PDA

View Full Version : Which Set of Prospects Would You Rather Have?

camisadelgolf
08-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Below is a list of the rookies the Reds have gained/lost during Wayne Krivsky's tenure (not including Minor League free agents). Obviously, some of them are no longer rookies, but they were at the times of the transactions. Based on Major League statistics, the Reds, have clearly gotten the better end of Wayne Krivsky's trades (thanks to Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo, etc.). However, what I'm wondering is if the Reds have gotten the better end of the deals on the Minor League side, as well.

PROSPECTS ACQUIRED THROUGH RULE 5, TRADE, AND WAIVERS
1. Bill Bray
2. Jared Burton
3. Jon Coutlangus
4. Shaun Cumberland
5. Jerry Gil
6. Ben Jukich
7. Bobby Livingston
8. Pedro Lopez
9. Marcus McBeth
10. Matt Maloney
11. Robert Manuel
12. Alex Smit
13. Daryl Thompson

PROSPECTS DEPARTED THROUGH RULE 5, TRADE, AND WAIVERS
1. Bobby Basham
2. Travis Chick
3. Kyle Edens
4. Justin Germano
5. Russ Haltiwanger
6. Brendan Harris
7. Brad Key
8. Ben Kozlowski
9. Travis Lawhorn
10. Calvin Medlock
11. Javon Moran
12. Brandon Roberts
13. Cody Ross
14. David Shafer
15. Jeff Stevens
16. Zac Stott
17. Zach Ward
18. Brandon Watson
19. Abe Woody

Degenerate39
08-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I have to go with the first list. Bray, Burton, Coutlangus, and possibly McBeth will help the bullpen out when they've all matured. I like Livingston in the rotation but chances are he won't be there in the future. Mat Maloney is becoming a pleasant surprise and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Majors. I liked Lopez I thought he would be a good bench player and then he got hit in the face.

Highlifeman21
08-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Off the top of my head, Germano, Harris and Ross would be the only 3 I somewhat miss.

Keppinger = Harris, so we're fine there.

Ross > Hopper, so that one doesn't work for us.

Germano > Livingston (only guy I saw that is in a similar P role), so we lost that one as well.

Based on this quick math/logic, we possibly came out ahead based on the collective sum of Bray, Burton, Coutlangus and McBeth > Germano, Ross and Harris.

PuffyPig
08-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd take Bray or Burton over having every player on the other list.

It's not even close.