PDA

View Full Version : Narron VS. Mackanin

Orenda
09-02-2007, 05:00 AM
Tensions have risen in another series against the cardinals. It was earlier in the year when Harang hit a St. Louis batter in the head. Here was Jerry Narron's response to Tony Larusa, after Larusa had stated Harang should be suspended: "Tony's been around the game a long time," "It bothers me when someone on the other team gets hit in the head."

Fast forward to yesterday's play between Phillips and Pujols, and hear is what Mack had to say: "I'm not saying it was a bush or dirty play." "It looked to me like he kind of went to the outside. If I'm playing second base, I aim for the guy's head"

I don't know if Mackanin is the guy for the job as his handling of the bullpen has been right out of Narron's playbook. However, it's nice to see that he follows lesson 1 from Effective Baseball Managing for Dummies. Which clearly states to stick up and defend the play of your team or player under questionable circumstances. What do you think?

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I like your statement. I agree that Pete isn't great at handling a bullpen. I love having a manager with an attitude. Thats what I loved about Lou Pinella.

ChatterRed
09-02-2007, 10:30 AM
How can you handle a bullpen that sucks?

As for the attitude.......do you think the Reds pitchers will throw at Pujols today? I'd love it if they did.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 10:32 AM

As for the attitude.......do you think the Reds pitchers will throw at Pujols today? I'd love it if they did.I think its pretty easy for who to run out with a tight game in the eigth and ninth. It does get rediculious though when you have a 4 run lead and here comes Weathers.

I think they will throw at him. I hope so atleast. I can't stand Pujols.:D

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM

As for the attitude.......do you think the Reds pitchers will throw at Pujols today? I'd love it if they did.

I think something might happen, either someone going in hard on eckstein or miles, or knocking pujols down.

I would imagine Arroyo has the nuts to throw at pujols, also i could see Weathers and maybe burton or bray do it. Both have pretty hard heaters.

instead it will be gosling and will be a 80 mph curve ball

Degenerate39
09-02-2007, 10:46 AM

I sure hope so you have to stick up for your teammates.

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I bet the reds are cowards today and pete sits phillips, it would just be par for the course.

mound_patrol
09-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Exactly, how do you. You can only throw Burton, Bray, and Weathers so much. I blame Krivsky for that situation. But I do still hold out hope on Majic and mcbeth.
The only beef I have on Mack is his lineups but that's for another thread.
I didn't see the play, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did go wide to try and break it up. I hope the reds use a guy like Burton to end the scuffle by putting a ball up and in. (don't think the Reds need to retaliate by actually hitting someone)

Ludwig Reds Fan
09-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I think they accidently hit Phillips and both benches clear. Cardinal Pitcher and LaRussa ejected.

Then we hit Pujols and both benches clear. Pete and our pitcher both ejected.

They they hit Griffey, but he doesn't charge the mound for fear of injury.

Then our bullpen blows it.

Cardinals 8
Reds 3

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I think they accidently hit Phillips and both benches clear. Cardinal Pitcher and LaRussa ejected.

Then we hit Pujols and both benches clear. Pete and our pitcher both ejected.

They they hit Griffey, but he doesn't charge the mound for fear of injury.

Then our bullpen blows it.

Cardinals 8
Reds 3

Hamilton cf
Keppinger ss
Griffey rf
Phillips 2b
Dunn lf
Hatteberg 1b
Encarnacion 3b
Ross c
Arroyo p

Eckstein ss
Ankiel rf
Ludwick lf
Edmonds cf
Duncan 1b
Miles 2b
Bennett c
Looper p
Ryan 3b

No pooholes so im going to say ankiel, edmonds or duncan get the pop from someone :cool:

Orenda
09-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow just looked at the schedule and saw St. Louis doesn't have an off day all month. Good time for Larusa to sit him. It would be an awful time for them to have anyone serving a suspension. I would go for Edmonds or Eckstein, show some vet love.

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Wow just looked at the schedule and saw St. Louis doesn't have an off day all month. Good time for Larusa to sit him. It would be an awful time for them to have anyone serving a suspension. I would go for Edmonds or Eckstein, show some vet love.

I would like to see Molina take one personally, but hes sitting as well :o

Or someone go hard into 2nd and blast Eckstein.

ChatterRed
09-02-2007, 02:53 PM
If I'm the Reds players, I purposely try and start a fight today and try and get as many Cardinals players ejected and hopefully suspended by the commissioner just to mess up their season. I'd love to be one of the players in today's game. I'd go bonkers and take a few Cards players out. They are a bunch of punks.

captainmorgan07
09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
i like pete backing his players something that old narron skated around the last time something like this happened. First and foremost though that idoit larussa flips out last time then this time he goes all political and sends over dave mckay as a peace offering. Tony must have saddle sores from sitting on the fence all the time.

justincredible
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I missed what happened yesterday. Can someone give me a rundown of the goings on between Pujols and Phillips?

stevekun
09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Mackanin better not be our manager next year

redsupport
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM
he is minimally better than narron, by an angstrom

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I missed what happened yesterday. Can someone give me a rundown of the goings on between Pujols and Phillips?
The Reds were turning a dp and Pujols stood right in Phillips throwing lane to first, and caused him to throw badly. We didn't get the dp. Then after that, apperantly Phillips tried to talk to Pujols and Pujols pushed him away. Then Pujols said that the next time he comes into second he would put Phillips in left field. Then Phillips said that next time he will throw throught the m.f. er. Thats the quick version.:)

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I would like to see Molina take one personally, but hes sitting as well :o

Or someone go hard into 2nd and blast Eckstein.We want to hurt him, not kill him. Eckstein is a good player. Of the players on St Louis the one I have up most respect for is Eckstein. He doesn't have the best speed, or the strongest arm, he gets it done with the strongest heart.:)

Jr's Boy
09-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Too bad they didnt throw at Edmonds yesterday since no Pujols,cause George would have went nuts.