PDA

View Full Version : Rick White is doing his best to keep the Mariners out of the playoffs

Tom Servo
09-01-2007, 01:31 PM
He's now doing his best to keep the Mariners out of the playoffs. Am I the only one who can't believe this guy keeps getting jobs, especially after how he pitched for us? I wonder if the Astros didnít pitch him the way he needed to be pitched.

Cooper
09-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Why did they even pick him up? They have plenty of good relievers.

A good GM will not pick up a guy like that for fear that the manager may use him in an important situation.

Matt700wlw
09-01-2007, 08:11 PM
A good GM will not pick up a guy like that for fear that the manager may use him in an important situation.

Ours picked up several of them...

RedLegSuperStar
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
It's because he dyed his hair blond..

GAC
09-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Ours picked up several of them...

And so do alot of other GMs. Rick White is still pitching isn't he? ;)

People seem to think that it is only the Reds who are giving these guys a look-see. Take a good hard look around the leagues folks.

We release them, and some one else signs them. It's called the "circle of life". And there is probably more desperation involved in those actions then stupidity (though it too is evident).

Indicative of the market right now?

KronoRed
09-02-2007, 02:44 PM
It's because he dyed his hair blond..

Have the entire bullpen do it.

Cooper
09-02-2007, 09:42 PM
He pitched again today. Gave up a run and didn't get anyone out ---aand they have other options in the bullpen.

cincrazy
09-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Rick White's from my area of the woods, Springfield, Ohio. He went to my rival high school, Kenton Ridge. Him, and the rest of the KR community, have always had a false sense of where he stood in the baseball world. He's not nearly as good as he thinks he is, sadly.