PDA

View Full Version : The Bronx is Back

cincrazy
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Ok, it's almost the end of August. I'd like to see some predictions as to who's going to win it all.

I'm going to make a bit of a controversial pick: the New York Yankees. Joba Chamberlain has changed the outlook of that bullpen, the offense is incredible, and the starting rotation will be good enough to get by scuffling teams such as Boston, Detroit or Cleveland, and whoever they may face in the NL.

I really think that Chamberlain will have a K-Rod like impact on this year's playoffs, the guy is incredible. As much as it pains me to say this, ladies and gentlemen, your 2007 World Champion, New York Yankees.

oneupper
08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't see the controversy. Logically, I'd pick them, too. My heart...however, wishes for anyone but.

camisadelgolf
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I pick the Red Sox over the Mets in seven.

cincrazy
08-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Well with the way they started the year, and with their age in some key spots, I thought it'd illicit a few skeptical responses. But not only are they the hottest team, I feel that top to bottom, they're the best team.

Heath
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Not many people are looking west.

I would not be surprised at an Angels-Padres series.

The D-Backs negative-Pythag will doom them.

cincrazy
08-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see the Angels in it, I think they have the best shot of knocking off New York. But I'm not so sure about the Padres. I have a hard time believing how that team will generate any runs in the postseason against good pitching.