PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, how many times is Griffey going to do that?

reds44
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm not one to complain about somebody watching his homer, but can we at least make sure it is gone first? It seems like at least 3 times of year he watches one and it ends up a single.

Now he's not in scoring position and the DP is still in order.

:thumbdown

UC_Ken
08-28-2007, 08:15 PM
You'd figure if you hit 591 HR you'd know when one's gone.

reds44
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
BP singles, so it may end up not mattering. Hopefully we can come back and win this one!

reds44
08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
You'd figure if you hit 591 HR you'd know when one's gone.
I'm normally the last one that complains about this kind of thing, but this team is trying to climb back in a ballgame and more importantly a pennant race. Get your butt to 2nd.

reds44
08-28-2007, 08:21 PM
EE bails Junior out, so all is well.

Go Reds!

Ludwig Reds Fan
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Ken "Charlie Hustle" Griffey Jr.

texasdave
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Ken "I lead by example - even though I don't have a leadership clause in my contract" Griffey Jr.

ChatterRed
08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Ken "I'm a future Hall of Famer and you're not" Griffey Jr.

Muggerd
08-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Dont be negative guys. Its not nice.

redsfanmia
08-29-2007, 02:21 PM
The Reds need to get rid of Griffey and or Dunn to change the atmosphere in the clubhouse or they will not win anytime soon. The tone is set by these two guys and they are just too laid back and in Griffey's case thinks he is above the team ie not hustling in a must win game and going off last week about getting replaced for defensive purposes.

goreds2
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm not one to complain about somebody watching his homer, but can we at least make sure it is gone first? It seems like at least 3 times of year he watches one and it ends up a single.

Now he's not in scoring position and the DP is still in order.

:thumbdown

I noticed that last night also. :confused:

NoColonBoy
08-29-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm normally the last one that complains about this kind of thing, but this team is trying to climb back in a ballgame and more importantly a pennant race. Get your butt to 2nd.

The problem is that Griffey is struggling to realize that he's on the wrong side of 30. Ten years ago, that ball jumped off his bat more and DID go out. It does kill me that he hasn't made the mental adjustment, though.

Cicero
08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
The Reds need to get rid of Griffey and or Dunn to change the atmosphere in the clubhouse or they will not win anytime soon. The tone is set by these two guys and they are just too laid back and in Griffey's case thinks he is above the team ie not hustling in a must win game and going off last week about getting replaced for defensive purposes.

Yah that's a great plan. Then we can lose games 8-0 instead of
8-7. Great plan!

Ludwig Reds Fan
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Ken "I'm a future Hall of Famer and you're not" Griffey Jr.

Exactly. He is an easy 1st ballot HOF. Maybe one of the best to ever play the game. Therefore, he doesn't need to run out ground balls, and therefore he has every right to watch the baseball instead of running after he hits it. Who cares if it costs him an extra base. Who cares if he might have beaten out that ground ball. The important thing is, he is a first ballot HOFer. Nothing else matters. Let the young guys hustle. Besides...KGJ might get hurt hustling.

When I see a guy like Phillips visibly upset after a strikeout, I always think, "why can't you be more like Griffey?" Who cares? There will be more ABs. No need to beat yourself up. When I see a guy like Hamilton beat out a grounder to first or stretch a single into a double even with his marginal speed, I always think, "why can't you just be like KGJ?" You might hurt yourself legging those out, then where would you be. Take your time, watch all of your fly balls with unbridled interest. Life is too short to hustle. Especially when you are a first ballot HOFer.
/end sarcasm

redsfanmia
08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Yah that's a great plan. Then we can lose games 8-0 instead of
8-7. Great plan!

Yeah because Jay Bruce or whoever they replace one or both Griff and Dunn with would not produce any runs. This team needs a heart transplant and if trading their two most productive players would help change the losing ways then I am all for it.

Degenerate39
08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I love Junior to death but this just made me pe-oed