reds44
09-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Tomorrow, I believe.

Shades of Ryan Wagner.

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Tomorrow, I believe.

Shades of Ryan Wagner.

Thats a terrible move. The Nationals have nothing to play for. Why bring him up?

dougdirt
09-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Was it in his contract, ala Andrew Miller last year?

M2
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
If it is in Detwiler's contract his agent wasn't doing him any favors.

These contracts practically demand that teams screw up their draftees.

Somebody really ought to be asking, "Kid, do you want to succeed in the majors or is it just about the money? Because you're demanding that we do a lousy job of developing your talent."

GoReds33
09-03-2007, 05:45 PM
If it is in Detwiler's contract his agent wasn't doing him any favors.

These contracts practically demand that teams screw up their draftees.

Somebody really ought to be asking, "Kid, do you want to succeed in the majors or is it just about the money? Because you're demanding that we do a lousy of developing your talent."Yeah. Thats just stupid. I think that a contract like that is extremly detrimental to a young player's development.:cool:

PuffyPig
09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
If he's signed to a major league contract, then you don't have to worry about burning an option year, as you've already used one.

It doesn't matter much, because if he isn't ready when his options are up, the Nationals and he can just agree to waive it and send him down, right?

Like the stupid Reds should have done with Pena.

Prf15
09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
If he's signed to a major league contract, then you don't have to worry about burning an option year, as you've already used one.

It doesn't matter much, because if he isn't ready when his options are up, the Nationals and he can just agree to waive it and send him down, right?

Like the stupid Reds should have done with Pena.

A team can claim someone who is waived. Why would the Reds waive someone with 40 homerun potential. We were able to trade him for a quality starter.

Patrick Bateman
09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
A team can claim someone who is waived. Why would the Reds waive someone with 40 homerun potential. We were able to trade him for a quality starter.

I think you forgot to put your sarcasm detector on.

Prf15
09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I think you forgot to put your sarcasm detector on.

I didn't sense any sarcasm in that post.

PuffyPig
09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I didn't sense any sarcasm in that post.

I think he was referring to my earlier post.

You may not remember how many posters constantly wanted Pena and his agent to rewrite his contract to allow Pena to be sent down.