PDA

View Full Version : Ahh yes, I remember this part...

Ludwig Reds Fan
09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
This is the part of the script where the Cardinals break from the middle of the pack to win the division, because no one else wants it, or no one else is good enough to take it.

I'll read a story over and over again if it has a happy ending. But this is more like Old Yeller.

Here's a trivia question I would like to see for today's game: How many Divisional Titles, Championships, and World Series appearances have the St. Louis Cardinals had since the Reds last went to the playoffs. How many since we even had a winning record? When was the last time we had a winning record at the end of the season anyway? I could look it up, but considering how many Reds games I watch, and considering how long I have followed them, its funny that I haven't the slightest idea when the last time was.

Pathetic.

I hate how predictable it is. I hate the Cardinals. And I envy them too. Like that play with Pujols and Phillips last night. Thats how it always is with Cincinnati teams. There is our guy, whining right after he just got lit up. Maybe it was fair, maybe it wasn't fair. But one thing you know... The Cincinnati team will be going home, crying over spilled milk, and whatever team we played will be moving on to the playoffs with another victory.

The only thing left for Phillips to do now is to start jogging out ground balls and watching the fly balls. Then his Cincinnatification will be complete.

Cincinnati Sports Fan: Is their a greater torture? Gee at least we have the Bengals to look forward to... :beerme:

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I hope the reds dont let Phillips get ruined by mimicking other players when it comes to heart and passion about the game

Ludwig Reds Fan
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I hope the reds dont let Phillips get ruined by mimicking other players when it comes to heart and passion about the game

Remember Ron Gant. Read a few articles talking about him when he was with the Reds. He was a workout and discipline machine! And during the game? 100 percent hustle and effort. And you know what? That attitude filtered down to the younger guys, partially because all things tend to snowball, good and bad, and, to hear some of the guys tell it, Gant was a big guy who didn't like to lose. If he worked hard, you worked hard.

Griffey is a talented, charismatic guy, no question about it. I hear no one trains or prepares as hard as Griffey too. You'd think that would make a guy want to run out ground balls and fly balls... :confused: But, then again, it is the Reds. Its like having Dave Shula as your coach. Pretty soon you start asking yourself, "what's the point?"

And then your Cincinnatification is complete.

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I just hope Phillips plays the game the way it should. He give 100% all the time. Hes probably too emotional but id rather have him be too emotional than nonchalant.

Phillips I hope turns into the leader on this team, and keeps improving. Hope the Hamiltons and the Phillips of this team turn out to be good hard playing guys for years and not turn into guys that throw their managers and GMs under the bus.

Ludwig Reds Fan
09-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I just hope Phillips plays the game the way it should. He give 100% all the time. Hes probably too emotional but id rather have him be too emotional than nonchalant.

Phillips I hope turns into the leader on this team, and keeps improving. Hope the Hamiltons and the Phillips of this team turn out to be good hard playing guys for years and not turn into guys that throw their managers and GMs under the bus.

A couple nights ago, Phillips was at bat, runners in scoring position, close game. He works the count. Then he swings and misses for strike 3. Then you hear Phillips, out of frustration, belt out the F-word.

Not condoning the F-Word because it is a kids game first and foremost. But Phillips obvious passion for the game is pretty easy to see. I like that. I wonder when Griffey lost his passion for the game? I wonder if Dunn ever had it?

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 01:18 PM
A couple nights ago, Phillips was at bat, runners in scoring position, close game. He works the count. Then he swings and misses for strike 3. Then you hear Phillips, out of frustration, belt out the F-word.

Not condoning the F-Word because it is a kids game first and foremost. But Phillips obvious passion for the game is pretty easy to see. I like that. I wonder when Griffey lost his passion for the game? I wonder if Dunn ever had it?

I laughed pretty loud when I heard him blast the F-word. I will never fault a guy for being upset, as long as he keeps it in check and about the right things.