PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry Week #2 Bengals vs Browns Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

Joseph
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Ok, this is a big board line of demarcation. Let's boast and predict.

Bengals 127
Browns -58

Ok, maybe not.

How about: Bengals 31, Browns 6

wally post
09-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Bengals 24
Browns 12

The Browns will put up a fight and the Bengals will let it relax - hopefully not too much!

Matt700wlw
09-11-2007, 04:41 PM
They SHOULD pound them...win by 20 or more? That sounds good......Of course if they only win by 1, it still counts the same.

Just don't overlook them....they're what the Bengals used to be.

Johnny Footstool
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
I think the Bengals will score 17 points.

Off turnovers.

The offense will put up another 28 or so the old fashioned way.

Degenerate39
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
35-17 Bengals

Reds Fanatic
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Bengals 28
Browns 13

As a Bengals fan the thing I worry about this week is a letdown. When they put so much energy into a big game like last night they tend to not be as sharp the next week against a team they should dominate.

registerthis
09-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I won't predict a score, but I will say that this shouldn't even be a game. The Clowns looked beyond lost on Sunday.

Now, watch, the Bungles will show up and will lose 9-7 or something ridiculous like that.

BoydsOfSummer
09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Browns 20
Girls 17

HotCorner
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
You know your franchise has hit rock bottom when you trade your Week 1 starting QB before Week 2.

Bengals 34
Browns 3

WMR
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Bengals 49
Browns 10

DoogMinAmo
09-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Browns 20
Girls 17

How are the Browns going to score 20 points? Not to say they won't, but I find it highly unlikely after the week they just had, and trading away their starting QB.

Homerism at its finest, almost like a Bengals fan of the 90s.

Matt700wlw
09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
How are the Browns going to score 20 points? Not to say they won't, but I find it highly unlikely after the week they just had, and trading away their starting QB.

Homerism at its finest, almost like a Bengals fan of the 90s.

I'm not sure they could score 20 without an opposing defense on the field....

With that, somehow the Bengals will let it happen....:D (I hope I don't mean that)

remdog
09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
.....almost like a Bengals fan of the 90s.

:lol: Re Boyds: I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

Rem

uoduck1017
09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I think the most exciting part of this game will be Chad's new celebration. (assuming he scores)

MWM
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
This is a prime candidate for a letdown for the Bengals. I think they should still win, but I wouldn't expect a blow out. I'd expect something like 23-20, Benglas.

CTA513
09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
98-3 Bengals

GAC
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
I wasn't that impressed with the Bengal's win last night. The opposition has 6 turnovers and you only win by 7?

Don't get me wrong - I was rooting for the Bengals and I'm no fan of Baltimore; but the Bengals could have very easily lost last night against a bumbling football team. I'm glad they didn't.

Pittsburgh used a blitz package of overload, cornerback and zone blitzes to consistently harass the Browns' QB. If the Bengals can do that, then yeah, it could be a blow out. But I don't think the Bengals have the personal to consistently do that as the Steelers did.

But I think the Bengals will be surprised by the Brown's defense. Our bumbling offense, with 5 turnovers and myriads of penalties, put our defense in tough spots (short field situations). You can't keep running your defense out on the field as much as the Brown's did Sunday, and do so in short field situations and consistently expect them to hold up. It wears on them. Our only problem is that we will be facing to offenses next Sunday..... ours and the Bengals! Our offense may score more points for you then Palmer. :lol:

27-17 Bengals

Matt700wlw
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I wasn't that impressed with the Bengal's win last night. The opposition has 6 turnovers and you only win by 7?

http://www.laughforfree.net/images/Debbie_Downer.jpg

:)

11larkin11
09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
You know your franchise has hit rock bottom when you trade your Week 1 starting QB before Week 2.

Bengals 34
Browns 3

Not when he should have been third string, or traded before Week 1. He was the third best QB on this team, but had starting experience. He looks worse now than his first ever game, has never shown improvement, still stares down receivers, holds on to the ball too long, has a weak arm, and throws 3 yards passes incomplete by 5 yards.

uoduck1017
09-12-2007, 12:06 AM

That Ravens D is TOUGH! Lewis, Suggs, Scott, McAllister, Rolle, Reed, Ngata. I don't care if the Ravens had 15 turnovers. Any win is a great win over that team.

Cedric
09-12-2007, 01:12 AM
The Bengals were flying around and making plays. Surprised the hell out of me.

The Brownies don't have a shot in this one. They will be 2-0 when I get to watch them in person whip the Seahawks. And yes that's bragging.

BoydsOfSummer
09-12-2007, 02:33 AM
That was a putrid display of football last Sunday by the Browns. No denying that. But, they are a better team than that, trust me. Hopefully the Bengals are as cocky and dismissive as a lot of their fans.

camisadelgolf
09-12-2007, 04:04 AM
I think the Bengals will go easy on them, send out the JV team, and win by 30-6.

sonny
09-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Rudy is averaging 147 and 4.7 ypc against the Brownies in his career. I see a big game from him, but a bigger one for Palmer and his recievers.

38-7

wolfboy
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
That was a putrid display of football last Sunday by the Browns. No denying that. But, they are a better team than that, trust me. Hopefully the Bengals are as cocky and dismissive as a lot of their fans.

When the Bengals stunk up the joint for years, we used to rely on the other team overlooking us. We always believed those Bungles were better than that putrid performance on the field. Sorry about your team. I know how it feels.

and fyi: at the end of the season, when your will has been shattered, the browns might steal a win you didn't expect. don't get your hopes up. they'll still be a bad team.

35-14

kaldaniels
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I think the most exciting part of this game will be Chad's new celebration. (assuming he scores)

Browns fan here...hopes aren't high for the game as a whole...but just remember. Mr. Bodden has had has way with CJ at times in the past.

cincy jacket
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
For the Browns fans on here... is the draft pick you traded to get Brady Quinn protected at all or is it even if you get the 1st pick in the draft you still are going to lose it?

My Prediction for the game:
Bengals 34
Browns 13

NJReds
09-12-2007, 01:15 PM
For the Browns fans on here... is the draft pick you traded to get Brady Quinn protected at all or is it even if you get the 1st pick in the draft you still are going to lose it?

My Prediction for the game:
Bengals 34
Browns 13

Cowboys fan here. Nope. The pick belongs to Dallas no matter where it is. Go Bengals.

HotCorner
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Don't get me wrong - I was rooting for the Bengals and I'm no fan of Baltimore; but the Bengals could have very easily lost last night against a bumbling football team. I'm glad they didn't.

The Ravens defense didn't bumble. The only part of Baltimore's team that "bumbled" would have been their offense. Yet the Bengals get no credit for causing the bumbling. They were just the fortunate receipents. :rolleyes:

Didn't the Bengals shout out the Browns late last season? What has changed to think anything will be different?

HotCorner
09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Not when he should have been third string, or traded before Week 1. He was the third best QB on this team, but had starting experience. He looks worse now than his first ever game, has never shown improvement, still stares down receivers, holds on to the ball too long, has a weak arm, and throws 3 yards passes incomplete by 5 yards.

What does this say about the Browns' player evaluation methods and overall plan?

uoduck1017
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Browns fan here...hopes aren't high for the game as a whole...but just remember. Mr. Bodden has had has way with CJ at times in the past.

I will agree with you there. I remember last year's game in Cincy (or maybe the year before) where he shut down Chad the whole game but then got the PI call near the end. Shayne Graham then kicked the GW field goal. Last year in Cleveland, it was Chris Henry who had the big game with 2 touchdowns. My prediction is the Bengals will give Rudi the rock...a lot.

GAC
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
The Ravens defense didn't bumble. The only part of Baltimore's team that "bumbled" would have been their offense. Yet the Bengals get no credit for causing the bumbling. They were just the fortunate receipents.

No one, including myself, is denying that the Bengals didn't take advantage of the Ravens offensive miscues. Nor did I say that the Bengals shouldn't get any credit for causing some of those miscues. My point was that with a team having 6 turnovers and playing like they were - and I'm referring to the Ravens - they still were in the game, at one point had the lead, and were driving till the very end. But didn't I say earlier that I'm glad the Bengals won, and I was rooting for them?

Didn't the Bengals shout out the Browns late last season? What has changed to think anything will be different?

The Browns were riddled with alot of key injuries last season. That is not saying they would have performed much better, but those injuries really set us back.

Look - no Browns fan is going to deny the woes of the Browns. And whether you want to acknowledsge it or not, this team does have some talent (weapons) up north. As far as off-season changes, the Browns have made some moves to address their biggest concerns...the offensive line, with rookie Thomas and FA acquistion Eric Steinbach.... and QB, with the drafting of Quinn. They have also made other acquistions of young players in the last two drafts that I think will impact this club in the immediate future.

So no one, including myself, isn't realistically looking at this season and realizing that the Browns will still have their struggles. And part of that problem may very well be Crennel himself.

I'm glad for Bengals fans, and that their team's fortunes have turned over the last few years. I follow and root for the Bengals. But what I don't like seeing is Bengal fans getting on their "high horse" and acting kind of arrogant while denying their very recent history and woes, as if it never existed.

In the last 16 years, with team has an overall losing record, with only one winning season, and one playoff appearance?

Answer: both the Bengals and Browns

MWM
09-12-2007, 09:28 PM
GAC, what you're not considering is the fact that the score of the game, due to the turnovers, is what allowed the Benglas to play a little more conservative. You play a style based on the current game situation. When you've got a lead like the Bengals had most of the game, the tendency is to not do anything stupid to give the other team a quick score. So I think you're WAY overblowing the "6 turnovers yet they were still in the game."

Ben
09-12-2007, 10:00 PM
No one, including myself, is denying that the Bengals didn't take advantage of the Ravens offensive miscues. Nor did I say that the Bengals shouldn't get any credit for causing some of those miscues. My point was that with a team having 6 turnovers and playing like they were - and I'm referring to the Ravens - they still were in the game, at one point had the lead, and were driving till the very end. But didn't I say earlier that I'm glad the Bengals won, and I was rooting for them?

The Browns were riddled with alot of key injuries last season. That is not saying they would have performed much better, but those injuries really set us back.

Look - no Browns fan is going to deny the woes of the Browns. And whether you want to acknowledsge it or not, this team does have some talent (weapons) up north. As far as off-season changes, the Browns have made some moves to address their biggest concerns...the offensive line, with rookie Thomas and FA acquistion Eric Steinbach.... and QB, with the drafting of Quinn. They have also made other acquistions of young players in the last two drafts that I think will impact this club in the immediate future.

So no one, including myself, isn't realistically looking at this season and realizing that the Browns will still have their struggles. And part of that problem may very well be Crennel himself.

I'm glad for Bengals fans, and that their team's fortunes have turned over the last few years. I follow and root for the Bengals. But what I don't like seeing is Bengal fans getting on their "high horse" and acting kind of arrogant while denying their very recent history and woes, as if it never existed.

In the last 16 years, with team has an overall losing record, with only one winning season, and one playoff appearance?

GAC, I agree 100% with your terrific post. I think the Browns are starting to assemble the pieces to become a successful NFL team. Even as a Bengals fan, I can recognize that. Being a lifelong Bengals fan, this years Browns remind me alot of the 2003 team we had (IIRC we lost our first four games and in those games we weren't even close). However, there is one striking difference in the 2003 Bengals team and the current Browns team. A veteren QB willing to tutor the young phenom. That IMO is holding the Browns back from being a contending football team.

Anyway back to Sunday's game:I think that the Browns put up a good fight and make it respectable but I feel that the Bengals will win 28-17

HotCorner
09-12-2007, 10:33 PM

GAC ... Sorry if it came off that way. It wasn't my intention. The Browns have been agressive in the FA market the past couple of seasons and stock piling some good young talent via the draft.

However the intention of my post was based from my frustration that whenever the Bengals defense forces a team in multiple turnovers it's viewed as that team gave the ball away as opposed to the Bengals defense actually forcing them. The only "gimme" turnover the Bengals got Monday night was the botched handoff exchange between McNair and McGahee.

Sorry if it came off other than that.

macro
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
FWIW, the Bengals are only a 6.5-7.5 point favorite (http://covers.usatoday.com/data/odds.aspx). The Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jaguars, Bears, and Broncos all are double-digit favorites, on the other hand. It would seem that Vegas and the betting public don't trust the Bengals.

WVRed
09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
It depends on who starts at QB for the Browns. Rookie QBs have a tendency to overperform against Cincinnati, so if Quinn starts, he could have an impressive debut.

I'm going 34-6. Lee Bodden does shut down Chad, but TJ and Rudi will more than make up for it.

SunDeck
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Bengals, 24-7.

Fil3232
09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
FWIW, the Bengals are only a 6.5-7.5 point favorite (http://covers.usatoday.com/data/odds.aspx). The Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jaguars, Bears, and Broncos all are double-digit favorites, on the other hand. It would seem that Vegas and the betting public don't trust the Bengals.

All those teams (except the Colts) are also playing at home, which is bumping their lines by 3.0 points.

BuckWoody
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM

You had me until that statement, Greg. A decade+ of misery precludes someone from being optimistic about their team? Come on! The Bengals are currently one of the better teams in the league (in the top half anyway) and the Browns are currently one of the worst. Why shouldn't Bengals' fans be expecting a win this week? I can certainly envision some plausible scenarios under which the Browns could win...but I can envision a helluva lot more under which the Bengals could win.

I guess I'll sit here on my "high horse" and say Bengals 31 Browns 17.

macro
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
All those teams (except the Colts) are also playing at home, which is bumping their lines by 3.0 points.

That's true. So, just so I understand...if the site were PBS, would that swing the spread by a total of six points? I would think that moving it to a neutral field would swing it three points and then on to PBS would be another three. Is that right?

OSUredsFAN
09-13-2007, 11:37 AM
That's true. So, just so I understand...if the site were PBS, would that swing the spread by a total of six points? I would think that moving it to a neutral field would swing it three points and then on to PBS would be another three. Is that right?

Your right, if this game was at PBS with the same spread, it would -12.5/-13 for the Who Dey's

guttle11
09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Bengals 31-13, Pretty close game with a late score to open it up.

You're not going to see me picking a blowout over a division rival. I think the Browns will pound Jamal Lewis all day long and shorten the game. It'll be a fairly even game, but the Bengals are just better.

Going out on a limb: Jonathan Joseph gets an INT and returns it for a TD. Just a hunch.

Playadlc
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Bengals 21
Browns 20

This game will go down to the wire.

uoduck1017
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Going out on a limb: Jonathan Joseph gets an INT and returns it for a TD. Just a hunch.

Jonathan will need to get some stick 'em because he has dropped quite a few INT balls in his young career. He should turn out to be a fantastic cornerback, but catching the football is not his strong-suit.

camisadelgolf
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
It depends on who starts at QB for the Browns. Rookie QBs have a tendency to overperform against Cincinnati, so if Quinn starts, he could have an impressive debut.

I'm going 34-6. Lee Bodden and the other two guys who triple team him do shut down Chad, but TJ and Rudi will more than make up for it.

I fixed it for you. ;)

GAC
09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
GAC, what you're not considering is the fact that the score of the game, due to the turnovers, is what allowed the Benglas to play a little more conservative. You play a style based on the current game situation. When you've got a lead like the Bengals had most of the game, the tendency is to not do anything stupid to give the other team a quick score. So I think you're WAY overblowing the "6 turnovers yet they were still in the game."

Why would play conservative when the opposition was never really out of the game? Especially a division opponent?

The Bengals bburned the Browns twice last year by big scores. I didn't see them playing conservative then just because of the opposition's miscues and bumbling.

GAC
09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
GAC, I agree 100% with your terrific post. I think the Browns are starting to assemble the pieces to become a successful NFL team. Even as a Bengals fan, I can recognize that. Being a lifelong Bengals fan, this years Browns remind me alot of the 2003 team we had (IIRC we lost our first four games and in those games we weren't even close). However, there is one striking difference in the 2003 Bengals team and the current Browns team. A veteren QB willing to tutor the young phenom. That IMO is holding the Browns back from being a contending football team.

Bingo Ben.... and I said the very same thing the other day about the Browns not having a vet QB (which is why I think they resigned Dorsey) to mentor a kid like Quinn.

Heath
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
The Browns won 4 games last year, 3 of the wins were against playoff teams.

If Derek Anderson plays like he did against the Chiefs last December (which has a very similar defense to Cincinnati) the Browns will be in it to the end.

I expect the Browns to be better the week. But not enough for the Bengals.

31-20 Cincinnati.

GAC
09-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Right now, I have pretty much lost all faith in Crennel effectively running this team. When they hired him I thought, due to his defensive qualifications, he would be a "Marvin Lewis", and that is a good thing. He appears to be clueless at this stage.

If it's not turned around somewhat this year, then I don't think he'll make it through the entire season.

Former NFL coaches Shula and Ditka say Quinn should be starting.

And why I think Chad Johnson is an idiot!......

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/blawg/post.php?id=7304

Chad eyes Dawg Pound, Canton

Browns fans, Chad Johnson says he's coming to you. Johnson, the Bengals' do-it-all, say-it-all, entertaining-as-all wide receiver started his conference call with the Cleveland media Wednesday by saying he has a different touchdown celebration planned for each week, but he doesn't "give previews."

Later, he did. Following up a promise he made last year but failed to fulfill, Johnson said if he scores on Sunday, he's jumping into the Dawg Pound.

Yes. That's a star player, enemy of all Dawgs, vowing to jump into one of the least-friendly places in the NFL.

I really hope he does it. I have several friends who are going to be at that game and will be in the Dawg Pound. They said it's the only time they will waste their beer (by throwing it at him). And they don't care if they get escorted out either. :lol:

After making such a public annoncement, does he think those fans in the DP aren't going to be prepared for him IF he does it? It will be like throwing a kitty into a pen of abused, hungry pit bulls. They'll tear him up.

So that is why I think he's all mouth in this particular situation and won't really do it. He'll probably do his little "show" in front of, and out of the reach of, those fans in the DP.

He can't be that stupid is he?

I know, because he is one of your own, that Bengal fans find Johnson's antics "entertaining". I know Johnson defines it as such. I define it as showboating and taunting the opposition. And I don't care who it is doing it. Last season our own Braylon Edwards liked to show that "side" also and I wholeheartedly disagreed with it. It's not only not necessary IMO; but a few times that he did it, it cost/hurt our team who was hit with 15 yd penalties.

I think Johnson is one very talented young receiver. I just think his emotionalism and antics aren't necessary, and really don't help his team. I bet Marvin, if he really could speak out, also doesn't care for them.

HotCorner
09-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like Leigh Bodden will be out for Sunday's game. If this is true, Chad could have a monster day.

Tommyjohn25
09-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Right now, I have pretty much lost all faith in Crennel effectively running this team. When they hired him I thought, due to his defensive qualifications, he would be a "Marvin Lewis", and that is a good thing. He appears to be clueless at this stage.

If it's not turned around somewhat this year, then I don't think he'll make it through the entire season.

Former NFL coaches Shula and Ditka say Quinn should be starting.

And why I think Chad Johnson is an idiot!......

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/blawg/post.php?id=7304

Chad eyes Dawg Pound, Canton

Browns fans, Chad Johnson says he's coming to you. Johnson, the Bengals' do-it-all, say-it-all, entertaining-as-all wide receiver started his conference call with the Cleveland media Wednesday by saying he has a different touchdown celebration planned for each week, but he doesn't "give previews."

Later, he did. Following up a promise he made last year but failed to fulfill, Johnson said if he scores on Sunday, he's jumping into the Dawg Pound.

Yes. That's a star player, enemy of all Dawgs, vowing to jump into one of the least-friendly places in the NFL.

I really hope he does it. I have several friends who are going to be at that game and will be in the Dawg Pound. They said it's the only time they will waste their beer (by throwing it at him). And they don't care if they get escorted out either. :lol:

After making such a public annoncement, does he think those fans in the DP aren't going to be prepared for him IF he does it? It will be like throwing a kitty into a pen of abused, hungry pit bulls. They'll tear him up.

So that is why I think he's all mouth in this particular situation and won't really do it. He'll probably do his little "show" in front of, and out of the reach of, those fans in the DP.

He can't be that stupid is he?

I know, because he is one of your own, that Bengal fans find Johnson's antics "entertaining". I know Johnson defines it as such. I define it as showboating and taunting the opposition. And I don't care who it is doing it. Last season our own Braylon Edwards liked to show that "side" also and I wholeheartedly disagreed with it. It's not only not necessary IMO; but a few times that he did it, it cost/hurt our team who was hit with 15 yd penalties.

I think Johnson is one very talented young receiver. I just think his emotionalism and antics aren't necessary, and really don't help his team. I bet Marvin, if he really could speak out, also doesn't care for them.

If Chad Johnson jumps into the Dawg Pound, he will come out injured. I don't think he's bold/dumb enough to actually do it. This coming from a fan of either team.

BoydsOfSummer
09-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I promise you, if he does that he will be assaulted. The league should be on top of that already with a warning that he will be fined and suspended. Stop it before it escalates. It can cause nothing but problems.

I don't think he has enough sack, personally, and he's just stirring it up. It would just be a shame to see loyal Dawg Pounders banned from future games because of that ass-clown.

BoydsOfSummer
09-15-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/sports.aol.com/fanhouse/media/2007/05/palmersausagefark1.jpg

BoydsOfSummer
09-15-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/BengalsHat.jpg

BoydsOfSummer
09-15-2007, 04:10 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/ksp113/FOX%20Sports%20Blog%20Images/TheBengalsEquation2.jpg

wheels
09-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Those last three posts are hilarious, and I'm Bengals fan.

I really wish the Browns were better, because it's not really any fun messing with Browns fans right now.

I know how it feels when your favorite team doesn't even even seem like it belongs in the NFL.

Matt700wlw
09-15-2007, 08:48 PM

That's so last year....

:)

RedFanAlways1966
09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Bengals 31 - Browns 13

Chad Johnson has some sort of device (ala the Future HOF coat) that he will use on the bench to show off to the Dawg Pound. It won't be mean or negative, but something funny. Maybe he actually will eat a large sized Milk Bone Dog Biscuit?

Matt700wlw
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Chad...I would advise not jumping into the Dawg Pound....

RedFanAlways1966
09-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Who? My guess is Leigh Bodden at Hopkins Int'l Airport... ;)

TeamSelig
09-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe he will have a fake dawg pound staged.

Also, who intentionally tries to injure a player just for celebrating/poking fun?

WMR
09-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Also, who intentionally tries to injure a player just for celebrating/poking fun?

Browns fans.

GAC
09-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Bengals 31 - Browns 13

Chad Johnson has some sort of device (ala the Future HOF coat) that he will use on the bench to show off to the Dawg Pound. It won't be mean or negative, but something funny. Maybe he actually will eat a large sized Milk Bone Dog Biscuit?

You mean the jawbone of an ass? :D

GAC
09-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Maybe he will have a fake dawg pound staged.

You see it as celebrating/poking fun; but alot of other fans (and not just in Cleveland either) see it as taunting and/or rubbing it in your face. It's just not necessary to do so. Especially on someone else's home turf.

And if it were to spur a violent reaction from the fans then you're right, it wouldn't be right, but fans (when also mixing in alcohol) are unpredictable. And I guarantee you that Bengal fans would not like it one bit, and are just as culpable of wanting to react violently, if the situation were reversed and it were to happen at PBS. Maybe an opposing team dancing and stomping on the Bengal's emblem at mid-field in celebration?

I'm just tired of seeing these "In Ya Face!" antics, as a whole, throughout the NFL. I like hard hitting, in the trenches football as much as anyone (I'm an old AFC guy); but you can still do it with some dignity and class without taunting the opposition's players and fans.

Highlifeman21
09-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Maybe it's indigestion, maybe it's heartburn, but I just don't have a good feeling about today.

For whatever reason, I could see this being a downright ugly game, and the Browns winning with a late FG.

RedsBaron
09-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Bengals 34, Browns 17.....and RedsBaron ticked off because my local CBS affiliate is showing the Steelers game instead of the Bengals game.

GAC
09-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Bengals 34, Browns 17.....and RedsBaron ticked off because my local CBS affiliate is showing the Steelers game instead of the Bengals game.

Last year Columbus 10, which use to be very reliable at broadcasting the Brown's games every Sunday, started showing mostly Bengals. I was ticked, but it probably had alot to do with the Brown's sucktitude. ;)

WMR
09-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Nice opening drive boys!

Rudi's FIRST EVER receiving TD... that surprised me, figured he'd have had at least one b/f now...

WMR
09-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Browns fans booing their offense after their first drive is ineffective... How long until Quinn is inserted??

Joseph
09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Why would they need Quinn when they are moving the ball this effectively. Almost embarrassing that they've scored twice.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Can't have anymore turnovers or they'll lose.

Pathetic effort all around thus far.

Joseph
09-16-2007, 01:58 PM
The bengals should be ashamed, ashamed I say.

Heath
09-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Can a Browns fan gloat just for a little bit?

What a lovely day for a football game.

Oxilon
09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
I had a feeling this could be somewhat of a letdown game for the Bengals, coming off the dramatic win against the Ravens last Monday. However, I really think the Bengals are just too good to lose to the Browns, and they'll pull away in the second half.

Heath
09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I see the Browns are playing against two types of stripes again.

Oh well.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
That was a bad call.

The look on TJ's face was priceless. He knew...

macro
09-16-2007, 02:23 PM
That was a bad call.

The look on TJ's face was priceless. He knew...

He's got to remember that cameras are watching their every move, even on the sidelines, and don't think that the official who made that call won't see or be told about his reaction. Even if not intentional, he kinda showed up the official.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Geesh. This is going to be a long year.

Would someone tell me how it is possible to have two franchises in the same town that have the same problems year after year?

No pitching, ever. No defense and special teams, ever.

GAC
09-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I have to say I am totally impressed by the INSPIRED (and I do mean inspired) play of the Browns on both sides of the ball.

And these refs have not been our friends..... TJ knew he didn't have the TD catch. ;)

27-21 Browns at the half

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't know that I'd call giving up 21 points in a half inspired, but okay.

Falls City Beer
09-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Or the Browns scoring 27 points against the Bengals' D. :p:

Pretty much par for the course, no?

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, but I didn't say the Bengals were playing inspired defense did I? ;)

They will blow another season becuase they absoloutely refuse to address the problem that has stopped them from winning for 20 years.

We don't need any more offense, boys.

uoduck1017
09-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hopefully right now Marvin Lewis is threatening to attack any Bengals player with his crutches. This has been an absolutely disgusting performance, and if they don't get their heads in the game, Cleveland could very well win it.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I just don't understand how their defense always sucks. Year after year, they can't stop anybody.

WVRed
09-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but I didn't say the Bengals were playing inspired defense did I? ;)

They will blow another season becuase they absoloutely refuse to address the problem that has stopped them from winning for 20 years.

We don't need any more offense, boys.

Unless Carson Palmer suffers a career ending injury, the Bengals better be selecting a defensive lineman in this years draft.

MrCinatit
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
The Bengals have a very long way to go before they are true Super Bowl contenders.

uoduck1017
09-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I just don't get it...how can you blitz McNair and get so much pressure on him in the opener, and then sit on your hands and let Derek Anderson tear you apart. :dunno:

Joseph
09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
The Bengals have a very long way to go before they are true Super Bowl contenders.

Clearly. Our defense is playing down to the level of the competition yet again, well technically a notch below the competition again.

Cleveland scoring 27 so far....pathetic.

cincy jacket
09-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Why try and do that when Rudi was slashing them

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 02:59 PM
"Lets stop running the ball, it's working too well"

Reds Fanatic
09-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Horrible play call going for the QB sneak there.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:07 PM

14. The refs gave you 7. ;)

Compared to the egg they laid last week? Yeah, I'd say they are playing somewhat inspired and wanting to provethat last week was an aberration.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Well when you are on pace to give up 42 points in a game, I'd say you are laying another egg.

If that's improvement you're in trouble.

dougdirt
09-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Man.... I don't even know if I want to continue watching this crap.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Clearly. Our defense is playing down to the level of the competition yet again, well technically a notch below the competition again.

Cleveland scoring 27 so far....pathetic.

That's baloney! :lol:

Last week, Bengal fans were talking about how their team was not only causing the turnovers;but were also able to capitalize on the Raven's miscues.

But when the Browns are doing it today - it's simply the Bengals playing down to the level of the Browns. :rolleyes:

Another Brown TD 34-24 now.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Regression back to the delayed (way delayed) blitz with Charmin soft zone coverage. The Bengals have about a 1% chance of winning now.

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Hall is a #1 pick? he looks average on coverage..PATHETIC!! the defense is totally opposite what played last week!

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Well when you are on pace to give up 42 points in a game, I'd say you are laying another egg.

If that's improvement you're in trouble.

Who are you talking about Dom? Hard to tell. :lol:

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:16 PM
GAC, quit acting like the Browns have an offense. Anderson is hardly anything to get excited about.

My grandmother could score on the Bengals.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm still trying to get over how allowing 21 points in a half is playing "inspired." :)

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Carolina has given up 31 points so far, you'd probably be inspired by that, too lol...

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Boy, those Browns are playing inspired. How long did that take?

Oxilon
09-16-2007, 03:22 PM
The only way the Bengals pull this out is if they can create some turnovers. God knows they can't force a 3 and out.

Reds Fanatic
09-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Just pitiful defense. 1 play Lewis runs for 66 yards.

WVRed
Nice trip by Chad to the Dawg Pound

Dom Heffner
GAC, if you're impressed by the Brown's defense, you must love ours!

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 03:25 PM
SAD our Offense has to outscore what the defense is giving up!!!

GAC
GAC, quit acting like the Browns have an offense. Anderson is hardly anything to get excited about.

My grandmother could score on the Bengals.

I don't have to act Dom.....check the score. You don't want to acknowledge that, then that is your problem.

Funny how when your offensive line, which is improved, gives your QB time to throw, guys like Winslow, Edwards, and JJ can produce.

The Bengal's defense sure were able to put pressure last week on the Ravens (McNair). How come?

Some Bengal fans were predicting we'd get shut out.

Lewis TD run

41-31 Browns

Joseph
Terrible D

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 03:26 PM
sad the team took this game LIGHTLY!!!

Matt700wlw
09-16-2007, 03:27 PM
This is disgusting.

I'd rather be disgusted at 2-0....make it happen :)

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 03:27 PM
This reminds me of the Kentucky/Louisville game from last night.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:29 PM
GAC, if you're impressed by the Brown's defense, you must love ours!

Never said I was impressed Dom.That's you twisting people's words again.

But they are playing against one of the league's premier QBs and offenses.

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Three former Oregon State players starring in this game. Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, and Derek Anderson.

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm predicting overtime for this one and about 1,200 combined yards. Yeesh.

dsmith421
09-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Carson Palmer is literally thisclose to having a perfect day and the Bengals are still losing.

This franchise will never win a playoff game as long as Chuck Bresnahan is on the sidelines. He is absolutely braindead.

Oxilon
09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
It's not all coaching. We absolutely have no LBs or DTs, which is responsible for creating no pass rush or run defense for that matter.

But we still have a entire quarter to go. This game is far from over.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I still contend that the Bengals will pull this game out.

But it has been fun watching some sweat. :lol:

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 03:37 PM
41-38 with an entire quarter left. Wow.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I really have no problem with them going for it....but why Vickers up the gut when you know they know that is where you're going with it????

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM

You said they were playing inspired. So you're not impressed by that? You just threw that out there just to say it?

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Inspired: Of such surpassing brilliance or excellence as to suggest divine inspiration: an inspired musician; an inspired performance.

That doesn't impress you?

You never change, GAC!

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:46 PM
You said they were playing inspired. So you're not impressed by that? You just threw that out there just to say it?

Dom - you're really starting to sound worried and sour grapes. Loosen your shirt collar cause you're really starting to sweat. :lol:

You can be so arrogant and condescending at times - it's hilarious.

I'm a Browns fan remember? I have nothing to lose!

P.S. - thanks for the English lesson. ;)

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 03:48 PM
This sucks. I can't get the game on TV, so I have NO IDEA how we can be losing to the BROWNS?

It seems like we always play horrible VS the worst teams in the NFL.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow, buddy! I'm not taking this personally. It's just making me laugh out loud here when you say I'm twisitng your words and you're the one whose playing word games: The Brown's defense is playing inspired, yet you're not impressed lol....

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 03:52 PM
our defense should be ashamed.. play top of the game against the Ravens and not even prepare for this game.. NO PRESSURE on the Quarterback of the BROWNS!!

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
WHAT A CATCH BY EDWARDS!!!!!

48-38 Browns

138 yds receiving and 2 TDs for Braylon

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
another wide open receiver? = TD

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow. 48-38 Browns now. I really wish I could watch this one. I'm not a fan of either team so that kind of game is fun to watch. If I were a fan of either, probably not so much.

Dom Heffner
Even if the Bengals win this thing, would any Bengal's fans feel good about it?

guttle11
I love the defensive play calling. Soft coverage, soft zones, soft everything. You can't play defense when the back seven backs up every time.

Please fire Chuck. He has no clue.

deltachi8
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Someone on Fox Sports Radio mentioned this week that Vegas must know something because the spread at the time (CIN -6.5) seemed like a sucker bet.

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 03:57 PM
First one to 60.

GAC
09-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Wow, buddy! I'm not taking this personally. It's just making me laugh out loud here when you say I'm twisitng your words and you're the one whose playing word games: The Brown's defense is playing inspired, yet you're not impressed lol....

Dom - my "inspired" remark was aimed at the team's play as a whole in the first half. Check when I said it. Simply watching the game in the first half, one could see that this team was playing better after such a disaster last week vs Pitt.

You are the one who took one simple statement and made more out of it then what was there. ;)

MaineRed
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Just imagine if the Browns were videotaping the Bengal coaches.

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Titans receiver drops a pass to keep them out of FG range. Indy wins after recovering a fumble on the next play.

dsmith421
09-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Can't wait to hear The Football Supergenius explain how Derek Anderson metamorphosized from Spergon Wynn into Troy Aikman in six days. Frankly I'm done with Lewis and his coaching staff. Let's make a fresh start.

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Lewis with a 47-yard run to go over 200 on the day.

GAC
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I got two buddies up there today and in the Dawg Pound.

Man I wish I were there..... I'm home on the couch with the flu.

texasdave
09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Can't wait to hear The Football Supergenius explain how Derek Anderson metamorphosized from Spergon Wynn into Troy Aikman in six days. Frankly I'm done with Lewis and his coaching staff. Let's make a fresh start.

Ditto. If this the best the 'defensive genius' Lewis can do after all these years being in charge, I'd say times up. The sad part is that most of the key offensive parts have been here for several years. The Bengals should have been drafting for nothing but defense. Yet this is what they come up with. Sad.

GAC
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM

It's good to see him doing it FOR US instead of against us. :lol:

SteelSD
Hey! Bonus TV coverage of Cinci/Cleveland. Cool!

deltachi8

So the Bengals still have problems stopping the run?

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow we are going to give up over 50 pts to the freaking Cleveland Browns.

GAC
FG

51-38

SteelSD
Cripes. A pass play on 4th and goal from the 1 while Cleveland needs to run clock? Yikes.

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 04:06 PM
i dont even want to see Marvin giggle, laugh, say something stupid like they will be alright, because this is EMBARRASSING!! The defense is playing like CRAP!! NO PRESSURE.. every body is open and the coverage is awful!!

deltachi8
09-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Cripes. A pass play on 4th and goal from the 1 while Cleveland needs to run clock? Yikes.

Exactly what i was thinking. That and getting 3 instead of 7 may come back and bite them

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:07 PM
They may combine for 1200 yards without having to go to OT.

GAC
QUESTION:

Does anyone think that Lewis gave upon the running game (Rudi) too early in this one? Where has he been?

redsfan4445
So the Bengals still have problems stopping the run?

YEP when you play SOFT and dont put any pressure, ANY team can run over this team!

Matt700wlw
09-16-2007, 04:09 PM
J O K E

redsfan4445
QUESTION:

Does anyone think that Lewis gave upon the running game (Rudi) too early in this one? Where has he been?

No its because the DEFENSE is Not doing anything and forcing the Bengals to try to outscore our OWN defense!!

SteelSD
Holt goes down after the first down catch. Trainers on the field. Holt walks off the field.

Playadlc
09-16-2007, 04:10 PM
This is the most embarrassing defensive performance in the history of this franchise.

GAC
09-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Chad should have had that one.

4 drops in the 4th quarter for the Bengals

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Jeez. Chad Johnson has one just bounce off his chest on 2nd and 10. Would have been a 1st down. 4th down now. Clutch 1st down to CJ.

MrCinatit
09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I seem to recall, after the season, many saying the Bengals' defensive coordinator was almost sure to be gone. If I am not mistaken, he is still here.
Why? I know it is not all his fault - but it is looking like the D took this game for granted.

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Another 1st down to CJ and clock stops as he gets out of bounds.

Dom Heffner
09-16-2007, 04:15 PM

GAC, may I direct you to the 8th word of your quote below.

I have to say I am totally impressed by the INSPIRED (and I do mean inspired) play of the Browns on both sides of the ball.

This is just so funny to me, buddy. I'd let it drop but you keep making it sound like I'm crazy.

deltachi8
09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
terrific throw by Palmer there. Still plenty of time left

SteelSD
Touchdown Cinci. Soon to be 45 to 51. Considering that the Bengals can't stop the Browns' running game, is the onside kick in play?

GAC
Holt has been taking a beating today. :lol:

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 04:17 PM
IF we stop the Browns we might still have a chance...

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM
We Need A Turnover

RedDevil
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I just got home what the heck happened to the Bengals

deltachi8
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
wow, Vickers...

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Vickers drops a sure 1st down pass for Cleveland. Ouch.

GAC
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Be glad Vickers dropped that because he had nothing but open field ahead of him.

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
That wasn't a first down. Bengals are about to get screwed.

macro
09-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I just got home what the heck happened to the Bengals

Same thing that happens every season.

TeamSelig
How was that not a fumble?

deltachi8
that. by all rights should be a fumble, but lets see...

SteelSD
Hmn. This'll be interesting. Forward progress gives the Browns 1st down. Braylon Edwards appears shaken up.

Playadlc
For one, he didn't get the first down. And two, that WAS a fumble.

What a complete joke.

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 04:24 PM

What a complete joke.

Agreed. This sucks.

deltachi8
Fumble not reviewable, but could they not have challenged the spot?

Dom Heffner
Well when you give up 50 points, does it really matter?

OnBaseMachine
That is exactly why I don't watch the NFL anymore. The refs cheat. The Chargers were clearly cheated last week in a game and now the Bengals get screwed.

No Fun League

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Another Lewis run takes it to the 2-minute warning. Gonna' be quite a finish.

Oh, and once a ref has established forward progress, there can't be a fumble. The play was over before the ball came out.

TeamSelig
We also have NO time outs. 2 minute warning, we have to stop them QUICK to even have enough time to score.

GAC
According to the announcers - his forward progress had been stopped so therefore it was not reviewable

kaldaniels

What a complete joke.

Whistle had been blown.

dsmith421
09-16-2007, 04:26 PM
He's still way short of the marker. No part of Edwards' body, let alone the ball, got within a foot of the spot.

GAC
That is exactly why I don't watch the NFL anymore. The refs cheat. The Chargers were clearly cheated last week in a game and now the Bengals get screwed.

No Fun League

Yesterday you said you didn't like college refs either. :lol:

why would these refs cheat? What is their motivation?

OnBaseMachine
His forward progress was a half yard shy of the first down.

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Yesterday you said you didn't like college refs either. :lol:

College refs aren't nearly as bad as the NFL.

TeamSelig
RUN IT BACK

BuckeyeRedleg
Did Marvin waste his last TO after the 1st down to discuss the forward progress thing with the refs?

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 04:29 PM
1) Edwards didn't come close to the 1st Down marker
2) It shouldn't have been stopped that quick.
3) Game is over after that punt into the 10 yd line

deltachi8
Is this a "Fantastic Finish" presented by Alcoa?

GAC
Here goes the game boys and girls.

It definitely has been entertaining!

91 yds to go and 1:03 minutes with no TOs

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
His forward progress was a half yard shy of the first down.

I don't disagree with that.

BuckeyeRedleg
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
1) Edwards didn't come close to the 1st Down marker
2) It shouldn't have been stopped that quick.
3) Game is over after that punt into the 10 yd line

Agree on all points. What a joke of a spot.

deltachi8
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
nice - nice catch by Johnson. Injury helps the Bengals

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
C.J. catches it at the 50. Clock is running though. Oh. Injured Brown stops the clock. The Bengals ain't dead yet.

macro
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
The 2007 Bengals have the makings of an 8-8 team. Gee, that sounds familiar.

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Carson Palmer is an unbelievable QB.

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Guess it was first team to 50.

SteelSD
Game over. INT Browns. I'd be reviewing it just to ensure he was inbounds.

Yep. He was. What a fantastic oddity this game was.

TeamSelig
#e(*#&$@#(*$&

GAC
What An Int By Bodden!!!!!!

macro
09-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I waited all summer for the Bengals' two Monday Night Football games, and now I'm not even sure I will watch the second one. Never underestimate the power of this team to disappoint.

RedDevil
Whens baseball season start

GAC
Replay looks like he got both in.

Game over

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Once again NFL refs play a big role in deciding the outcome of a game. They need to put a patch labeled "attention *****s" across the back of their zebra striped shirts.

HotCorner
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow

Oxilon
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Should be an interesting week for Marvin. Then again, does anybody really expect to hear anything out of the ordinary?

Joseph
CB needs to be fired. A bad O-line never say pressure and gives up 50+

GAC
Once again NFL refs play a big role in deciding the outcome of a game. They need to put a patch labeled "attention *****s" across the back of their zebra striped shirts.

What about the refs giving TJ a TD pass in the first half when it was clear his left foot wasn't in? ;)

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
The Bengals Offense lost to the Bengals Defense!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BuckeyeRedleg
Marvin Lewis should be ashamed of himself for the defense he's constructed.

A half-way decent defense and this team would be at least 12-4 every year.

Cyclone792
I'll just go ahead and say it: the Bengals defense is worse than the Reds bullpen.

wolfboy
I'll be the first to eat my crow. The Bengals defense is in sorry, sorry shape. When you make Anderson look like Palmer, you aren't going to win games.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
That sucks. Carson tried to force things, but what can you do with no timeouts?

Time for Marvin to earn his bacon. Find a way to forget this game. It was a fluke. Let's keep it that way. You're not that bad. Cleveland played as good as they're going to ever play and you still probably should have won the game. It happens. Move on.

Hopefully.

Congrats Browns fans. You guys deserved a good win like that. Wish it would have been against someone else, though.

KronoRed
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll just go ahead and say it: the Bengals defense is worse than the Reds bullpen.

I don't know if I'd go that far...;)

dsmith421
09-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Can't wait to see what Matt Hasselbeck does to that bunch of spineless pansies next week. Is 60 points out of the question? 70?

OnBaseMachine
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
What about the refs giving TJ a TD pass in the first half when it was clear his left foot wasn't in? ;)

I wasn't watching then but it's just another example of how pathetic NFL refereeing is. I can't stand watching the NFL. The only reason I even watched the last ten minutes of this game was because the Reds aren't on.

DoogMinAmo
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.wcsv.org/Education/Success/crow.jpg

I am not too hungry, but I know when I have to eat.

Good game, Browns fans. Disappointment is preventing me from giving your offense props, but with the Bengals D they did not deserve to win.

pedro
09-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow.

Cyclone792
I don't know if I'd go that far...;)

I will. ;)

This defense has been awful. The Ravens turned the ball over countless times last week, yet they were still moving the ball effectively when they weren't coughing it up. And today was self-explanatory. If the opposition isn't giving the ball away, the Bengals defense just doesn't have a chance.

Heck, watching the Bengals pass rush is like watching Mike Stanton trying to protect a one-run lead. You already know the outcome before anything happens.

WMR
Game ball goes to Chuck Bresnahan.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Can't wait to see what Matt Hasselbeck does to that bunch of spineless pansies next week. Is 60 points out of the question? 70?

Yes. The score of this game was a total fluke. The Bengals will simply not play like that again all year.

Let's not blow anything out of proportion. They lost one game. Only one. The key is forgetting this game and get back to work on becoming a better team. The score of this game is now irrelevant. It's simply a loss.

redsfan4445
09-16-2007, 04:48 PM
go from Monday where there was a great showing of the defense, to this week a Defense that didnt show up, really makes me upset that Marvin lets the same coaching staff make him look so bad!!

Joseph
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Should be an interesting week for Marvin. Then again, does anybody really expect to hear anything out of the ordinary?

No, it'll be quotes about how it was a hard fought game, real NFL team junk and they just need to game plan better next week.

kaldaniels
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Exciting game. Refs calls went both ways. Anyone who blames them for the Bengals loss is whining (nicest way I could put it).

SteelSD
09-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Combined net yards: 1,085
Kickoff/Punt return yards: 439
TOTAL: 1524 (or .87 of a Mile)

Yowzers.

Matt700wlw
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Exciting game. Refs calls went both ways. Anyone who blames them for the Bengals loss is whining (nicest way I could put it).

I blame the defense...

Playadlc
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
How does Chuck B keep his job after today?

Redsfaithful
09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
How does Chuck B keep his job after today?

Everyone called for his head after the Bengals blew a 28-7 lead against the Chargers last year. It seemed like the only possible move at that point was to fire him, and it didn't happen. This franchise is a joke if they don't make a change after today.

Joseph
09-16-2007, 05:11 PM

I don't think you'll hear anyone blame the refs, it was a decently officiated game.

The Bengals just didn't show up on the defensive side.

guttle11
09-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Question: Does Bresnahan control the defense or is he just a puppet for Marvin?

With every passing defensive embarrassment (including the Leslie Frazier debacle) I get closer to believing the latter. If it is the former, Marvin better wake up and take the reigns himself. Better 5 years late than never.

MWM
09-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Joke. I was watching the game and by the 4th quarter my buddy and I would just laugh. That's all you can do. Tough to get too upset in a game where the defense plays as bad as it did, but it's still irritating to see the refs blow it in a big way. The Bengals were still down in the game, so it's not like you could put it directly on them as they would have still had to go down and score; as opposed to the Tampa game last year you could pin squarely on the shoulders of the game. But there's no doubt the refs blew that call. It was a clear fumble (not even close) and he wasn't all that close to the first down marker. Offiating plays WAY too big a role in just about all pro sports. It's been bad for years, and it seems to be getting worse.

But strangely I'm not as bothered as I normally would simply because they deserved to lose anyway. I'm just not going to be able to invest a lot of time and energy into this year's team. It's not the fact that they lost, but the fact that I KNOW the defense is too bad for them to compete this year. I think they might go 7-9 or 6-10 this year. The defense is that bad.

Redsfaithful
09-16-2007, 05:22 PM
The depth is a serious problem for the defense. Ahmad Brooks and Jonathan Joseph were both knocked out of the game and look what happened. I thought I wasn't hearing Brooks name because he wasn't playing well, but apparently he missed most of the game.

MWM
09-16-2007, 05:39 PM
If Chuck D isn't canned after this game against one of the worst offenses in the NFL, there's no hope.

texasdave
09-16-2007, 05:41 PM
It is scary to think how good this Bengals' offense will be when Chris Henry returns. And it still won't matter.

jojo
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't think you'll hear anyone blame the refs, it was a decently officiated game.

The Bengals just didn't show up on the defensive side.

I thought the standard on replays was extremely consistent.

Special teams essentially conceded before half time and the defense was completely outclassed and emasculated.

I'm thinking those that complain about the refs and Chad's TD antics tomorrow on the airwaves will have seriously missed the elephant in the closet....

jojo
09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
It is scary to think how good this Bengals' offense will be when Chris Henry returns. And it still won't matter.

During the preseason, I had hoped for 4-4 after week 8 then the offense could simply torch people hopefully to 10 wins. But really if 45 isn't good enough to beat the Browns, I think you're right.

After the preseason I felt like a kid who's puppy had ran away. After Monday night I felt like through a miracle, my puppy was found. Right now, I think he was just hit by a car....

WVRed
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Game ball goes to Chuck Bresnahan.

Scout.com's Cincinnati Bengals board has what they call the "Sewer Brewer" award named after Sean Brewer(former Bengals TE who used to smoke and was generally unhealthy, wonderful pick). Basically the award would go to whoever did the most to make the Bengals look like the Bungles.

My pick for this week is Chuckie.

Newport Red
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
If Chuck D isn't canned after this game against one of the worst offenses in the NFL, there's no hope.

While I agree CB shares alot of the blame, he's in a no win situation with the talent he's been given. Bad gameplan + even worse personnel = embarrassment.

Marvin is the main culprit. He's had 5 drafts and has picked 5 defensive backs in the first three rounds. This isn't the PAC 10; it's the AFC Central. This is/was the division of Boller, Garcia, Fry, Big Ben and now Anderson. You need to control the line of scrimmage and stop the run in this division.

Marvin's contribution to stopping the run is to draft Pollack in the first round and put him in a two point stance and draft Frostee Rucker in the third round.

Ignoring the defensive line in a run dominated division and spending first round picks the last two years on DB's who play 7 yards off the ball is a recipe for failure.

This isn't bend but not break defense and let your offense out score the opponent. Yhis is simply break defense.

TeamSelig
09-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Ughhh when does basketball season start?

Heath
09-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Here we go Brownies, here we go!

(woof woof)

Here we go Brownies, here we go!

(woof woof)

Heath
09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I've heard stuff about Bodden's pick. Why aren't they complaining about TJ's TD?

Bodden was more in than TJ.

Buckeye33
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I've heard stuff about Bodden's pick. Why aren't they complaining about TJ's TD?

Bodden was more in than TJ.

The game changing calls evened out really. TJ didn't score a TD and Braylon Edwards was no where near the 1st down on 3 and 8 when he was given forward progress and ruled that he did not fumble.

The Bengals can't complain about calls when you give up 51 points to the Browns.

pedro
09-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Good for the Browns.

Oddly, I'm kind of glad the Bengals didn't win that game because now I won't be afraid to talk to my friends from Cleveland for the next month. I think some of them would have taken that pretty hard.

Joseph
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
The game changing calls evened out really. TJ didn't score a TD and Braylon Edwards was no where near the 1st down on 3 and 8 when he was given forward progress and ruled that he did not fumble.

The Bengals can't complain about calls when you give up 51 points to the Browns.

The Bengals [fans] aren't complaining. Officiating was reasonable this game. It's all on the Bengals for not winning, well all on the Bengals D.

MrCinatit
09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
The Bengals are the modern day Vikings.
Remember how good the Vikings offense was a few years ago? Culpepper, Moss. Yet, their defense reeked so bad, they were sometimes lucky to finish 8-8.
Then, the Vikings off-field problems began catching up, and you have a disaster of an organization. Look at the trend of this team, I cannot help but think the Bengals are going down that very same path, which leads to nowhere.

WVRed
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
The Bengals are the modern day Vikings.
Remember how good the Vikings offense was a few years ago? Culpepper, Moss. Yet, their defense reeked so bad, they were sometimes lucky to finish 8-8.
Then, the Vikings off-field problems began catching up, and you have a disaster of an organization. Look at the trend of this team, I cannot help but think the Bengals are going down that very same path, which leads to nowhere.

I prefer to think of the Colts during the Jim Mora days.:)

uoduck1017
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Good game Browns. I think the officiating evened out, and you should be glad to be 1-1. Unfortunately, the Bengals and their fans should not be glad to be 1-1. It really is sad to have such a poor defense which will inevitably keep this team from greatness. Whoever made the comparison between the Reds and Bengals is right on the money. How can one city have the same problem with two teams over and over again? Reds - no pitching...Bengals - no defense