PDA

View Full Version : Todd Coffey = Brandon Larson

Redsnake
08-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but I keep thinking why is he given opportunity after opportunity to perform at the major league level. I was looking at his minor league performances since he's been down in Louisville and he's pitching well again. Then I realized it's Brandon Larson all over again.

I hope the Reds brass can see what he is (Good MiL reliever) and nothing more. Then get rid of him once in for all.

ChatterRed
08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
With the Reds luck, they'll let him shine in triple A, trade him to some other team, and then he'll become a star closer.

Orenda
08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Did Larson ever have a good year? At least Coffey had a respectable season last year.

NoColonBoy
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Remember, though, that Brandon Larson was a No. 1 pick by the Reds.

I understand and agree with the AAAA analogy, but Larson was much more disappointing and damaging because he was a waste of a No. 1 pick. While the first round of the 1997 draft didn't produce many studs, Lance Berkman did go two picks after Larson.

AmarilloRed
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I would expect we will see him again in September. He will get another chance to redeem himself. Wayne is fond of giving player second and third chances.