PDA

View Full Version : Jorgensen down to Louisville, Ross back from DL

AmarilloRed
08-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Jorgensen optioned

The Reds optioned catcher Ryan Jorgensen to Class AAA Louisville, they will announce the corresponding move tomorrow. It will be David Ross.

posted by ctrosecrans at 10:27 PM

I saw this first on the ORG, but I thought I would re-post it here. It has been rumored for several days, but I suspect we will get official confirmation tomorrow. As you can see, this is from C. Trent Rosecrans.

NeilHamburger
08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Wonderful, with Gonzalez almost ready, and now Ross back 2/4 of the "outmakers" are back. Thank god Castro and Freel are done for the year, but I just can't wait for Gonzalez, Ross and then the pitcher to bat 7-9 again. And by can't wait I mean want to vomit. As with those as the bottom three, it essentially means you can pitch around the 6th hitter, as you get 3 free outs in the order.

AmarilloRed
08-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Ross will be back on the roster, but hopefully Pete knows how to look at a box score. If he does, we might see Valentin starting, or a more even split between Ross and Valentin.

redsfanfalcon
08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Have Ross catch Arroyo ONLY.

StrikeIndicator
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Well,
Here we go again. They move out a young gun who knows (and works very well with) the penpals and starters. Also to his credit he is not afraid to set up and call for inside pitches.

Here is something I would like everyone to watch for:
[B]Runner on 1st,
Right handed batter[B]
Look to see how many times Ross sets up outside to give himself an angle and open throw to catch the runner stealing.
More times than I have fingers this year I have watched this exact scenario and the result has been either a home run or a double, scoring the runner from 1st.
Ross will not set up inside with a baserunner on 1st to save his life and all the teams that play the Reds know this. Their hitters are sitting back waiting on that pitch. When the pitcher misses the spot, it is out of here. When he hits the spot, its a ball. A no win situation either way, unless you are looking at Ross's caught em stealing numbers. Yes they are good, but not that good when you see the damage that has been done to get there.

Ludwig Reds Fan
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Wonderful, with Gonzalez almost ready, and now Ross back 2/4 of the "outmakers" are back. Thank god Castro and Freel are done for the year, but I just can't wait for Gonzalez, Ross and then the pitcher to bat 7-9 again. And by can't wait I mean want to vomit. As with those as the bottom three, it essentially means you can pitch around the 6th hitter, as you get 3 free outs in the order.

I feel the same way. Having those 2 in the lineup is like only having 6 inning to bat with. Then we wonder why the offense struggles. Now we score 7 or 8 a night. That will usually give you a W, and it is hardly a coincidence.

AmarilloRed
08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I feel the same way. Having those 2 in the lineup is like only having 6 inning to bat with. Then we wonder why the offense struggles. Now we score 7 or 8 a night. That will usually give you a W, and it is hardly a coincidence.

Pete has not put Ross in the line-up yet. Let's worry about it when it happens. Hopefully Valentin will be starting most of the games down the stretch.

Boston Red
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Losing Jorgensen to add back Ross is a wash at worse. Based on his AAA numbers, Jorgensen's not going to give you much at the plate (Ross hits the occasional homerun as well as Jorgensen), and I think most people agree that Ross is a very good defensive catcher. Six of one, half dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned.

As long as the Reds are hanging around, there's no way Gonzalez is going to displace Encarnacion or Keppinger in the lineup on a regular basis unless Keppinger just goes totally cold. I don't think Pete Mac is an idiot.

Hey Meat
08-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Have Ross catch Arroyo ONLY.

Yep, I agree, that's how he started out last year and that's where he needs to stay.

Vada Pinson Fan
08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I liked having Ryan Jorgensen here while David Ross was recupperating. Very nice Grand Slam to put Tom Shearn in a comfort zone in Shearn's debut! Hurry back, Ryan!

Krawhitham
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Sure is great having Ross back

1AB 2 Outs

I hope he is moved some how in the off season, Ryan can back up Javy next season

AmarilloRed
08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Sure is great having Ross back

1AB 2 Outs

I hope he is moved some how in the off season, Ryan can back up Javy next season

The only way would be through a trade. Krivsky signed him to a 2- year deal in the off-season.