PDA

View Full Version : Cubs or Cards

RedsFan75
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
So in this series between the Cubs and Cards who ya pulling for?

Personally, and it's all a personal thing, I want to see the Cubs get swept. :) In-Laws live in South Central Ill, and they are more Cards fans and most of the town they live in as well.... But this year seems every house when we visit is sprouting Cubs flags, or stuff, my Father-in-law gets irritated at the band-wagonner's and keeps telling everyone that the Cubs are still the Cubs and will find a way to mess it up!

Plus, I hate the Cub Fan invasions at various ballparks, so I'll vote Cards.

Johnny Footstool
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Cards. The Cubs are simply insufferable.

oneupper
09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Not a series. Makeup game.

RedsFan75
09-10-2007, 11:06 AM
The Series starts Friday for 4 games I believe.

KronoRed
09-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Cards, the Cubs being bad is good for humanity.

oneupper
09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Go Brewers!

RichRed
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Cards. The Cubs are simply insufferable.

Word.

pahster
09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Cubs. I live in Missouri.

But in the division? Brewers.

PuffyPig
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I'd hope for the Yankees before I pulled for the Cards.

Nuff said.

missionhockey21
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Go Brewers!
Yup. I can't stand the Cubs or the Cards, let them split the series while the Brew Crew gains.

Tom Servo
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
God, I hate them all.

Strikes Out Looking
09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I want the team that is behind to win 1 more remaining game between the two of these teams. I also want the Brewers to win the division because I hate the whiny Cub fans and the cheatin' Cards.

And because I have to choose between the three barely .500 teams, I am once again reminded about how upset I am about the Reds horrible play in May and June.

paulrichjr
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
If the Reds had just kept playing good the rest of the division did their part... Sad. It is amazing that the team that I root for cannot win in a division that is this bad.

Brewers by the way but if I had to choose Cards or Cubs I would say Cubs. My whole family besides my boys are Cards fans and I don't think I could take another year like last year.

TOBTTReds
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm pulling for whoever is in 3rd. So right now, the Cards. If they pull even, then the Cards as well. If the Cards are ever ahead of the Cubs, then the Cubs. Whatever keeps teams of the Brewers tail.

Danny Serafini
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I'll take the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs, and the Brewers are costing me money in a bet that didn't work out well.

RedsFan75
09-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm pulling for whoever is in 3rd. So right now, the Cards. If they pull even, then the Cards as well. If the Cards are ever ahead of the Cubs, then the Cubs. Whatever keeps teams of the Brewers tail.

I think this statement best sums up my thoughts on it, I would LOVE to see the Cubs finish 3rd.

I think that the biggest thing there is related to the pre-season predictions of this being the Cubs year. Love to see it come tumbling down and love to see the Brewers take the Central.

vaticanplum
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Cardinals. The Cubs are genuinely a better team than the Brewers, though. They may be a better team than the Cards. They bought it -- it's expensive talent smorgasboard, not cohesive or creative team building -- but it's there.

OnBaseMachine
09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Brewers.

But if it came down to the Cubs or Cardinals, go CUBS! I can't stand the Cardinals.

LvJ
09-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Cards 2 out of 3 hopefully and Brewers sweep.

M2
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
The NL is bizarre this year. About two weeks ago St. Louis was poised to blow past the Cubs and Brewers and now its in danger of getting dropped. The Dodgers and Brewers were on their death beds two weeks ago and both have revived themselves. The D-Backs looked ready to get passed by the Padres and now they've won five straight. The Phillies seem to change from series to series. Sometimes they're awesome, other times they roll over. Every time the Mets seem ready to run away and hide from the rest of the league they have a bad week and the rest of the league stays in touch.

Though I'm with AvesIce, I'm rooting for the Cardinals to beat the Cubs right now so that perhaps the Brewers can surge ahead in the division.

vaticanplum
09-10-2007, 08:24 PM
The NL is bizarre this year. About two weeks ago St. Louis was poised to blow past the Cubs and Brewers and now its in danger of getting dropped. The Dodgers and Brewers were on their death beds two weeks ago and both have revived themselves. The D-Backs looked ready to get passed by the Padres and now they've won five straight. The Phillies seem to change from series to series. Sometimes they're awesome, other times they roll over. Every time the Mets seem ready to run away and hide from the rest of the league they have a bad week and the rest of the league stays in touch.

What is this nonsense you're talking about?

It is SEPTEMBER BASEBALL!!!!

M2
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
What is this nonsense you're talking about?

It is SEPTEMBER BASEBALL!!!!

I didn't say it's not fun, but usually by this time of year the lead pack has surged ahead. This season in the NL its been surges followed by collapses almost across the board.

Meanwhile in the AL, Boston, Cleveland, L.A. and New York can start printing playoff tickets. I suppose the Yankees could drop the Wild Card still, but it seems extremely unlikely.

WVRedsFan
09-11-2007, 01:09 AM
I hate them all. I hate the Cubs because their fans come and take over our stadium. I hate the Cards mainly because of George Grande and his "brilliant" explantion to all of us why the "gold glovers" over there are so superior to us, including his friend, "Albert." I hate the Brewers because Bud Seling lives there and once was part of the ownership team, but more for the fact that they have average players who absolutely kill us.

I just have to hope that no matter who wins the Central, they face a quick death in the playoffs so that good teams can play in the rest of the games.

I won't root for any of them.

Ron Madden
09-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm not too crazy about any of the three.

I hate St. Louis the least, followed by the Brewers but then I really hate the Cubs. ;)

camisadelgolf
09-11-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm rooting for the Brewers, and I think they will pull it off. I hate the Cardinals, and it amuses me to see the Cubs lose.

RedsBaron
09-11-2007, 06:27 AM
I would rathe see the Cardinals win, as the Cubs and the Brewers are my two least favorite NL Central teams.

SirFelixCat
09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Go Brewers!

:thumbup:

RedsFan75
09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
So with the Reds taking the Cards down a couple, the Brewers can't seem to win, and the Cubs are gaining.....

Makes the next few games something else!

Wow!

September Baseball!

KronoRed
09-13-2007, 01:19 PM
The NL C champ should be left out of the playoffs and someone should get a first round bye

mth123
09-15-2007, 04:07 PM
The Cubs just gave the Cardinals there 9th straight loss. I know its sacreligious around here to say anything good about the Cubs, but I think a rotation of Zambrano, Lilly, Hill and Marshall with a deep bullpen of Dempster, Marmol, Howry, Wood, Eyre and Wuertz looks like a team that could do a lot of damage in the post season. If the weather gets a little colder those pitchers could dominate. I just don't see any team in the Central that can match the Cubs pitching.

RedlegJake
09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
You know, I don't even care. I guess overall if the Reds can't win I'd prefer to see the long suffering Brewers fans get some joy but basically, I hate everyone who doesn't wear a big wishbone C. Cubs - I hate their fans, obnoxious idiots, but I like Lou. Cards fans are baseball savvy but I'm sick of them always seeming to win it, and I can't stand LaRussa. Houston fans may be the worst of all however. I hope the Reds beat everyone and let the chips fall where they fall. This year, we're in Mudville. Ain't no joy. Just that hope for next year.

Matt700wlw
09-15-2007, 04:48 PM
This is like deciding on jamming this pencil in my leg or my eye...

Yachtzee
09-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I pick meteor, as in a meteor falls on the playing field, taking out both teams. ;)

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Easy..Cards..the Cubs are evil