PDA

View Full Version : Saturday August 25th minor league updates

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Homer Bailey is pitching for Sarasota tonight.

mth123
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Homers first inning. K, 3B, 2B, 2B, GO, K. 2 Runs.

Kc61
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Great outing for Lotzkar at GCL today. 4 innings, one unearned run, 6Ks, 0BBs. Undoubtedly his last outing since GCL season about to close. Wonder if he'll be at Dayton next year or Billings.

ochoa30
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM

I'll chalk that up to rust. 2 k's and no walks is good though.

Screwball
08-25-2007, 07:43 PM

He's pouting. :evil:

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Nice to see that from Lotzkar. He finishes with 24 strikeouts in 21 innings. Lotzkar has great stuff, top of the line stuff, however, his command at this point is still very raw. If he puts it together then the Reds picked up a steal in the supplemental round.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Joey Votto hit a HR for Louisville.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Joey Votto just smacked a solo HR, his 22nd of the season which ties his career high set last year at Chattanooga.

Reds minor league HR leaders:

1. Jay Bruce (24)
2. Juan Francisco (23)
3. Joey Votto (22)

Screwball
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Joey Votto hit a HR for Louisville.

Dude's catching fire with the Sept. call-ups right around the corner.

mth123
08-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Baileys 2nd.

LO, 2B, 1B, FO, BB, FO. Another run.

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Bailey's getting shelled.

mth123
08-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Bailey's getting shelled.

Yeah. A 3B, 3 Doubles, a single, and a walk in 2 innings. 2Ks.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 07:54 PM
First time he has pitched in a month. Thats bound to happen. Lets also wonder if he is just throwing lots of fastballs (more than normal) just to get his arm back.

Matt700wlw
08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
First time he has pitched in a month. Thats bound to happen. Lets also wonder if he is just throwing lots of fastballs (more than normal) just to get his arm back.

That's not a good reason....

For some people, anyway.

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM

When Hughes came back from his groin, he didn't have that much of a problem. He threw 2 hittless innings in high A. Dominated in 7 innings in AA his next start.

Why I hate to say it, Bailey is pitching like he is damaged goods. Yellow is flashing.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:00 PM
That's not a good reason....

For some people, anyway.

Lol thats ok, as long as Homer doesn't hurt his arm this season, I could care less about his results from this point forward.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
When Hughes came back from his groin, he didn't have that much of a problem. He threw 2 hittless innings in high A. Dominated in 7 innings in AA his next start.

Why I hate to say it, Bailey is pitching like he is damaged goods. Yellow is flashing.

And I am sure at some other point somewhere a stud came back and got destroyed. Then went on to be fine. Its hilarious that a game you can't see, nor can hear anyone talk about is flashing signs of an injury.

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
And I am sure at some other point somewhere a stud came back and got destroyed. Then went on to be fine. Its hilarious that a game you can't see, nor can hear anyone talk about is flashing signs of an injury.

Doug, it is what it is. I am not saying Bailey is badly injured, but something is not right.

Like you, I rejected the tendency to believe Bailey was injured earlier in the season due to he was still hitting up toward 96-97 on some pitches.

But that isn't the early sign of shoulder problems. It is the flat stuff and lack of command. This is troubling. He shouldn't be having this kind of problem and argueably his entire season should have been MUCH better.

I would completely shut him down and give his arm a complete look over to find any structural damage is present.

Something is causing that flatter stuff.

mth123
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
3rd.

Pop Out, HR, BB, K, K

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Something isn't right.... he hasnt pitched ina game in over a month.

As for flat stuff and lack of command, I go with him being inconsistant. When I got to see him pitch every 5 days, he was still throwing some real good pitches at times, he just was inconsistant.

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Something isn't right.... he hasnt pitched ina game in over a month.

As for flat stuff and lack of command, I go with him being inconsistant. When I got to see him pitch every 5 days, he was still throwing some real good pitches at times, he just was inconsistant.

Much more inconsistant than last year. That is the problem. He can k down Sarasota hitters throwing 94-95. That isn't that hard. But to get turned on at will by them is disturbing and indicates his ball is flatter.

Why would Bailey's command take such a SHARP downturn after making good progress in that area last year?

It is troubling.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Becuase he was facing much more professional hitters this year who weren't chasing border pitches like the year before?

Also, I highly doubt you saw him pitch at all last year, so you probably have no clue how 'flat' his pitches were last year.

Has he failed to live up to expectations this year? Probably so. Does it mean that he has some injury? Not at all. Bailey has shown to be a slow starter every year he has played professional baseball. I don't find it strange at all that after a long layoff he isn't at the top of his game.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Louisville is trailing 3-2 in the 8th.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Danny Dorn just hit his 7th HR in Chattanooga who leads 4-1 in the 3rd. Dorn is 1-1 with a walk. He has 7 HR in 63 AA at bats.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Dayton takes a 2-1 lead. Drew Stubbs singled and scored on a Carson Kainer single later in the inning.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sure Homer is just pouting.

SteelSD
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm sure Homer is just pouting.

It's either that or there's a Milo in the Sarasota dugout who's projecting bad vibes.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
It's either that or there's a Milo in the Sarasota dugout who's projecting bad vibes.

:bowrofl:

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
James Avery gave up a 3 run HR to allow Tennessee to tie the game at 4 in the 3rd.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Travis Webb has allowed an unearned run for Dayton in 4 innings. 2 Hits, 2 walks, 6 strikeouts.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Just curious but does Todd Coffey pout when he gets PROMOTED to Cincinnati? Because his ERA is much better in Louisville than in Cincinnati. Sure signs that he is pouting while with the major league team. Todd threw a wrench in the fire to confuse us. Cueto and Bailey pouted when they were demoted (according to some posters), so Todd mixed it up and pouted when he got promoted.

:D

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Bailey completely crushed in the pitching friendly Florida League wow!!! I wonder if he pitches anymore this year?

Matt700wlw
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Bailey completely crushed in the pitching friendly Florida League wow!!! I wonder if he pitches anymore this year?

If it's done just to irritate you beyond belief, I sure hope so.

:cool:

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Aronchis, I honestly wonder sometimes if you just try to get people to bite at your comments.

mth123
08-25-2007, 08:55 PM
4th.

3B, 1B, and Bailey is out. Smit in.

Aronchis
08-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Aronchis, I honestly wonder sometimes if you just try to get people to bite at your comments.

Doug, if you don't find Bailey troublesome and the importance he has to the Reds future, your in denial. This is very bad. The dark cloud just got a little darker.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM

Yep. That's all he does. He's did it the whole year and I'm glad I'm not the only who has picked up on it.

SteelSD
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Just curious but does Todd Coffey pout when he gets PROMOTED to Cincinnati? Because his ERA is much better in Louisville than in Cincinnati. Sure signs that he is pouting while with the major league team. Todd threw a wrench in the fire to confuse us. Cueto and Bailey pouted when they were demoted (according to some posters), so Todd mixed it up and pouted when he got promoted.

:D

No. Coffey just plays too many video games with Dunn. They connect with Kearns via the Playstation Network to play Madden 08 during games. I can tell because I see users "PouterEspresso", "StrikeoutKing", and "HateRFK" online right now.

Matt700wlw
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Doug, if you don't find Bailey troublesome and the importance he has to the Reds future, your in denial. This is very bad. The dark cloud just got a little darker.

The way you talk, he never had one anyway.

So what's it matter?

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM

Aronchis, if you put this much faith into a rehab outing after not pitching for over a month and think that this 1 outing has somehow changed the career of Homer Bailey you are just flat out crazy. If at the end of the day Homer's arm is healthy, then nothing at all has changed about his future with the Reds.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
No. Coffey just plays too many video games with Dunn. They connect with Kearns via the Playstation Network to play Madden 08 during games. I can tell because I see users "PouterEspresso", "StrikeoutKing", and "HateRFK" online right now.

Do you blame them? Have you played Madden 08 yet? If you have, then surely you understand where they are coming from.

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM

You're wrong about Dunn. Everyone knows he plays under the username of "KRISPY."

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Danny Dorn is 2-2 with a walk and a HR for Chattanooga who is still tied at 4.
Enrique Cruz is 2-3 with 2 doubles and 2 RBI.

Sarasota game has been suspended. Tonys Gutierrez had the Reds only 2 hits of the game.

Dayton leading 2-1 heading into the middle of 7.

SteelSD
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you blame them? Have you played Madden 08 yet? If you have, then surely you understand where they are coming from.

No, I haven't played Madden 08 yet. However, I'm pretty sure that Madden 07 explains Kearns 2007 season in Washington and Bailey's groing injury (the happy dance) this year. Madden also explains most of Dunn's strikeouts as he was thinking more about offensive alignments at the plate than anything else. And Coffey is just ticked off that offensive linemen who weigh less than he does are given high rankings.

It's obvious! ;)

Muggerd
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Yea god forbid the guy be rusty

OnBaseMachine
08-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Billings is winning 4-2 in the 5th inning.

Justin Reed is 2-for-3 with two singles. Frazier is 0-for-2 with a walk and Brandon Waring has homered in three atbats, his 12th HR of the year.

Jefferson24
08-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Hughes is a better pitcher. Homer may need another year or two to get to a major league level pitcher but I doubt he'll ever be better than average.

dougdirt
08-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Hughes is a better pitcher. Homer may need another year or two to get to a major league level pitcher but I doubt he'll ever be better than average.

Hughes is more polished, but he doesn't have the stuff Bailey does. Its that old polish vs stuff debate that has gone on forever. Time will tell.

KoryMac5
08-25-2007, 11:24 PM
I would take a wait and see approach on Homer with this game. First he is coming off an injury and hasn't pitched for a month so there is bound to be some rust. Secondly we don't know what the coaches down there have him working on. It could be he was told to throw different pitches other than FB, FB, FB. That being said if he gets shelled in his second start I would start to be a lil concerned.

Screwball
08-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Homer may need another year or two to get to a major league level pitcher but I doubt he'll ever be better than average.

Care to elaborate on why you think that?

Jefferson24
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Care to elaborate on why you think that?

Just a feeling. Hope I'm wrong though. There's a lot of guys throwing 95 in the majors but none of them are sucessful without two other good pitches. Bailey just doesn't seem to have enough control to throw anything but a fastball for a strike when he's behind in the count. Maybe in time that control will come.

Jefferson24
08-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Let me add this. Homer in my book may just end up being average but the Reds this year would of been thrilled with another average stater. It would have been an improvement over our 3,4,5 starters.

AmarilloRed
08-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Homer is coming off an injury. I expect he will have some bad starts,and I would hope he would be ready in spring training next year. I would hope he would use the rest of this year to get back in shape and work on his secondary pitches. With the current state of our rotation, if he shows anything at all in spring training he will have a spot in the rotation

REDblooded
08-26-2007, 01:16 AM
This has nothing to do with panic over this start, because there is none for me. I think the Reds should stick Homer in the pen for a while though. Seems to have worked well for Johan, and Billingsley.