PDA

View Full Version : Callup question

bounty37h
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I was just reading the report on the Sept callups, they were speaking about the callup of Ryan Hanigan, and that Jorgenson wasn't called up "for personal reasons". Is this personal on his side, the Reds side, or both? Anyone got any scoop?

AmarilloRed
09-06-2007, 03:15 AM
I would imagine that would mean Jorgensen was dealing with a family situation, similar to the family situation Alex has dealt with this year. It is simply a guess, however.

bounty37h
09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Good guess, I wonder if thats it, have you heard of any family issues, or just speculation of an idea? My first instinct was he wasnt happy being sent back down after a decent showing, but I had read he handled it well, so doubt thats it.

jnwohio
09-07-2007, 12:52 AM
I would imagine that would mean Jorgensen was dealing with a family situation, similar to the family situation Alex has dealt with this year. It is simply a guess, however.

I would think it was something along those lines; but I certainly don't know.

Consider this, MLB minimum pay is around $2K per game plus that huge (to us) per diem on the road. By declining recall, Jorgensen walked away from probably at least $50K. It must have been a very important situation that money could not help ease.

thatcoolguy_22
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I would think it was something along those lines; but I certainly don't know.

Consider this, MLB minimum pay is around $2K per game plus that huge (to us) per diem on the road. By declining recall, Jorgensen walked away from probably at least $50K. It must have been a very important situation that money could not help ease.

and now we know the rest of the story...