PDA

View Full Version : Pete on his future

nate
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
From CTR (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/08/redlegs-v-peglegs-828.asp):

Pete was also pretty interesting today on his future:

"Iíd like to think I have a good shot, under the circumstances. If youíre going to judge on wins and loses, Iíd certainly have to be considered."

"All interims aren't the same. Look at the way I do things and donít look at me because interims havenít worked out in the past. First-time managers havenít worked out in the past. Established managers havenít worked out everywhere theyíve gone. Donít build a case on that."

"Judge me on who I am and how Iím doing, and howís the team reacting, donít judge me because Iím an interim manager and so was the other guy and that didnít work out. When you hire a manager for any team, I donít know if you categorize guys as having managed five years or 10 years or interim or one year or never managed."

Pretty interesting and similar to some of the discussion we've had here.

KronoRed
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Does Pete read RZ? ;)

redsfan4445
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
good thing he didnt make that statement after managing a lousy Double Header!

WVRedsFan
08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I like MacKanin a lot and have to believe that some evil twin took over his mind and body tonight. Otherwise, the man doesn't deserve to coach my high school team.

That said, he'll soon (and I mean before the end of the season) get the usual 2-year contract from Krivsky. I imagine they're already typing up the contract.

cincrazy
08-29-2007, 01:57 AM
I like MacKanin a lot and have to believe that some evil twin took over his mind and body tonight. Otherwise, the man doesn't deserve to coach my high school team.

That said, he'll soon (and I mean before the end of the season) get the usual 2-year contract from Krivsky. I imagine they're already typing up the contract.

Even Sparky Anderson managed a bad game or two, believe it or not :)

Ron Madden
08-29-2007, 03:40 AM
The Cincinnati Reds would be better off if Mackanins future plays out elswhere. ;)

camisadelgolf
08-29-2007, 04:05 AM
I'd hire him for $2M over five years. By his fourth year, he'd be so successful that he'd threaten a holdout.