08-15-2007, 12:21 AM
What site?

dougdirt
08-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Nevermind.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_111562.asp

dougdirt
08-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I get Perez to AA. I don't however get Cueto back to AA. I am sure they didn't want to rush him to AAA as fast as they did due to promotions to the majors and all..... but how can you send him down when all he did was put up great numbers, albeit in 3 starts.

11larkin11
08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I also don't understand this. He dominated, why not let him continue. I fear he might blow it again like he did in Sarasota when he knew he should be in AA, now knowing he should be in AAA.

dougdirt
08-15-2007, 12:34 AM
The only thing I can figure is that they needed to make room in the rotation for Belisle? Homer is coming back soon? I have no idea.

11larkin11
08-15-2007, 12:35 AM
My answer? They're the Reds.

dougdirt
08-15-2007, 12:35 AM
My answer? They're the Reds.

ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner!

reds44
08-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Huh?

camisadelgolf
08-15-2007, 12:54 AM
I think Bailey and Belisle going to Louisville is a factor. One thing I've thought about is that Cueto is throwing a career high in innings. Maybe it's not so much of a big deal if he throws three-inning outings in AA as opposed to AAA. Or maybe they sent Cueto down to help Chattanooga for the stretch run and get the Lookouts into the playoffs.

GoReds33
08-15-2007, 12:56 AM
I think they might be getting Perez ready to be a September callup. If Ross's injury is more than the 15 days, he may be up here to take over for Jorgensen. I am a giant Perez fan. I see him as a David Ross type hitter, with less power. I forget who I heard it from, but I remember him being mentioned as a Yadier Molina type. If any of you have seen him I would like to know you're impressions of him.

TOBTTReds
08-15-2007, 01:33 AM
I forget who I heard it from, but I remember him being mentioned as a Yadier Molina type. If any of you have seen him I would like to know you're impressions of him.

I know I've compared them a lot. Don't know if he will ever hit though.

He catches like he has pillows on his hands. He smothers balls in the dirt, and nails runners from a knee. Honestly though, the last time I saw him he was still a boy almost, in Dayton.

Seems to have a great personality too. Always smiling, waves to fans that yell to him, and overall would be a good clubhouse guy.

Don't know what has changed since then, but he does have great hands, and chances are he isn't losing them.

A scout from the Cardinals told me he thought he was ready for the bigs defensively.

Muggerd
08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Im going to bet that its because of just not enough roster spots

remdog
08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I know I've compared them a lot. Don't know if he will ever hit though.

He catches like he has pillows on his hands. He smothers balls in the dirt, and nails runners from a knee. Honestly though, the last time I saw him he was still a boy almost, in Dayton.

Seems to have a great personality too. Always smiling, waves to fans that yell to him, and overall would be a good clubhouse guy.

Don't know what has changed since then, but he does have great hands, and chances are he isn't losing them.

A scout from the Cardinals told me he thought he was ready for the bigs defensively.

Sounds just like Dane Sardinha, part two.

Rem

REDSEER
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I like the Perez part, he seems to be progressing nicely this year after recovering from surgery. Maybe he's being groomed to be our 3rd catcher in September again?

As far as Cueto, I don't like the move. He has shown that AA is too low for him, and AAA is the right challenge. Maybe they've seen something that I can't see in statistics, but I just don't get this move.

Kc61
08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Bailey and Belisle going to Louisville is a factor. One thing I've thought about is that Cueto is throwing a career high in innings. Maybe it's not so much of a big deal if he throws three-inning outings in AA as opposed to AAA. Or maybe they sent Cueto down to help Chattanooga for the stretch run and get the Lookouts into the playoffs.

This sounds right to me. Three weeks left in minor league season, they probably want him to go through the AA stretch drive and maybe playoffs. Not that big a deal, but hopefully he starts next year at AAA and not lower.

GoReds33
08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
I like the Perez part, he seems to be progressing nicely this year after recovering from surgery. Maybe he's being groomed to be our 3rd catcher in September again?

As far as Cueto, I don't like the move. He has shown that AA is too low for him, and AAA is the right challenge. Maybe they've seen something that I can't see in statistics, but I just don't get this move.I think you are right on Perez being a September callup. As for Cueto. I think this may be Krivsky trying to use the one more level speach again. If he finishes the year at AA then Krivsky is giving him as much of a shot at making the team in the Spring as he did Bailey in this Spring training.

BRM
08-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Per C. Trent

Here's the explanation on Cueto:

He was sent to Double-A Chattanooga. I was told he had to be on their roster by today in order to be eligible to pitch in their playoffs should they make it.

GoReds33
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Looks like the Reds are grooming the pitchers to be winners. Thats a step.

Muggerd
08-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks like the Reds are grooming the pitchers to be winners. Thats a step.

need to learn how to lose

Mario-Rijo
08-15-2007, 10:26 PM
need to learn how to lose

They will when they come up in September! :rolleyes:

Muggerd
08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
They will when they come up in September! :rolleyes:

I cant wait!