Alexander with the 4th pick. Did you hesitate on that pick at all or did you know for sure you would have taken Addai?

Johnny Footstool
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
I was going to take Addai unless the #3 owner got him, then it was going to be Gore. As luck would have it, the #2 guy drafted Manning, and Steven Jackson fell to #3. I talked to the #3 owner later, and he said he was going to draft Gore or Larry Johnson anyway, so I didn't need to worry. Gore fell all the way to #10 somehow. Rudi Johnson (!) and Carson Palmer went before him. The #10 owner ended up with Gore and Westbrook.

As for Alexander and Larry Johnson, they weren't even on my radar. I prefer Addai because he's a 2nd year RB with a complete game, working in a monstrous offense. The kid put up over 1300 total yards and 8 TDs last season as a rookie *playing part-time*. IMO, his upside is only slightly lower than LT and Steven Jackson.

uoduck1017
08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
I was going to take Addai unless the #3 owner got him, then it was going to be Gore. As luck would have it, the #2 guy drafted Manning, and Steven Jackson fell to #3. I talked to the #3 owner later, and he said he was going to draft Gore or Larry Johnson anyway, so I didn't need to worry. Gore fell all the way to #10 somehow. Rudi Johnson (!) and Carson Palmer went before him. The #10 owner ended up with Gore and Westbrook.

As for Alexander and Larry Johnson, they weren't even on my radar. I prefer Addai because he's a 2nd year RB with a complete game, working in a monstrous offense. The kid put up over 1300 total yards and 8 TDs last season as a rookie *playing part-time*. IMO, his upside is only slightly lower than LT and Steven Jackson.

Wow, that was a crazy draft. Team #10 was probably shocked that Frank Gore fell that far. Peyton Manning going second overall is just disturbing.

Johnny Footstool
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow, that was a crazy draft. Team #10 was probably shocked that Frank Gore fell that far. Peyton Manning going second overall is just disturbing.

The guy with the #2 pick had his computer lock up just as the draft started, and he hadn't adjusted his draft rankings, so he auto-drafted Manning.

I was on a conference call with the guy drafting #10, and I was cussing him out for being a lucky SOB.

GoReds33
09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
The guy with the #2 pick had his computer lock up just as the draft started, and he hadn't adjusted his draft rankings, so he auto-drafted Manning.

I was on a conference call with the guy drafting #10, and I was cussing him out for being a lucky SOB.I want the odds on Gore falling that far. Thats hilarious.:)

edabbs44
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Just had my draft Thursday...had the 2nd pick in a 10 team league. PPR, 4 pts for a TD pass, 6 for TD rush/rec, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec (25 yds passing) and bonuses at 100 yds rush/rec, 300 yds passing.

QB: Peyton, Favre
RB: SJax, Deuce, Marshawn, Kevin Jones, Rhodes
WR: Wayne, A Johnson, Edwards, Holmes, Henderson
TE: Vernon, Watson
K: Hanson
DEF: Baltimore

Stunning that I got Manning in the 2nd, but remember that QB values are a little diluted. Still love my team.

GoReds33
09-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Just had my draft Thursday...had the 2nd pick in a 10 team league. PPR, 4 pts for a TD pass, 6 for TD rush/rec, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec (25 yds passing) and bonuses at 100 yds rush/rec, 300 yds passing.

QB: Peyton, Favre
RB: SJax, Deuce, Marshawn, Kevin Jones, Rhodes
WR: Wayne, A Johnson, Edwards, Holmes, Henderson
TE: Vernon, Watson
K: Hanson
DEF: Baltimore

Stunning that I got Manning in the 2nd, but remember that QB values are a little diluted. Still love my team.Good team. I like your team, except for Rhodes, and Hanson. Isn't Rhodes out the first four games? I guess you are taking a chance there. I hope that pays off. I am not a big Hanson fan. Is there any good FAs out there? Graham maybe.

Gainesville Red
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM
14 team draft.

I had the 7th pick.

QB's: Palmer, Alex Smith

RB's: Alexander, Portis, Fred and Chester Taylor.

WR's: Chad Johnson, Stallworth, Berrian, Santonio Holmes.

TE's: Heap, Heath Miller

K: Akers

Def: Chicago

D: Merriman

I'm not thrilled with it, but I guess you never are w/ a 14 team league.

We'll see.

edabbs44
09-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Good team. I like your team, except for Rhodes, and Hanson. Isn't Rhodes out the first four games? I guess you are taking a chance there. I hope that pays off. I am not a big Hanson fan. Is there any good FAs out there? Graham maybe.

Took Rhodes in the 14th, for exactly the reason you said (taking a chance). I'm not in love with Hanson, but while others were taking kickers in the 11th and 12th, I was taking Ben Watson and Kevin Jones. I think Hanson will be a good value. Solid offense, but yet somewhat schitzophrenic, and a dome to kick in. Not a bad combo.

edabbs44
09-02-2007, 08:36 PM
14 team draft.

I had the 7th pick.

QB's: Palmer, Alex Smith

RB's: Alexander, Portis, Fred and Chester Taylor.

WR's: Chad Johnson, Stallworth, Berrian, Santonio Holmes.

TE's: Heap, Heath Miller

K: Akers

Def: Chicago

D: Merriman

I'm not thrilled with it, but I guess you never are w/ a 14 team league.

We'll see.

For a 14 team league? That's a solid team. I like Santonio to possibly be a starter for you. I guess your #2 RB is weak. Portis could be good, but he could be a bust.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Took Rhodes in the 14th, for exactly the reason you said (taking a chance). I'm not in love with Hanson, but while others were taking kickers in the 11th and 12th, I was taking Ben Watson and Kevin Jones. I think Hanson will be a good value. Solid offense, but yet somewhat schitzophrenic, and a dome to kick in. Not a bad combo.Not at all. I am not a big fan of taking kickers in general. I usually just get my kicker out of the way. I take a guy like Shane Graham in like the ninth or tenth rounds. I like to take my flyers at very late rounds, and from free agency and the waiver wire.:)

camisadelgolf
09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
This is from the RedsZone draft today, which had 16 teams:

QB Donovan McNabb
I took a quarterback higher than I wanted to, but the dropoff at quarterback was much bigger than the dropoff at running back.

RB Laurence Maroney
Is he ready for a breakout year?

RB Willis McGahee
Even if he has some career lows, it can still be solid for a #2 running back.

WR Mark Clayton
I didn't have too many options at wide receiver--I just hope my first one was the best available.

WR Matt Jones
If it weren't for the quarterback situation in Jacksonville, I'd have a good feeling about Matt Jones this year. He can do some great things once he has the ball.

TE Tony Gonzalez
I could feel a run at tight end coming, so I took the best available so I didn't have to wait forever until my next pick.

W/R Adrian Peterson
He looked great in preseason. I hope he steals a bunch of touches from Chester Taylor.

W/T Drew Carter
This is just further evidence as to how weak I am at wide receiver.

K Josh Scobee
I think I was the last person to take a kicker.

DEF Cincinnati Bengals
WHO-DEY! (The other defenses didn't look like too good of options either.)

QB Alex Smith
Everyone's predicting a breakout year, which is usually a recipe for failure, but I'm on the bandwagon, too.

RB Chris Henry
He might take LenDale White's job.

WR Chris Henry
I can wait eight games, I guess.

WR Troy Williamson
In retrospect, I totally forgot about Devin Hester and wish I picked him instead.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
My RedsZone team:

QB: Tom Brady-
I regret not taking Bulger, still not sure why I went with Brady.

WR: Vincent Jackson-
Not the greatest #1 fantasy WR, but I'll take him.

WR2: Donte Stallworth-
I like him in New England.

RB: Shaun Alexander-
Should come back strong

RB2: Marshawn Lynch

TE- Eric Johnson-
Sleeper pick, could turn out to be good.

W/T- Derrick Mason

W/R- Fred Taylor-
I love having the 3rd strong starting back.

K- Joe Nedney

Def- Baltimore
Best defense in the league!

Bench- Drew Bennett, Peerless Price, Mike Bell, Daunte Culpepper

joshnky
09-03-2007, 08:08 PM
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Reggie Brown
WR Darrell Jackson
RB Frank Gore
RB Deuce McAllister
TE Jason Witten
W/T D.J. Hackett
W/R Carnell Williams
K Shayne Graham
DEF Minnesota

My receivers aren't outstanding but I wanted to take draft RBs first. I'm a little concerned that Shayne Graham's injury might keep him out of the first game but otherwise I'm satisfied.

uoduck1017
09-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Who had the #1 pick in the RedsZone league?

camisadelgolf
09-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Who had the #1 pick in the RedsZone league?

The name of the team is Jamestown Fire.

Gamble
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
In the Redszone fantasy league that has been running for several years now I had the first overall pick.

2. (24) Carson Palmer QB
3. (25) Chad Johnson WR
4. (48) Chicago DEF
5. (49) Hines Ward WR
6. (72) Santonio Holmes WR
7. (73) Joe Horn WR
8. (96) Shayne Graham K
9. (97) Adrian Peterson RB
10. (120) Randy McMichael TE
11. (121) Justin Miller DB
12. (144) DeShaun Foster RB (Released and claimed TE Greg Olsen)
13. (145) LenDale White RB
14. (168) Drew Bennett WR (Released and claimed QB Trent Green)

uoduck1017
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, this year's first pick is the easiest, as LT is the closest to a sure thing in fantasy football.

Ben
09-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Drafted this team this morning (10 player Yahoo Casual League). I had the 8th pick. I like my RB's/QB's but I feel that my WR's leave alot to be desired. In order by the round...

1-Brian Westbrook
2-Willie Parker
3-Drew Brees
4-Lee Evans
5-Clinton Portis
6-Darrell Jackson
7-Chris Chambers
8-Dallas Clark
9-Carolina D
10-Olindo Mare
11-Matt Leinart
12-Donte Stallworth
13-Jacksonville D
14-Alex Smith
15-Brandon Jackson

HotCorner
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I've always thought it would be funny to draft a team of players with the same name and call them Double Vision.

QB: Alex Smith, SF
RB: Adrian Peterson, MIN
RB: Adrian Peterson, CHI
RB: Chris Henry, TEN
RB: Josh Scobee, BUF
WR: Chris Henry, CIN
WR: Steve Smith, CAR
WR: Steve Smith, NYG
TE: Alex Smith, TB
K: Josh Scobey, JAX

Of course the team wouldn't be that good.

GoReds33
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
In the Redszone fantasy league that has been running for several years now I had the first overall pick.

2. (24) Carson Palmer QB
3. (25) Chad Johnson WR
4. (48) Chicago DEF
5. (49) Hines Ward WR
7. (73) Joe Horn WR
8. (96) Shayne Graham K
Well... I guess I lose.

tipdogusaf
09-07-2007, 01:35 PM
if you guys need wr help i would look to see if eric moulds is available. Vince young has to throw to someone.

Buckeye33
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
if you guys need wr help i would look to see if eric moulds is available. Vince young has to throw to someone.

Also, Glenn could be out for the year in Dallas and that makes Patrick Crayton a solid #3 WR in leagues, especially in PPR leagues.

tripleaaaron
09-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Here's my team:

Is this a 6 team league? If not I want to join it is not believeable if it is a 12 team league, no way. Unless the rest of the league is monkeys

HumnHilghtFreel
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Is this a 6 team league? If not I want to join it is not believeable if it is a 12 team league, no way. Unless the rest of the league is monkeys

lol standard 10 team league. I like it too!

tripleaaaron
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
well then very well done indeed. It seems like you had 6 or 7 human counterparts and 1 or 2 neandertals and only 2 monkeys in the league. LOL. Very good team, should win it all, But I know better to assume as last season I had Gore, LJ, Roy Will., Colston (@TE mind you), T.J, and Marion Barber at the Flex, Kitna and Ravens D in a 12-team league and didn't even make the playoffs! How you ask? The fantasy gods hated me. I had more points than anyone else in the league (by over a hundred and fifty) but just drew everyone for their best week. I was on the losing end of several 126-125 type loosing matchups. Ouch. This was the 2nd year in a row that I had clearly the dominant team, and missed the playoffs. Me and fantasy sports have quite the love-hate relationship.

RedEye
09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Here are my picks in an 8-team draft with a standard flex set-up:

1(5) - Joseph Addai RB
2(12) - Reggie Bush RB
3(21) - Willis McGahee RB
4(28) - Roy Williams WR
5(37) - Larry Fitzgerald WR
6(44) - Marc Bulger QB
7(53) - Todd Heap TE
8(60) - Cadillac Williams RB
9(69) - Tony Romo QB
10(76) - DeAngelo Williams RB
11(85) - Chargers DST
12(92) - Matt Jones WR
13(101) - Anthony Gonzalez WR
14(108) - DeShaun Foster RB
15(117) - David Akers K

Overall, I like my team. My RB's are extremely deep with a front three of Addai, Bush, and McGahee backed by Cadillac and the CAR duo of Foster/Williams. I was happy to get a top QB in Bulger and a solid backup in Romo, as well as a top-5 TE in Heap. My only reservations are with my WR's. I like Williams and Fitzgerald quite a bit, but both have shown inconsistency at times and are hard to project as true #1 options week in and week out. I have no clear #3 at this point, so if one of them goes down, I might be looking at a black hole in my lineup for a few matchups.

Thoughts?

RedEye
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM

2. (24) Carson Palmer QB
3. (25) Chad Johnson WR
4. (48) Chicago DEF
5. (49) Hines Ward WR
7. (73) Joe Horn WR
8. (96) Shayne Graham K

LT is the best. Not sure how you managed to get both CP and CJ in a RedsZone fantasy league, but I'm jealous. As a #2 WR Hines Ward is a great pickup. He infuriates me in real games, but he's a stalwart in fantasy.

Not a real fan of the rest of the squad except for Adrian Peterson. I think #4 is too high to take a DST...

Then again, it seems that your league also drafts IDP's (Justin Miller DB), so I may just not understand how the scoring system plays out.

You might want to go back and get Foster again. He looked pretty good last Sunday, and CAR always has a pretty tough run game. I know, I know, he might split production with Williams... but depth at RB is important IMO.

uoduck1017
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Here are my picks in an 8-team draft with a standard flex set-up:

1(5) - Joseph Addai RB
2(12) - Reggie Bush RB
3(21) - Willis McGahee RB
4(28) - Roy Williams WR
5(37) - Larry Fitzgerald WR
6(44) - Marc Bulger QB
7(53) - Todd Heap TE
8(60) - Cadillac Williams RB
9(69) - Tony Romo QB
10(76) - DeAngelo Williams RB
11(85) - Chargers DST
12(92) - Matt Jones WR
13(101) - Anthony Gonzalez WR
14(108) - DeShaun Foster RB
15(117) - David Akers K

Overall, I like my team. My RB's are extremely deep with a front three of Addai, Bush, and McGahee backed by Cadillac and the CAR duo of Foster/Williams. I was happy to get a top QB in Bulger and a solid backup in Romo, as well as a top-5 TE in Heap. My only reservations are with my WR's. I like Williams and Fitzgerald quite a bit, but both have shown inconsistency at times and are hard to project as true #1 options week in and week out. I have no clear #3 at this point, so if one of them goes down, I might be looking at a black hole in my lineup for a few matchups.

Thoughts?

11th round for the Chargers' D is basically criminal. I know it's only an 8-team league, but your team is stacked. 3 top of the line RB's is awesome. :thumbup:

Degenerate39
09-21-2007, 06:29 PM
My Redszone draft

QB Brett Favre
WR Steve Smith
WR Chad Johnson
RB Jerious Norwood
RB LaMont Jordan
TE Owen Daniels
W/T Donald Driver
W/R Jerricho Cotchery
BN Anthony Thomas
BN Mike Furrey
BN JaMarcus Russell
BN Eric Parker
K Neil Rackers
DEF San Diego

RedEye
09-25-2007, 11:50 PM
You are straight-up loaded at WR and Favre looks like he's back to top-5 QB status, but I worry about your RB situation. Jordan is decent, but I don't think either Falcons RB will be as effective without Vick to distract the defense on every play.

FWIW, I had the honor of teaching Owen Daniels in a class while I was studying at Wisconsin. Very nice, humble guy. I'm really glad to see him succeeding in the NFL. Not a bad fantasy TE either.