PDA

View Full Version : Could Cueto be Saturday's starter?

AmarilloRed
08-16-2007, 01:18 AM
On Reds.com under the Reds notes section under Griffey, it talks about how Cueto has been discussed as a possible starter Saturday. Mackanin seemed to discourage the notion, but with Santos' bad outing tonight, it is clear he will not be the starter Saturday. I still believe Belisle or Ramirez is more like to be the starter, but I was surprised it is even being discussed. Still, after tonight it seems obvious Santos and Dumatrait should not be long for the Reds, and somebody will have to take their roster spots.

Muggerd
08-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Lizard King

uoduck1017
08-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I really see no purpose in Johnny Cueto pitching for the Reds until he has a spot in the rotation. Also, with Homer's struggles, the Reds are probably a little hesitant to call up a promising young starting pitcher who looks to play a major role in the club's future.

Degenerate39
08-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Lizard King

I think he's the best option other than Cueto whose in Double A right now.

GoReds33
08-16-2007, 02:48 AM
I think it will end up being Sarrloos. That wouldn't be my pick, its just what I think managment will do. If I had my pick it would be EZ or Cueto. EZ was probably the most underrated player on last years team. When I talk to people, they don't realize how many good solid starts he had. He really impressed me.

SMcGavin
08-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Bring on the Lizard.

bigredbunter
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I really see no purpose in Johnny Cueto pitching for the Reds until he has a spot in the rotation. Also, with Homer's struggles, the Reds are probably a little hesitant to call up a promising young starting pitcher who looks to play a major role in the club's future.

word up. I hope the Lizard gets a shot.

captainmorgan07
08-16-2007, 11:37 AM
my pick is the lizard. But it all depends on if he's pitched lately or who's scheduled day it is to start in lousville. I wouldn't mind seeing shearn just aslong as it's not captain kirk.

AmarilloRed
08-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Since this is related to Saturday's starter I heard on the game thread that the starter will be Mike Gosling. It seems he will be another AAAA starter; a 5-3 record with a 3.00 era in Louisville, a 1-0 record with a 4.50 era in 16 games on the big club. This is what concerns me:27 hits in 22 innings and a .318 BA allowed. I am expecting another game like Wednesday this Saturday.

Chi-Town Red
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Lizard all around