PDA

View Full Version : Pu-holes not in lineup today

ChatterRed
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Larussa chickened out. He knew we'd throw at him today. What a wuss.

I hope he pinch hits and we drill him.

captainmorgan07
09-02-2007, 03:17 PM
if im any reds pitcher i drill him if he comes up to pinch hit no matter the score. They have to make a statement that they will not let anyone intimidate them.

stevekun
09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
The hypocricy here is that if the Reds ran the same deal at the Cards 2nd baseman then Larusa gets HOT

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
maybe they are waiting for next time the reds play the cardinals :ughmamoru: yea right by then the response from the team will be

"Brandon Phillips is a loser and we are going to give the cards nothing but fastballs all day, GO CARDS"

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
We'll throw at him the next time we play. Don't worry.

Muggerd
09-02-2007, 06:35 PM
We'll throw at him the next time we play. Don't worry.

No we wont. Dont worry.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 08:53 PM
No we wont. Dont worry.
I have faith. If we don't I guarantee it won't be a happy day in Reds country. They better.;)

Newport Red
09-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Now that we are all but out of the chase, Albert gets beaned when we play them in Cincinnati..

captainmorgan07
09-02-2007, 09:57 PM
typical tony i hope he doesn't become manager of our club he just annoys me. Pujols needs to be hit next time we play. What still gets me about when harang hit someone in the head tony tried to say it was intentional he needs to go somewhere.

markymark69
09-02-2007, 10:10 PM
typical tony i hope he doesn't become manager of our club he just annoys me. Pujols needs to be hit next time we play. What still gets me about when harang hit someone in the head tony tried to say it was intentional he needs to go somewhere.

Those are my sentiments exactly. If Phillips had done that to Pujols or one of the other Cardinals players, LaRussa would be singing a different tune. He passed over Harang three times to be on the All-Star team because of that beaning. It couldn't have been because he didn't have the numbers. Ridiculous.

I will still root for the Reds if LaRussa becomes the skipper, but he is the last guy I want them to hire. If he's the choice, give me Mackanin.

GoReds33
09-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Those are my sentiments exactly. If Phillips had done that to Pujols or one of the other Cardinals players, LaRussa would be singing a different tune. He passed over Harang three times to be on the All-Star team because of that beaning. It couldn't have been because he didn't have the numbers. Ridiculous.

I will still root for the Reds if LaRussa becomes the skipper, but he is the last guy I want them to hire. If he's the choice, give me Mackanin.As I have said before LaRussa commands respect. If I have to sacrifice not liking the manager for the team to win then so be it.

bounty37h
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
commands, or demands? I have not one ounce of respect for that man.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok, have been gone WAY too long, what happened between Phillips and Albert?

bigredmechanism
09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
larussa is a tool, but the fact of the matter is hes a good coach. his credentials speak for themselves. mark my words, if tony is the manager, playoffs is a strong probability. world series? probably no, but we all know about an inferior team getting hot (cards last year, coached by, thats right tony the tiger killer)

I(heart)Freel
09-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok, have been gone WAY too long, what happened between Phillips and Albert?

Mark your calendar for next Tuesday, 9/11 and await with glee as Pujols steps into the batter's box.

Better still, after he gets plunked, await with even more glee when he has to charge into second on a grounder to short.

I'm giddy.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Mark your calendar for next Tuesday, 9/11 and await with glee as Pujols steps into the batter's box.

Better still, after he gets plunked, await with even more glee when he has to charge into second on a grounder to short.

I'm giddy.

That still didn't clarify what happened between the two....

I(heart)Freel
09-04-2007, 11:03 PM
That still didn't clarify what happened between the two....

Um, sorry. Thought you would google to satisfy your curiosity by now.

Here's my favorite coverage, because only C. Trent is balls-out enough to use the mf quote.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/09/postgame-91.asp

REDblooded
09-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Just a little insight from the other side of the fence. I have a friend who has season tickets for the Cards. He told me that Pujols was instructed by the first base coach to do exactly what he did. Some mumbo jumbo about Pujols nursing a bunch of injuries and they'd rather him not be sliding if he can avoid it.

Triples
09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
What's Pujols back broken too; he didn't even bother bending over to make a legit attempt to get out of the way. Whether Pujols actions were intentional or otherwise, Phillips should have made his throw as if Pujols was not even there. If it hit him in the coconut so be it. The baserunner has to yield (or at least get out of the way) in that circumstance. However, I also think Phillips would have been better served by simply keeping his mouth shut and taken care of the issue on the field. There are lots of ways to get the message across, throw at him, put a knee in his chest on slide, hard tag upside the head, etc, etc. Why do you think this kind of thing rarely ever happened to Cal Ripken Jr.... because the opposing teams knew he would get back at them eventually and he had a long memory. And, the only people that would know about the retailiation would be the guys on the field. I hate the grand standing today's players do in the media.

Just a little insight from the other side of the fence. I have a friend who has season tickets for the Cards. He told me that Pujols was instructed by the first base coach to do exactly what he did. Some mumbo jumbo about Pujols nursing a bunch of injuries and they'd rather him not be sliding if he can avoid it.