PDA

View Full Version : Michigan/App State quasi-game thread & aftermath

thatcoolguy_22
09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
By Appalachian State

28-17 at half time. The QB for App state is 8-8 for 125 yards and 3 TDS!!

Go division 1-AA dominance!!!!!!!

Dom Heffner
09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
A half is forever in college football. Forgive me MWM, but I would love to see Appalachian State keep it up. It won't happen, but man, just the fact there's a chance makes me happy.

Joseph
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I think everyone in CFB wants to see AS win aside from UM fans. :)

Go little guy!

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I think everyone in CFB wants to see AS win aside from UM fans. :)

Nah, then D1 teams will get scared and start scheduling D2 schools ;)

Yachtzee
09-01-2007, 03:35 PM
All I can say is wow. I'm flipping back and forth between the OSU-YSU game and the UM-AS game. AS seems like a team possessed. They're booing the Wolverines in the Big House.

By the way, I know not everyone here is a Big 10 fan, but if you are, the Big 10 Network offerings on DirectTV are pretty awesome. Not am I getting the UM-AS game on the regular Big 10 Network feed, but I'm getting the other non-major network games on 3 alternate channels. It's like having the NFL Sunday Ticket for the Big 10, but without having to pay a huge subscription fee.

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 03:57 PM
APPY St. is giving it away. They had a WR drop an easy wide open TD and then misses a 45 yard field goal. It could have easily been 38-20 at that point.

MWM
09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Unreal! If they wind up losing this game, Carr is done. There will be rioting for him to be fired in Ann Arbor.

And Chad Henne is the mos over-rated QB Michigan has ever had. He makes folks long for the days of John Navarre.

What a horrible coaching job by Michigan's staff today. They were totally unprepared.

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Unreal! If they wind up losing this game, Carr is done. There will be rioting for him to be fired in Ann Arbor.

And Chad Henne is the mos over-rated QB Michigan has ever had. He makes folks long for the days of John Navarre.

What a horrible coaching job by Michigan's staff today. They were totally unprepared.

Michigan will win this game but I still wouldn't be surprised if heads rolled.

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 04:23 PM
APPY State used that 4-WR set in the first half and scored 28 points. In the second half they abanonded that and went to a 5-WR set and have struggled mightily.

Joseph
09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
And AS is now losing

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
TD Michigan. That's probably game.

And Lou Holtz continues to show he is a tool.

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
App St had their chances.

thatcoolguy_22
09-01-2007, 04:33 PM
App St had their chances.

no kidding. im a ga southern grad and i've watched them play live for years, they're always a team. Michigan definitely under-rated them

smith288
09-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Wolvernes are tryng to hand ths game to the mountaneers

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Holy Crap.

thatcoolguy_22
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
a top 25 team has NEVER lost to 1-AA team. Let alone a top 5 team at HOME!!!!

Go APP

RANDY IN INDY
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
34-32 Go App State!

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 04:40 PM
IMO App St should have made Michigan use their timeouts and kicked on 2nd or 3rd down...

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Why go for a FG on 1st and goal?

MWM
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Embarassing!

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Amazing

thatcoolguy_22
09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANDY IN INDY
09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
They're celebratin' in Boone NC!

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

Conngrats to Appy State!:beerme:

OnBaseMachine
Oh my goodness.

Reds Fanatic
Wow! Michigan loses to Appalachian State. This season is off to a great start.

Muggerd
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
:bowrofl:

Matt700wlw
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!

OnBaseMachine
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Biggest upset in college football history?

smith288
09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
So much for Lllllloyd Carr. He is gone after this year. Especially after OSU inevitably beats them.

MartyFan
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

I listened to the end of the game on the net...the Appalachian University announcers went bonkers!

GO BUCKS!!!

joshnky
What a pathetic effort by Michigan, Henne, and their vaunted Defense. AppSt. played like a I-AA team in the second half and Michigan still handed it to them on a platter.

Muggerd
09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Biggest upset in college football history?

umm considering no I-AA school has ever beat a ranked NCAA school let alone a top ranked one id have to say it is.

captainmorgan07
09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
i love this kinda stuff as a die hard buckeye fan anytime michigan loses it should be a national holiday. Lloyd Carr better go under the witness protection agency.

thatcoolguy_22
09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
i love this kinda stuff as a die hard buckeye fan anytime michigan loses it should be a national holiday. Lloyd Carr better go under the witness protection agency.

michigan's kicker missed 2 bunny field goals that each one would have won the game...

Outshined_One
09-01-2007, 04:59 PM
lol @ Michigan

Jharb74
09-01-2007, 05:03 PM
You have to love as a 4 year starter at the most importatnt position, QB, Henne wasn't even voted as team captain! Lloyd may want to put in some applications at some of the smaller colleges. He'd be a king at Sinclair Community College.

Spring~Fields
09-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Are Buckeye fans still aloud to comment this year?

:ughmamoru

WMR
09-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Embarrassing for Michigan! Damn.

GAC
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
WOW!

This if for those Michigan fans at work who were giving me a hard time over OSU playing Youngstown....

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt012.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

At least we beat ours!

redsfan1966
09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
As a Buckeye fan, I must say today was awesome.....OSU does what it needs to do in punishing an overmatched in-state school...and the school up north tanks biiiiiig time...the only drawback is this will lead to Lloyd Carr's eventual firing and Jim Tressel will lose his personal punching bag......GO BUCKS

RedFanAlways1966
09-01-2007, 05:20 PM
LOL! Will UM ever win again? Lose at OSU, lose to USC in the Rose Bowl, lose to Appalachian State. Bad times in Ann Arbor.

GAC
09-01-2007, 05:21 PM
They'l be rioting in Columbus tonight over Michigan's NC hopes going..... http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/toilet10.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Danny Serafini
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
What a wonderful sight!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2007/09/ipt/1188675418.jpg

RBA
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I see I have about 4 Big Ten Network channels on my Directv. Why so many channels for an inferior league? If App State can beat them? lol

Highlifeman21
09-01-2007, 05:38 PM
This only means that somehow, someway U of M will beat tOSU.

It doesn't make sense, but neither does Appalachian State beating U of M.

smith288
09-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I see I have about 4 Big Ten Network channels on my Directv. Why so many channels for an inferior league? If App State can beat them? lol
all leagues have the lower level squads... Northwestern, Minn, illinois....Michigan.... LOLOLOL

Joseph
09-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Their season is over before it really began now wouldn't you say?

redsfan1966
09-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Let me stray just a little off topic in saying that while I am still pi-sed about the Big 10 Network situation--the coverage I did catch (at Studio 35 in Columbus) was very good. No noticable glitches and the studio coverage was fine as well...the only thing I would criticize was the lack of updates from other games during the coverage (it would have been cool to see more from Ann Arbor during breaks of OSU's game)...

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 05:48 PM

Not really, if they win out this loss will be pretty much forgotten, if you're going to lose it's best to do it early.

GoReds33
09-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I can't believe that just happened. I like Michigan. I can't stand to see something like this happen. I guess I'm goin back to being a USC fan this year.:D

RBA
09-01-2007, 05:50 PM

I think the Motor City Bowl is still in play for them. :p:

sonny
09-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Breaking news: OSU fans riot as a result of Michigan's loss.

jk

GoReds33
09-01-2007, 05:56 PM
So much for Lllllloyd Carr. He is gone after this year. Especially after OSU inevitably beats them.Wheather OSU beats them or not hes gone. I don't think unless they destroy OSU he will be back. Go Blue!!!:)

joshnky
09-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Not really, if they win out this loss will be pretty much forgotten, if you're going to lose it's best to do it early.

While its true that first losses are often forgotten, we've never experienced a first loss quite like this. Michigan's title chances are now nill but they can still win the Big Ten and make a BCS bowl. However, the team that played today will be losing several more games this year.

Matt700wlw
09-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Has the "Fire Lloyd Carr" chants started yet?

RedFanAlways1966
09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Has the "Fire Lloyd Carr" chants started yet?

Some Michigan fans I know have been saying that for a few years.

BoydsOfSummer
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh man, that is just outstanding! That has to be the biggest college upset ever I would think. I'm gonna miss Lloyd, he's good for Buckeye football.

Congats Appy State.

goreds2
09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh man, that is just outstanding! That has to be the biggest college upset ever I would think. I'm gonna miss Lloyd, he's good for Buckeye football.
Congats Appy State.

:clap:

Virginia Beach Reds
09-01-2007, 07:04 PM
APP St. they had control of this game after Blue's first possession.

How sad. Henne had a terrible game and Carr made nearly every incorrect call (in hindsight). This is bad for college football, IMO. Greedy corp execs win. I'm still stunned and embarrassed. However, all week I thought App had a chance the more I read about them. Mobile QB, spread offense, unproven Blue D and over-hyped offense. Too many mistakes against a very good team. I think APP beats 1/2 the teams in the BIG 10.

Go Blue.

Don't worry, they'll right the ship and avenge the tOSU loss in November.

WMR
09-01-2007, 07:33 PM
How is this bad for college football?

Virginia Beach Reds
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
this was not a 'gimmie game'

this was a lose-lose game.

win and you didn't win by enough. lose and you got 'worked'

Having said that, it's bad for college football because: the Big 10 network threw a wrench into seeing a great game which was caused be extreme greed on both sides. I listened on FREE internet audio, which I couldn't believe was free.

Mutaman
09-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice effort by the Badgers against a decent opponent. looks like Donovan can take over the offense without any difficulty. Looking forward to 11/3/07.

WMR
09-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Having said that, it's bad for college football because: the Big 10 network threw a wrench into seeing a great game which was caused be extreme greed on both sides. I listened on FREE internet audio, which I couldn't believe was free.

That issue seems to be more about the Big 10 network than a 1-AA team beating a top-five perennial powerhouse.

KronoRed
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM
While its true that first losses are often forgotten, we've never experienced a first loss quite like this. Michigan's title chances are now nill but they can still win the Big Ten and make a BCS bowl. However, the team that played today will be losing several more games this year.

Don't be surprised that if Michigan wins out (doubtful but ya never know) that talk starts that they should be in the mix for the BCS title if there are a bunch of 1 loss teams in the mix.

Chip R
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Embarassing!

Why? Would it be embarrassing to lose to Syracuse or Northern Illinois or Colorado or Miami of Ohio? ASU is a better team than those 4 teams and I'd wager they are better than half the teams in Division 1. They are certainly better than Michigan.

You know, this isn't even the biggest upset this week. A bigger upset was 1-AA non scholarship Drake beating 1-AA scholarship Illinois State. That's not an 85 to 65 scholarship difference. It's a 65-0 scholarship difference. It's like a Division III team beating a Division 1-AA team. And Drake isn't that good of a 1-AA non scholarship team either. Or they haven't been. Just goes to show you that anything can happen when 11 guys face off against 11 guys.

KittyDuran
09-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Why? Would it be embarrassing to lose to Syracuse or Northern Illinois or Colorado or Miami of Ohio? ASU is a better team than those 4 teams and I'd wager they are better than half the teams in Division 1. They are certainly better than Michigan.

You know, this isn't even the biggest upset this week. A bigger upset was 1-AA non scholarship Drake beating 1-AA scholarship Illinois State. That's not an 85 to 65 scholarship difference. It's a 65-0 scholarship difference. It's like a Division III team beating a Division 1-AA team. And Drake isn't that good of a 1-AA non scholarship team either. Or they haven't been. Just goes to show you that anything can happen when 11 guys face off against 11 guys.Hey, Chip... IIRC, didn't you call Appl State beating Michigan last Saturday at Arnie's or at least giving Michigan a run for it's money?:beerme:

George Foster
09-02-2007, 12:21 AM

If you want a cupcake....eat a cupcake. Don't schedule broken glass and try to eat it like a cupcake. App State was not a cupcake. Bad decision by the Michigan AD.

Ah....the Big Ten......reminds me of all those bowl games last season:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chip R
09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey, Chip... IIRC, didn't you call Appl State beating Michigan last Saturday at Arnie's or at least giving Michigan a run for it's money?:beerme:

The latter. But no one listens to little ol' me. :)

guttle11
09-02-2007, 01:08 AM

You know, this isn't even the biggest upset this week. A bigger upset was 1-AA non scholarship Drake beating 1-AA scholarship Illinois State. That's not an 85 to 65 scholarship difference. It's a 65-0 scholarship difference. It's like a Division III team beating a Division 1-AA team. And Drake isn't that good of a 1-AA non scholarship team either. Or they haven't been. Just goes to show you that anything can happen when 11 guys face off against 11 guys.

That's all correct.

But Michigan is coming off a bad end to last year, and had legit national title hopes this year.

All gone, turned into a three game losing streak, and a realistic fear of an approaching disaster. They still have to play Oregon, Penn State, Wisconsin on the road, Michigan State on the road, and Ohio State.

Now as a Buckeye fan, I'm laughing. But if I take off my buckeye necklace for a minute, it's still way more embarrassing than losing to any FBS (weird to say that) team. Perception is reality, and perception is that this is one of the biggest upsets in college football history.

Gizmo
09-02-2007, 09:32 AM
It sucks in that I wanted us (OSU) to be the ones to dash their championship hopes.

Here's to you App. St. :beerme:

max venable
09-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Don't be surprised that if Michigan wins out (doubtful but ya never know) that talk starts that they should be in the mix for the BCS title if there are a bunch of 1 loss teams in the mix.

:laugh: How could they be in the mix even if they win out? Impossible. If there are a bunch of 1-loss teams Michigan will STILL be the ONLY one who lost to a 1-AA school. Sorry to say it...but their title hopes are zero.

For me, yesterday was the near-perfect college football day: Ohio State wins big, Michigan loses, Notre Dame loses. That's the tri-fecta! :thumbup:

KronoRed
09-02-2007, 02:43 PM
:laugh: How could they be in the mix even if they win out? Impossible. If there are a bunch of 1-loss teams Michigan will STILL be the ONLY one who lost to a 1-AA school. Sorry to say it...but their title hopes are zero.

For me, yesterday was the near-perfect college football day: Ohio State wins big, Michigan loses, Notre Dame loses. That's the tri-fecta! :thumbup:

I've heard that "this early loss kills them" for years on end, doesn't matter that they lost to a 1AA team (or FCS or whatever we're supposed to call it now) people forget and say "well it was just one game"

But, Michigan probably won't win out so it's moot

Chip R
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I've heard that "this early loss kills them" for years on end, doesn't matter that they lost to a 1AA team (or FCS or whatever we're supposed to call it now) people forget and say "well it was just one game"

But, Michigan probably won't win out so it's moot

They are now at the mercy of the pollsters and teams ahead of them. If they take care of business with the rest of their schedule and a few teams slip up, they have a chance. Problem is they are going to be in the mix with all the other 1 loss teams. Not to take anything away from ASU but pollsters and computers are going to look at a loss to any FBS school a lot more favorably than a loss to ASU no matter how good ASU is. And then you have the teams in conferences that have championship games whereas the Big 10 doesn't. It's not impossible for Michigan but it's quite improbable. I saw the second half of the game this morning and while ASU is a great team, Michigan would get torn up by LSU or Florida or U$C.

Unassisted
09-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I spent the day at the beach, so I missed all of the fun of this outcome. My jaw hit the (sandy) floor of the hotel room when I watched the late news.

Even though I love the Scarlet and Gray, I don't foresee that Ohio State or Wisconsin will win out, so I agree that this doesn't kill the Wolverines' chances at a BCS bowl. This is a loss that the poll voters are sure to remember all season, though. When we get to Week 10, it won't be hard for them to recall who hung the Week 1 "L" on the maize and blue. ;)

pedro
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Honestly, the only game I really care about is "the game". If Michigan beats Ohio State then I'll be happy, if they lose then I'll still be happy, just not as much so, as I don't count on football to bolster my morale or my ego.

Now, hopefully Michigan will beet Oregon next week as I'm sure I'll be watching the game somewhere with a bunch of duck fans.

AmarilloRed
09-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I believe Lloyd Carr postponed retirement and several of his players returned because they believed Michican could win a national championship this year. They might regret their decisions after this game.

goreds2
09-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I am still enjoying all the News Stories regarding this game. :laugh:

mroby85
09-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Honestly, the only game I really care about is "the game". If Michigan beats Ohio State then I'll be happy, if they lose then I'll still be happy, just not as much so, as I don't count on football to bolster my morale or my ego.

Now, hopefully Michigan will beet Oregon next week as I'm sure I'll be watching the game somewhere with a bunch of duck fans.

so basically you're just saying you aren't that big of a fan? because if you're a true fan, it upsets you when your team loses, i think you're just in denial.

MWM
09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
so basically you're just saying you aren't that big of a fan? because if you're a true fan, it upsets you when your team loses, i think you're just in denial.

Please, no lectures on what it means to be a true fan. I've heard the same thing from plenty of Ohio State fans. I think what Pedro is saying is that given the choice between losing to OSU and beating Appy State vs. losing to Appy State and beating OSU, he'll take the latter.

And as much of a fan as I am of the Reds and Bengals and the other teams I follow, I've moved past being "upset" when they lose. Frankly, age and maturity and life experiences have made sports team much less important. I think pedro has enough perspective to know it's not worth getting "upset" over a college football game. There are plenty of things worth getting upset about. Sports ain't one of them.

pedro
09-03-2007, 01:32 PM

No, I just don't take sports so seriously that I let it upset me. I have a name for people who let themselves have their days and weeks ruined by sports teams and trust me, "fan" isn't it.

goreds2
09-03-2007, 02:43 PM
The Carr press conference is now on ESPN News.

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 02:49 PM
How is this bad for college football?How bad is this for the big 10?

MWM
09-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I think people are overanalyzing with the "bad" for the Big 10 or for College Football. It's one game. It's an upset. A big upset, yes. But still one game. I don't think it's good or bad for either college football or the Big 10.

Heath
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I think it's a loss that was bound to happen anyway. 20 years ago you could give unlimited scholarships away and the big fish swam deep.

Now, the scholarships are capped at 85. Lots of good players slip through the cracks.

This could happen to anyone. Michigan just happened to be first.

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Now, hopefully Michigan will beet Oregon next week as I'm sure I'll be watching the game somewhere with a bunch of duck fans.If Michigan beats OSU Carr keeps his job. That should be a good game. If he doesn't I guess he'll become an assistant at App. State.:D

pedro
09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
If Michigan beats OSU Carr keeps his job. That should be a good game. If he doesn't I guess he'll become an assistant at App. State.:D

I think Carr's fate is sealed already. Lloyd's had a good run but it's time for Michigan to move on. It sure would be nice to finish out his big ten career with a win against OSU though.

RFS62
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Carr is deader than Julius Caesar no matter what he does the rest of the year.

MWM
09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
The only question at this point is whether or not Wes Miles wants the job. If he doesn't, I hope they go outside to fill it. I think Bo is the last time they went outside to find a coach. And if memory serves, that worked out OK. I can't think of many coaching jobs more appealing than the University of Michigan football coach. They should be able to get a good one.

max venable
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
selling like hotcakes at App. St. right now:
http://www.omegatees.com/image.php?productid=127

Chip R
09-04-2007, 11:38 AM
The Sagarin Ratings are out. Interestingly enough he mixes 1-AA and 1-A. He has ASU at 38 and Michigan at 40.

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

registerthis
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I think people are overanalyzing with the "bad" for the Big 10 or for College Football. It's one game. It's an upset. A big upset, yes. But still one game. I don't think it's good or bad for either college football or the Big 10.

I don't care how it's spun, this isn't good for the Big 10 at all. While I'll admit that there was a part of my inner Buckeye fan who experienced some schaudenfreude watching the UM game on Saturday, ultimately this hurts everyone in the conference. Michigan is clearly a better team than they exhibited on Saturday, and they'll undoubtedly rebound. But any Big 10 team who happens to beat them will have to deal with "yeah, but that's the team who lost to App. St."

I know parity is starting to hit college football the same way it is in basketball, but Michigan should never have lost a game such as this. The blame should rest squarely on the shoulders of Carr--his team was clearly unprepared for the game, and it cost them dearly. I guess, come November, we'll find out how much.

dabvu2498
09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
The Sagarin Ratings are out. Interestingly enough he mixes 1-AA and 1-A. He has ASU at 38 and Michigan at 40.

Bet that will come down a bit after their next matchup: the Lenoir-Rhyne College Fightin' Bears.

registerthis
09-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Bet that will come down a bit after their next matchup: the Lenoir-Rhyne College Fightin' Bears.

Watch out for those hyphenated teams, they can sneak up on you.

cumberlandreds
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Watch out for those hyphenated teams, they can sneak up on you.

Those instate rivals will too. LR is in Hickory,NC which is nearby Boone,NC.

pedro
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Posted: Tuesday September 04, 2007 08:05AM ET

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr told people privately that he was seriously worried about his team's opening game, against two-time defending I-AA champion Appalachian State. He knew there were legitimate questions about his defense, that Appalachian State had fast players running the spread offense, and that he wouldn't be able to fully evaluate his personnel until after the first game. Michigan athletic director Bill Martin could not fire Carr if he wanted to, and there is no indication he wants to. People continually underestimate Carr's political savvy and the respect he garners within the university.

-Detroit Free Press

Highlifeman21
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Florida International and Utah State must be just horrendously awful.

Danny Serafini
09-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Florida International went 0-12 in 2006.

WMR
09-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't care how it's spun, this isn't good for the Big 10 at all. While I'll admit that there was a part of my inner Buckeye fan who experienced some schaudenfreude watching the UM game on Saturday, ultimately this hurts everyone in the conference. Michigan is clearly a better team than they exhibited on Saturday, and they'll undoubtedly rebound. But any Big 10 team who happens to beat them will have to deal with "yeah, but that's the team who lost to App. St."

I know parity is starting to hit college football the same way it is in basketball, but Michigan should never have lost a game such as this. The blame should rest squarely on the shoulders of Carr--his team was clearly unprepared for the game, and it cost them dearly. I guess, come November, we'll find out how much.

We can't all be the SEC. :D

pedro
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
We can't all be the SEC. :D

that's pretty funny coming from a Kentucky fan ;)

paintmered
09-04-2007, 07:37 PM
On a semi-related note, here's ESPN's Bottom 10. It's no surprise who takes the coveted #5 spot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3003847

Reds Fanatic
09-04-2007, 08:40 PM
By the way for all of us that did get to see this game they are showing a 2 hour trimmed version of the game tonight on FSN. I believe they are supposed to show it at 10:30 PM after the Reds game.

cumberlandreds
09-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Michigan makes a historic fall out of the top 25 this week. They fell from number five to out of the poll in one week. The biggest drop since the polls went to Top 25 in 1989.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=710026

WMR
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
that's pretty funny coming from a Kentucky fan ;)

Hey we're optimistic about our football these days!!

(finally back to full scholarship level after the Mumme era)

Marc D
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Ah....the Big Ten......reminds me of all those bowl games last season:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You mean the 2 of 3 we won vs the SEC?