PDA

View Full Version : Nationals DFA Ryan Langerhans

RedLegSuperStar
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Washington Nationals -

WASHINGTON -- Following Saturday's 7-4 loss to the Mets, the Nationals designated outfielder Ryan Langerhans for assignment and reinstated reliever Jesus Colome from the 15-day disabled list.

Langerhans could never find a groove with the bat after he was acquired from the Athletics for outfielder Chris Snelling on May 2. Langerhans had a .182 batting average with five homers and 19 RBIs in 86 games for Washington.

Langerhans was platooning with Nook Logan in center field, but he ended up being on the bench once Logan got hot during the second half of the season.

"It has been a tough season for me," Langerhans said. "The Nationals believed in me when I was struggling early in the year. They traded for me, but I haven't been able to get into a groove. The second half has been a struggle. I haven't been doing well coming off the bench."

camisadelgolf
08-19-2007, 02:10 PM
He said all the right things. Kudos to him for that. If the Reds didn't have so many left-handers, I think he'd be a good reserve. With Dunn, Hamilton, and Griffey, there won't be room for him. I believe he's arbitration eligible this year.