PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl coverage live with NO commercials !!!

RawOwl UK
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/american_football/6993042.stm

Over here in England the BBC have got the free to air rights for the Superbowl. This means no commercial breaks :) ( we have to pay a yearly licence fee even if you only own a tv but dont watch it !!!!

Could you imagine this happening in the States ? :eek:

How much revenue would be going down the pan ? :rolleyes:

kyred14
09-13-2007, 05:44 PM
If it wasn't for the commericals, I probably wouldn't watch the Super Bowl. The NFL is incredibly dull.

TeamSelig
09-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I love the football more, but I always enjoy the commercials.

Chip R
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
What are they going to show when they would normally air commercials?

UKFlounder
09-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Announcers cussing like sailors because they think they're not on the air? :D

OldRightHander
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Announcers cussing like sailors because they think they're not on the air? :D

We had a topic on here a couple years ago about that. There were some pretty funny ones.

RawOwl UK
09-14-2007, 07:38 AM

Well the BBC have never shown a US Football game before so the presenters etc are yet to be announced.

They will probably just explain the rules throughout as if no one understands the game still :rolleyes:

I will watch the Sky Sports coverage anyway who's coverage is amazing ( they showed 8 live games from the opening week :cool:)

Regular presenters Nick Halling, Kevin Cadle & Shaun Gayle.

paintmered
09-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Well the BBC have never shown a US Football game before so the presenters etc are yet to be announced.

They will probably just explain the rules throughout as if no one understands the game still :rolleyes:

I will watch the Sky Sports coverage anyway who's coverage is amazing ( they showed 8 live games from the opening week :cool:)

Regular presenters Nick Halling, Kevin Cadle & Shaun Gayle.

You want John Madden to call the games over there? Really, he's yours if you want him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBW7ysPcbT0&mode=related&search=

Yachtzee
09-14-2007, 10:59 AM

I watched the Superbowl in Austria minus the commercials. All I can say is that it really makes you understand how much downtime there is in football, especially the Superbowl. Without the commercials, it's about thirty seconds to 2 minutes of action followed by 5 minutes of everyone standing around. The Austrians we watched it with thought football was the most boring sport in the world because they couldn't understand why everyone would just stand around looking like they weren't doing anything.

nate
09-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I've watched several Superbowls in Japan. Nothing like getting up at 5 AM Monday to settle in for a game, a couple beers and some BBQ squid snacks.

And also, no ads! Lots of crowd shots during the breaks, though!