PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea

Reds1
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok, I never do this. Maybe a 1st, but we are trade partners with the twins and I was thinking outloud. Would you trade
Votto, Dunn, and Weathers for

Lirano and Nathan?

I think I would. I don't want to trade Votto, but to get a potential 1 and a closer I'd probably pull the trigger. Some question on Lirano's arm and of course we are assuming he is to be 100% by spring training. How about Santana? :) Big dollars, but getting rid of 13 million.

Just curious how special some think Votto is.

Thanks.

11BarryLarkin11
09-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't think the Twins would do that. Liriano was as good as, if not better than, Johan before the injury and Nathan is a top flight closer with a reasonably priced option year.

Even if you could get Dunn to waive the no trade protection prior to the deadline, he'd likely be gone after the season. The only long term player in the deal for the Twins is Votto, which doesn't seem likely to be enough to coax them out of Liriano and Nathan.

fearofpopvol1
09-06-2007, 12:58 AM
I'd do it, but the Twins never would. And that's really all that matters.

Scrap Irony
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
I was thinking of this one the other day and came up with the following:

Bailey, Phillips, Votto, and a couple more young-ish prospects (Watson, Pelland, maybe Wood, too) for Liriano/ Santana and Nathan.

That's when I stopped thinking of it.

That's a lot to pay.

Topcat
09-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Don't the Twins have the reigning Mvp playing first base there ;)

PuffyPig
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I was thinking of this one the other day and came up with the following:

Bailey, Phillips, Votto, and a couple more young-ish prospects (Watson, Pelland, maybe Wood, too) for Liriano/ Santana and Nathan.

That's when I stopped thinking of it.

That's a lot to pay.

A small market team like the Reds shouldn't be trading their entire farm system for guys like Santana and Nathan who are 1 year from FA.

Joseph
09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
A small market team like the Reds shouldn't be trading their entire farm system for guys like Santana and Nathan who are 1 year from FA.

Amen to that.

Reds1
09-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I just know the Twins can't afford all these players coming up for FA. Seems like I heard Nathan was on the block and they were going to reup Santana. That's why I was thining Lirano. All I know is we have Votto, Kepp, Bruce, Hopper, EE, Hamilton, Dunn, Hate - They can't all play. I say put everyone on the block and the best pitching deal we roll with it and sort the cards out where they lay. We have some offense - WE NEED PITCHING>

Thanks for comments.