PDA

View Full Version : I will give someone $5.00 if...

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
They can get WLW to stop playing the Tonya Roberts resort hotel commercial that they try to pass off as an interview. Something irritating about it....ARGH !!!! :)

Ltlabner
09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
They can get WLW to stop playing the Tonya Roberts resort hotel commercial that they try to pass off as an interview. Something irritating about it....ARGH !!!! :)

Amen to that. It's especially annoying if you hear Jim Scott do it on his show, only to have Tonya showing up doing the exact same "interview" on Mike McConnels show 37 minutes later.

Then I drive over to Louisville, Indiananpolis or where ever and there she is again with a different host on a different station.

With all those intereviews, I don't know how she finds time to develop cooking shows.

Red in Chicago
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't comment on this actual subject, but while we're complaining about ads, can someone please choke "Jan" from the Directv commercials where she's screaming and jumping up and down about not having to make a house payment. I really hate her.:bang:

redsfan1966
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I listen to McConnell on a regular basis and you can just tell by the end of the "interview"--where he tells Tanya to repeat the phone number--that he is just fed up with the whole thing...the sarcasm is just dripping from his voice....old Mikey unfortunately has had to swallow some pride since going the syndication route...

Yachtzee
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't mind someone taking out the annoying wife on the Sunsetter Retractable Awnings commercial they play on XM all the time. "Tell them about the discount, Harry!"

LoganBuck
09-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Gary Burbank does the same one as well with Tanya Roberts. His is even worse because it sounds like he just recorded his lines, and they spliced it together with Tanya voice later.

paintmered
09-06-2007, 06:46 AM
None of those commercials are worse than the Fiches Big Boy ads over the last few years. The latest one where customers rap about their wraps is just brutal.

Heath
09-06-2007, 07:05 AM
None of those commercials are worse than the Fiches Big Boy ads over the last few years. The latest one where customers rap about their wraps is just brutal.

I'm sick of hearing of how to "get lost in the taste" of Gold Star.

Seriously, just blow my TV up now.

Ltlabner
09-06-2007, 07:43 AM
"Tell them about the discount, Harry!"

None of those commercials are worse than the Fiches Big Boy ads over the last few years.

I spend a lot of time in the car. And you guys are hitting on some of my "favorite" commericals. Serriously, couldn't they hire some high-school kids to replace whatever meth-heads currently crank out this drivel.

While not nearly as bad as the ones listed above, or the dreaded Tonya Roberts ones, the Grand Victoria and Budwiser (This is Budddddwiser........) comericals are pretty lame too.

GAC
09-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I think Jim Scott is annoying. There is just something about him and George Grande.... they're too nice. ;)

Ltlabner
09-06-2007, 09:11 AM
The Joseph A Bank clothing store commercials are annoying too. They play hyper-melodramatic background music, the annoncers voice is annoying and every sale is 'the best sale of the year'.

Unassisted
09-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Tonya's commercials are running all over the country. They've been here for a couple of years. I've heard them on syndicated shows that run nationally. I've heard them when I've visited other markets. There's no escaping them unless you leave the country.

Googling "Tahiti Village" I've read that Tonya's free stays in Vegas include a hard-sell pitch for timeshares and the hotel "right on the strip" that "you don't pay a dime for" is not one of the Strip's finer lodging establishments.

redsfan1966
09-06-2007, 08:47 PM
GAC...I have met Jim Scott a few times..and yes, he is too nice and it is just as creepy in person....

GoReds33
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM

Seriously, just blow my TV up now.Yeah. That stupid band that plays it on FSN sucks. Get Fergie and I'll watch it.:D

Matt700wlw
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Worst spots ever.

I probably shouldn't say that :)