PDA

View Full Version : One suggestion, if we are to keep Livingston and Dumatrait in the rotation

5TimeWSChamps
08-23-2007, 09:04 PM
We HAVE to put Harang between them.

It's not fair to Livingston, who has the "honor" of pitching the day after Dumatrait. They are basically the same pitcher, a medium throwing left hander with the same basic set of pitches. It's not fair to Livingston to have to go out and face the Braves one day after Dumatrait gave up 8 runs in 2 innings. The Braves then got to see the exact same thing the next night, which is part of the reason that Bobby struggled methinks.

Either that or I'm just way off ;)

AmarilloRed
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Dumatrait is not in the rotation. He was just sent down to Louisville

Screwball
08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I really don't think Bobby Liv's recent struggles had much to do with following Dumatrait anyway. B-Liv has been living on the edge in just about every game he's pitched in the majors. Eventually, all those baserunners he was previously managing to strand were going to come across, and we're seeing that now.

Redsnake
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
We HAVE to put Harang between them.

It's not fair to Livingston, who has the "honor" of pitching the day after Dumatrait. They are basically the same pitcher, a medium throwing left hander with the same basic set of pitches. It's not fair to Livingston to have to go out and face the Braves one day after Dumatrait gave up 8 runs in 2 innings. The Braves then got to see the exact same thing the next night, which is part of the reason that Bobby struggled methinks.

Either that or I'm just way off ;)

I wouldn't say you're way off just 3 days late. :)