PDA

View Full Version : Jared Burton Live on Friday

writerdan33
08-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey all,

Catching up with JB again on my show here in Clemson (he is from just a few miles up the road).

He is scheduled to be on at 11:06 a.m. Catch it live at www.wccpfm.com. I'll also post a link to the archived version later on.

Interestingly enough, how's this for a mini-version of Jim Rome's Jungle Karma? Since I interviewed Jared on the field in Atlanta on July 16, he is:

3-0 in 18 appearances with a 1.80 ERA, 18 K and 9 BB (just 5 this month) in 20 innings work. He's only been scored on in three of those outings, for a total of four earned runs.

That's the answer, boys and girls. Line 'em up, I interview 'em, and we're off to the World Series in 2008.

Oh, if only it were that easy...:beerme:

cumberlandreds
08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey all,

Catching up with JB again on my show here in Clemson (he is from just a few miles up the road).

He is scheduled to be on at 11:06 a.m. Catch it live at www.wccpfm.com. I'll also post a link to the archived version later on.

Interestingly enough, how's this for a mini-version of Jim Rome's Jungle Karma? Since I interviewed Jared on the field in Atlanta on July 16, he is:

3-0 in 18 appearances with a 1.80 ERA, 18 K and 9 BB (just 5 this month) in 20 innings work. He's only been scored on in three of those outings, for a total of four earned runs.

That's the answer, boys and girls. Line 'em up, I interview 'em, and we're off to the World Series in 2008.

Oh, if only it were that easy...:beerme:

Can you interview some starting pitchers next? We could use a couple more good starters. ;)

redsfan4445
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi Dan.. Please ask Jared a couple of questions for me?

Since Pete has taken over the team, how has the bullpens approach changed among the guys in the pen? Is there a a better sense Pete knows what he is doing over Jerry Narrons past approach to handling the pen and there is a much better eagerness to not just pitch in games, but to go out and have a attitude that each guy now knows what needs to get accomplished when called upon???

thanks Dan!

RFS62
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi Dan.. Please ask Jared a couple of questions for me?

Since Pete has taken over the team, how has the bullpens approach changed among the guys in the pen? Is there a a better sense Pete knows what he is doing over Jerry Narrons past approach to handling the pen and there is a much better eagerness to not just pitch in games, but to go out and have a attitude that each guy now knows what needs to get accomplished when called upon???

thanks Dan!

To expand on that, I'd like to know if they feel they're not getting up and down so many times to warm up as they used to under Narron.

It's just my impression, maybe. But it seems to me that we're doing a lot better in that regard.

A lot of it goes with winning, but you can wear out a guy with the up and down warmups in the pen and it never shows as innings pitched.