PDA

View Full Version : The Elizardo Ramirez Thread

AmarilloRed
08-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Since he is now a Reds starter, I thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Lizard. We can discuss him , his performances and his prospects to be a starter or reliever in Cincinnati. I will be watching his start tonight, and I hope he does well.

Muggerd
08-18-2007, 06:28 PM
He has to pitch well tonight because we used our best 3 arms last night to seal a 8-3 win

Chi-Town Red
08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I hope he does well of course, just throw strikes.

texasdave
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
He has to pitch well tonight because we used our best 3 arms last night to seal a 8-3 win

Did anyone else find it curious that they brought in Weathers to pitch the ninth with a five-run lead? Dunn's homer to up the lead to five came with just one out. Was it a case of not having enough time to get someone else ready?

Degenerate39
08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Did anyone else find it curious that they brought in Weathers to pitch the ninth with a five-run lead? Dunn's homer to up the lead to five came with just one out. Was it a case of not having enough time to get someone else ready?

I would've left Burton in

AmarilloRed
08-18-2007, 08:44 PM
5 innings, 3 earned runs so far. 1 inning short of a quality start. He has done well, he just had no offensive support. His night is done. 5 IP, 5 hits, 3 earned runs, 0 walks, 1 strikeout. I question pinch-hitting for him. He had only thrown 65 pitches in 5 innings, and he loked to be fairly effective. He probably could have gone several more innings, and I fear our bullpen is pitching too many innings. However we had been scoreless up to the 6th, and that might have been a factor

Muggerd
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM
He pitched well and of course Pete cant wait to bring in the gas cans to make it out of reach for us. Great use of the bullpen pete.

mound_patrol
08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Can we stop using every other day eddie already. Hes shown he sucks.

Degenerate39
08-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Can we stop using every other day eddie already. Hes shown he sucks.

And stanton

AmarilloRed
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I believe the pivotal mistake tonight was pinch-hitting for Ramirez in the 6th. I believe after 65 pitches at the end of 5, Ramirez could have gone another 2 or 3 innings. I am really going to be interested to hear Pete defend his decision tonight. Pinch-hitting for an effective starter tonight was Narronesque.

Muggerd
08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
I believe the pivotal mistake tonight was pinch-hitting for Ramirez in the 6th. I believe after 65 pitches at the end of 5, Ramirez could have gone another 2 or 3 innings. I am really going to be interested to hear Pete defend his decision tonight. Pinch-hitting for an effective starter tonight was Narronesque.

Lets not mention that he wont start hamilton against lefties but has no problem having him bat against one with the bases loaded :dunno:

Slyder
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM

That situation though down 3-1 Runners on 1st and 2nd. I dont know if you leave a lot of pitchers (short of Rick Ankiel or Micah Ownings with the bat) in. If Bellhorn or Hamilton does something we are right back in the game.

Granted the screwed up use of the pen came after that I can't really argue against/for this move. Its just one that if Bellhorn comes up and hits a double to the gap scoring 2 runs then Mackanin looks like a genious, Bellhorn K's and Mackanin looks like a fool. At that point I dunno if I doubt him for that. Leaving Elizardo probalby kills any chance of a rally at that time.

The fact that Stanton was anywhere near the field after last night and Eddie was used for the third time in 4 days (both closer to 40) over practically anyone... shows why I hope Pete is back in scouting or whereever he was before this and we get a manager thats going to put the younger guys in a place to succeed rather than throw the old and almost out the door guys in games we could win.

Muggerd
08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
We do know for a fact that taking Elizardo out kills any chance the reds have of winning though. We do know that.

Jr's Boy
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
He probably could have gone several more innings, and I fear our bullpen is pitching too many innings.

The understatement of the year,sorry I had too.

AmarilloRed
08-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Elizardo is set to pitch Wednesday against the Dodgers. I am interested to see how he does in his second start.

Muggerd
08-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Elizardo is set to pitch Wednesday against the Dodgers. I am interested to see how he does in his second start.

You mean Thursday and against the braves

AmarilloRed
08-19-2007, 06:15 PM
You mean Thursday and against the braves

I had heard it was Wednesday. I stand corrected.

Muggerd
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I had heard it was Wednesday. I stand corrected.

arroyo is wednesday and they are done playing the dodgers :o

5TimeWSChamps
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
He couldn't pitch last year, he can't pitch this year, why is he still here?

I was at the game last year against STL when he gave up 8 in the first when we lost 15-1, since then, EZ has been awful. It's time to let him go, I don't care who we bring up from Louisville, or Chattanooga, or Dayton, I'm tired of seeing the Lizard come out here every 5th day and look like he has no idea what he's doing.

reds44
08-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Because there is nobody else.

And for the record, EZ pitched very well before imploding in August last year

AmarilloRed
Elizardo is having trouble tonight. 5 er in 5 innings. He was nibbling on the outside and missing his spots, and the Braves just tied it on a home run. He will need to do better in the future. His night is over. 4 1/3 IP, 5 hits, 5 runs, 4 walks, 1 strikeout, 2 hr given up, and his ERA is now risen to 6.35.

Screwball
He couldn't pitch last year, he can't pitch this year, why is he still here?

There are no better viable options in the minor league system.

SMcGavin
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Because there is nobody else.

And for the record, EZ pitched very well before imploding in August last year

Yes he did, people forget because of the way it ended, his FIP for 2006 was 4.58. And that includes the diaster that was his last start, so he was very good before then.

AccordinglyReds
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Every 5th day?

IIRC, he has only started one game this season, and appeared in a total of 2 games this season.

I still would like to give him one more start this year at least. Why not?

UPRedsFan
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
What about Maloney instead of EZ next time his turn comes up?

That's about the only other option unless Homer is healthy.

Degenerate39
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Who else are they suppose to bring up?