PDA

View Full Version : The Billy Hatcher Thread

ChatterRed
09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Just thought I'd give him some love since we're loving everyone else on the team. Time to give love to the coaches. ;)

Doesn't he hold a world series record for most consecutive hits?

AmarilloRed
09-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I will concede we have a lot of player threads on this forum( a lot of them created by me). It is one way for us to compensate for the lack of this Forum to have a game thread. I would not expect it to be necessary to create threads for coaches, but we do have a number of managerial and GM threads, so who knows?:dunno:

jnwohio
09-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Actually if they look at anybody else internally (aside from Mackanin) for the manager's job, it would probably be Hatcher. So him havign a thread might not be so far off base.

ChatterRed
09-09-2007, 03:12 AM
I'd like someone to answer my question about his world series record.

goreds2
09-09-2007, 07:07 AM
I'd like someone to answer my question about his world series record.

Google is your friend. ;)

Hatcher is also remembered for his fantastic hitting performance for the Reds in the 1990 World Series against the Oakland Athletics. In 1990, Hatcher set a World Series record with seven consecutive hits. In addition, Hatcher's .750 batting average (9 for 12) broke a mark for a four-game World Series that was previously set by Babe Ruth (.625 in 1928). Hatcher though, was not named the Series Most Valuable Player as that honor went to Reds pitcher Josť Rijo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Hatcher_(baseball_player)

Redus
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
we should have given Hatch the interim job to see what he could do.

bigredmechanism
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
ahhh goreds2 you stole my thunder. i knew that w/out google, btw. (not that im a reds nerd like that, i just own a vhs tape of that series and thats something that stuck out) im not positive that its been broken or not, but i think chris sabo had a record for most put outs in a game without and error, or something along the lines of that. in which case, google may be my friend