PDA

View Full Version : What I've learned on the road

OldRightHander
09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I've learned a few things since I've been driving over the road. Here are a few.

1. All those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" don't work.

2. Trucks are not the enemy.

3. Texans are a whole lot friendlier than New Yorkers.

4. A hot shower and an afternoon nap are luxurious.

5. Your wife looks a lot better after you've been gone for ten days than she did when you were home every day. :devil:

SunDeck
09-01-2007, 11:29 AM
My brother in law drives over the road. He has one of these on his cab.

http://img6.store.yahoo.co.jp/I/we-love-sticker_1965_3689636

OldRightHander
09-01-2007, 12:00 PM
My brother in law drives over the road. He has one of these on his cab.

http://img6.store.yahoo.co.jp/I/we-love-sticker_1965_3689636

Good advice there. If you stick to the well lit truck stops in better parts of town, you won't see too many of those.

Dom Heffner
09-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Lot lizards. Wow.

While looking that up on Google, I came across this little nugget:

"Man, those lot lizards at the Iowa 80 stop have gotten so much better since the economy took a turn for the worse. Thank goodness for the _________ administration."

They could be referring to George Washington and that would be hilarious.

Now, if I were going to hang a sign in the window banning lot lizards, I would still put an asterisk next to it for when the economy goes bad. :)

Ltlabner
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I loves me some truck stops. I don't even drive a truck, but I love the whole truck stop vibe. I almost always check out the selection of CB's and in cab-electronic gadgets along with all of the other products aimed at over-the-road drivers.

Flying J fried burrotos are da bomb. Two of those and a diet Pepsi are a perfect mobile lunch.

OldRightHander
09-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Flying J fried burrotos are da bomb. Two of those and a diet Pepsi are a perfect mobile lunch.

Flying J is my favorite. Cheapest showers and laundry, almost always clean, and no lot lizards. They all have these handy internet terminals too.