Keppinger 6
Griffey 9
Phillips 4
Cantu 3
Encarnacion 5
Valentin 2
Ellison 7
Harang 1

Dunn hits a walk off and gets benched. Awesome.
Javy playing vs. a lefty.
Cantu batting 5th.

reds44
08-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok, Dunn is 0-10 with 5 Ks against the D-Train.

Why not Kep in LF and Gonzo at SS?

TC81190
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM

Because, damnit, that makes sense. Get with the program, now, son.

BLEEDS
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Looks like you beat me to it. Dunn v Willis is NOT a pretty sight... I see Josh Hamilton isn't in the lineup either...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Blue
08-24-2007, 04:03 PM
There's also no Josh Hamilton in that lineup. He takes out two guys with an OPS of .930+ and replaces them with Hopper and Ellison.

I will offer no complaint of who the Reds hire as permanent manager, as long as that man is not Petey Mac.

TC81190
08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
There's also no Josh Hamilton in that lineup. He takes out two guys with an OPS of .930+ and replaces them with Hopper and Ellison.

I will offer no complaint of who the Reds hire as permanent manager, as long as that man is not Petey Mac.

Dunn is 0-10 with 5 Ks. D-Train would probably do likewise with Ham. I have no qualms with sitting either tonight.

jimbo
08-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Pete has said he would wait until Gonzo told him he was ready, maybe that hasn't happened yet.

UC_Ken
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Dunn is 0-10 with 5 Ks. D-Train would probably do likewise with Ham. I have no qualms with sitting either tonight.

Dontrelle may have had Dunn's number in the past but he's certainly not throwing as well as he has in the past. I would have given Dunn a shot.

Degenerate39
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm glad I wont be home to see this game. God bless High School football

Vada Pinson Fan
08-24-2007, 04:21 PM
At the very least, Dontrelle Willis has a sore/tired arm. Dunn and Hamilton need to play tonight.

BLEEDS
08-24-2007, 04:25 PM
At the very least, Dontrelle Willis has a sore/tired arm. Dunn and Hamilton need to play tonight.

Come on, you don't want to see the FUTURE of the Reds OF - "Slappy" Norris Hopper and Jason "One-Eleven" Ellison??

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Degenerate39
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Come on, you don't want to see the FUTURE of the Reds OF - "Slappy" Norris Hopper and Jason "One-Eleven" Ellison??

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Should see a lot of bunts tonight by those two

durl
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I see no problem with resting Dunn tonight. He's hardly had a break all year.

You could say that Dunn should be in the lineup against Willis since Willis is having a sub-par year, but that could also be a good reason to start Ellison. The Reds may not need a lot of power in the lineup tonight.

Also, the Reds will have Dunn and Hamilton available to pinch-hit late in the game when Willis is likely to be out.

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
There is no reason to sit 2 of our starting OF ever.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
everyone sits once in a while, including Dunn and Josh, and AG is not ready, period.

DeadRedinCT
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
In the past, whenever a "Sunday special" lineup was posted and Redszone went batty over it, that lineup usually out-performed expectations.

Of course now that I posted this, I've jinxed the Reds.

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 05:48 PM
everyone sits once in a while, including Dunn and Josh, and AG is not ready, period.

You cant sit 2 of our starting OF on the same night. Norris hopper can fill in for 1 but ellison deserves 0 ABs

DeadRedinCT
08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
You cant sit 2 of our starting OF on the same night. Norris hopper can fill in for 1 but ellison deserves 0 ABs

See... now you've done it. Because of your post, Ellison is getting three hits tonight (including a triple).

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 05:51 PM
See... now you've done it. Because of your post, Ellison is getting three hits tonight (including a triple).

Its normally how it works :bowrofl:

steig
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Because, damnit, that makes sense. Get with the program, now, son.

:clap:

jlb1705
08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Jason Ellison: the Juan Castro of outfielders. At least he's not batting fourth.

I don't mind Dunn not starting. I think Hamilton should be getting ABs against lefties though. I know he's been less than stellar, so he needs to see pitches and pitchers and make adjustments to his game.

Degenerate39
08-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Jason Ellison: the Juan Castro of outfielders. At least he's not batting fourth.

I don't mind Dunn not starting. I think Hamilton should be getting ABs against lefties though. I know he's been less than stellar, so he needs to see pitches and pitchers and make adjustments to his game.

It's only a matter of time before he bats 4th and pinch hits for Ham

GoReds33
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
I think there is nothing wrong with putting Cantu fifth. Remember, we are playing a lefty. This team needs to find a lineup that works against lefties. Maybe this one will work.

Slyder
08-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I can understand "resting" one outfielder in a given night (especially with how Hopper has played this season) but if AGon isn't ready you need to keep at least 2 of your starting OFs out there to give the lineup a power threat. Plus Jason Ellison has no business being anywhere near the on deck circle let alone in the batters box.

If Dunn and Hamilton needed nights off and Gonzo wasnt ready then give either one a day off today and the other gets tomorrow off and is ready for the Day Game in the series finally followed by an off day. Jason Ellison should NEVER start unless every person on the bench comes down with food poisoning the morning before a game. Olsen (guessing at who starts tomorrow for Florida) is another lefty, granted a less than stellar lefty.

DeadRedinCT
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
See - the Reds didn't need Dunn or Hamilton today. :cool:

[/ducks]

DntKnw
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
The "Sunday Special" (almost all righty) lineup went 9-27 with 5 runs scored and 5 extra base hits. (Of course, Hopper, Ellison and Cantu went a combined 1-10 but whose complaining?) Willis tends to make left-handed hitters like Dunn, Hamilton, & Hatteberg look silly. The lineup may have looked AAA on paper but it worked. Reds win!

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
The "Sunday Special" (almost all righty) lineup went 9-27 with 5 runs scored and 5 extra base hits. (Of course, Hopper, Ellison and Cantu went a combined 1-10 but whose complaining?) Willis tends to make left-handed hitters like Dunn, Hamilton, & Hatteberg look silly. The lineup may have looked AAA on paper but it worked. Reds win!

hey cantu scored :dunno:

Vada Pinson Fan
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Hi Bleeds,

LOL, No, I didn't want to see Jason Ellison tonight but I saw the lefty/righty split Dontrelle Willis has on hitters this year and immediately understood Mackanin's reasoning. The game turned out in the Reds favor (5-3)...Yeah baby.... so, it turns out a one game rest for Adam dunn and Josh Hamilton worked out for the best. Let's give Pete Mackanin props and Pat Kelly too!!! Their decisions are great so far. "Slappy" Hopper didn't quite get it done this evening but man, oh man, was Brandon Phillips a FORCE tonight (almost every night), or what? Might have to change my monicker to Brandon Phillips Fan. No. Can't do it.

Reds MVP for 2007-
Tie- Aaron Harang & Brandon Phillips.
Just a whisker behind- Adam Dunn & David Weathers.

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
To everyone who complained and ridiculed Mackanin for tonight's lineup.

SUCK IT.

Reds win 4th in a row. Glad he doesn't listen to you fools.

uhhh its not like the guys he played in place of Dunn, and hamilton did anything :dunno:

Vada Pinson Fan
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
uhhh its not like the guys he played in place of Dunn, and hamilton did anything :dunno:

I'm just glad they didn't have to. I thought Willis threw better than the self-proclaimed sore armed pitcher, previously, would have had us believe.

Let's look at it this way, No harm done by not playing Dunn and/or Hamilton tonight. I thought prior to the game that PM was cutting the offensive potential a little too close for my liking, but it worked! Who am I to argue with his (Pete Mackanin's) success. All systems go!

Degenerate39
08-24-2007, 11:20 PM
To everyone who complained and ridiculed Mackanin for tonight's lineup.

SUCK IT.

Reds win 4th in a row. Glad he doesn't listen to you fools.

Mr. Mature I see. The two did go a combined 0-7 tonight with a K and 3 left on base.

Muggerd
08-24-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm just glad they didn't have to. I thought Willis threw better than the self-proclaimed sore armed pitcher, previously, would have had us believe.

Let's look at it this way, No harm done by not playing Dunn and/or Hamilton tonight. I thought prior to the game that PM was cutting the offensive potential a little too close for my liking, but it worked! Who am I to argue with his (Pete Mackanin's) success. All systems go!

Yea no harm done but you still cant not sit 2 starters in your OF in the same night. Especially when Jason Ellison is your replacement for the 2nd guy.

AmarilloRed
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I would not have had Ellison starting. That is the only problem I have with the lineup. Hopper hits well against lefties, and I think Mackaniin likes Keppinger at short.

Maldez
08-25-2007, 01:47 AM
There's also no Josh Hamilton in that lineup. He takes out two guys with an OPS of .930+ and replaces them with Hopper and Ellison....

Ya think maybe it has something to do with wanting to stock the lineup with righties against a very tough leftie? Probably not.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 06:29 AM

Come on Mugs, are you ever satisfied?

ChatterRed
08-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Mr. Mature I see. The two did go a combined 0-7 tonight with a K and 3 left on base.

Well, don't worry......I'll be gone soon.....seeing how the trigger happy mods went and deleted my post and gave me another warning for using that horrible word "suck".

That is both unbelievable and hilarious. Since when did the word "suck" become a bad word.

I'm aware of the bad words starting with "f,s,d,h, etc." but was never told that suck was a bad word.

Let's see: Bob Wickman has sucked the life out of the Braves by being a cancer.

Is that a bad word in that context? Usually a bad word is a bad word no matter HOW IT IS USED.

I'm still in shock.

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Come on Mugs, are you ever satisfied?

:confused:

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, don't worry......I'll be gone soon.....seeing how the trigger happy mods went and deleted my post and gave me another warning for using that horrible word "suck".

That is both unbelievable and hilarious. Since when did the word "suck" become a bad word.

I'm aware of the bad words starting with "f,s,d,h, etc." but was never told that suck was a bad word.

Let's see: Bob Wickman has sucked the life out of the Braves by being a cancer.

Is that a bad word in that context? Usually a bad word is a bad word no matter HOW IT IS USED.

I'm still in shock.

The mods are trigger happy and people report everything here but Id imagine it was reported because it was rude and immature.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 10:45 AM
also, using the "S" word in that context was inappropriate.

Jr's Boy
08-25-2007, 11:24 AM
You do have to give Ellison props last night for his catch and hard throw to third to keep the runner at second when the fish were attempting a rally in the eighth.He could have just threw the ball to second and let the runner advance,but he gave some effort and stopped him from advancing.I actually let out a cheer for Ellison after that play.

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 11:28 AM
You do have to give Ellison props last night for his catch and hard throw to third to keep the runner at second when the fish were attempting a rally in the eighth.He could have just threw the ball to second and let the runner advance,but he gave some effort and stopped him from advancing.I actually let out a cheer for Ellison after that play.

That was a heads up play in the eighth Jr. However, he was weak at the plate and might have only one more chance to audition.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-25-2007, 12:09 PM

Glad to see you pointthat out.. but when Dunn does the same thing, only 2 more k's.. you say.. well he has the potential to have a game with 2 homers..

Small ball wins games too, and until the reds fans as a whole realize this, we will have no chance of having a meaningful conversation about redsbaseball..

Degenerate39
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Glad to see you pointthat out.. but when Dunn does the same thing, only 2 more k's.. you say.. well he has the potential to have a game with 2 homers..

Small ball wins games too, and until the reds fans as a whole realize this, we will have no chance of having a meaningful conversation about redsbaseball..

That's more potential than Ellison has in his whole body

DTCromer
08-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Who cares anymore? People just need something to complain about. God forbid Adam Dunn doesn't start .6% of the games in a baseball season.

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Its not so much small ball its just having a line up full of no guys hitting for average. Now that we have Keppinger doing pretty well and Hamilton, Phillips and Valentin not afraid to hit a ball the opposite way and take the hit, it doesnt make us so dependent of our power guys hitting homers every night.

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Who cares anymore? People just need something to complain about. God forbid Adam Dunn doesn't start .6% of the games in a baseball season.

Its not about Dunn not starting its about both Hamilton and Dunn not starting. 1 sitting out is fine but 2 takes a large part of our line up away even if it 2 guys having awful years against lefties.

Degenerate39
08-25-2007, 12:19 PM

I don't care if Dunn doesn't start a game once in a while but I don't think it's a good idea to sit him AND Hamilton. Two guys who mean alot to the offense.

DTCromer
08-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Its not about Dunn not starting its about both Hamilton and Dunn not starting. 1 sitting out is fine but 2 takes a large part of our line up away even if it 2 guys having awful years against lefties.

Am I missing something? Didn't we score 5 runs? If we score 5 runs on a night Aaron pitches, we're going to win 80% of the time. Please, stop complaining.

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Am I missing something? Didn't we score 5 runs? If we score 5 runs on a night Aaron pitches, we're going to win 80% of the time. Please, stop complaining.

So we shouldn't complain about the 2 guys they started in place of our starters doing nothing offensively and you think they helped us score 5 runs?

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
So we shouldn't complain about the 2 guys they started in place of our starters doing nothing offensively and you think they helped us score 5 runs?

There you go again, Mugs, complaining about a win.

Ellison may have prevented a run in the 8th with that heads up catch and throw to third. We will never know will we?

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 12:40 PM
In case anyone was wondering, Coffey is back in the minors today.

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
There you go again, Mugs, complaining about a win.

Ellison may have prevented a run in the 8th with that heads up catch and throw to third. We will never know will we?

I was complaining about the line up, not the win...

Am I only allowed to point out things when we lose?

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:42 PM

:bowrofl: he had to know it was only a 1 day thing

ThirdBaseCoach
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
had to "protect" the pen. don't need him today.

Degenerate39
08-25-2007, 12:45 PM

Did they send him down already?

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
had to "protect" the pen. don't need him today.

hopefully

ChatterRed
08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
There sure are alot of rude and immature posts on here. I need to start reporting people.