PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton not playing. HE says it isnt because of his hammy!

redsfan4445
09-09-2007, 01:20 PM
what is up with Pete??? Josh should be playing more.. why isnt PETE playing Josh?? I was at the game last night. He didnt use him to start the game much less pinch hit when he should have in the ninth!!.. now Sheets is pitching, NO JOSH!!
ARGGGG

oneupper
09-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Hamilton tweaked his hammy. He's not going to play if it isn't right.

redsmetz
09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
So I'm waiting for the "Never Mind"

http://media.nebraska.statepaper.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/s-419daaf72bd57-419daafad447c.jpg

mbgrayson
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
From today's Enquirer:
"LINEUP CHANGE: Norris Hopper started for Hamilton Saturday.

"Hamilton had tightness in his hamstrings; his legs have been tight," Mackanin said. "We're just being extremely cautious with him."

Hamilton hopes to return to the lineup today."

Obviously, he is not ready yet.

TeamBoone
09-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Hamilton tweaked his hammy. He's not going to play if it isn't right.

Question already answered.

redsfan4445
09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
i wasnt aware.. thanks for the update..

redsfan4445
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
here is more.. about Josh.
Notes: Reds cautious with Hamilton
Rookie says hamstring not the problem; manager says it is
CINCINNATI -- Rookie outfielder Josh Hamilton has been kept out of the starting lineup the past two games.

Reds interim manager Pete Mackanin said he's being cautious with Hamilton, who's been experiencing tightness in his right hamstring.

Hamilton believes Mackanin has other motives, although he did not offer any specific theories.

"[The hamstring] isn't why I'm not playing," Hamilton said. "It isn't going to feel any different. The tightness is always there. I've had it since Chicago [three weeks ago]."

Hamilton displayed no ill effects Friday when he went 4-for-5 with a double, home run and three runs scored. He's batting .349 in his past 37 games.

Mackanin tried to deflect any controversy prior to Sunday's series finale against Milwaukee.

"[Hamilton] said ... that's not why he's not playing?" Mackanin said. "Well, it is why he's not playing. We're just being very cautious."

Hamilton enters Sunday's finale batting .297 with 19 home runs and 47 RBIs. He currently has a six-game hitting streak.

Mackanin presently has other options in center field, namely Norris Hopper, who's hitting .326. He led the National League with a .425 average in August.

Mackanin did admit that if the Reds were in a pennant race, they might be more apt to play Hamilton, hamstring soreness and all.

"He's got such a huge upside," said Mackanin. "He's done so well for a rookie. If we were in the middle of a race, maybe we'd take our chances. Right now, that doesn't make much sense."

Sooo what is the reason Josh thinks he isnt playing??

icehole3
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I like how McKanin handled it, nip it in the bud. Youre hurt and we're not in the race, they need to see other guys. The race is over.

chicoruiz
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
"He's got such a huge upside," said Mackanin. "

I remember when I had a huge upside...now all I have is a huge backside...

mbgrayson
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Hamilton pinch hits in the bottom of the 9th. He lines a HARD one hopper to 2nd, and is thrown out at first. Game over....

WVRedsFan
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Thy rookie shalt not question thy manager...

He may never play again.

Norris Hopper for Josh Hamilton. Why does that make me shake my head? Why is Krivsky attracted to the likes of Jerry Narron (who he cried over) and Pete Mackanin?

KronoRed
09-10-2007, 02:29 AM
No reason to play him hurt, we've all seen what he can do.

Heath
09-10-2007, 12:09 PM
No reason to play him hurt, we've all seen what he can do.

Stupid thought - now that Hamilton's not going to be the ROY, will he be shut down?

flyer85
09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Player says he is OK to play, manager insinuates(doesn't say outright) that the player is sitting because of an injury.

Typical Reds cloak and dagger stuff. The organization can't get out if its own way. It is hard to know what to think about anything with this team.

Sea Ray
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I think this is just a case of Hamilton saying to the fanbase: "I'm not soft. I can play hurt."

StillFunkyB
09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I think this is just a case of Hamilton saying to the fanbase: "I'm not soft. I can play hurt."

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd rather have him sit more now. What happens if he tears that hammy and misses time next year. Not good.