PDA

View Full Version : Brook Jacoby deserves credit

lollipopcurve
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Look at the performance of just about every hitter on the club and you have to credit Brook Jacoby with having done a great job this year. He hasn't received much recognition, at least that I've seen.
Not sure what his approach is, but it sure seems to have worked.

traderumor
09-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I would have to agree that this team has overachieved offensively. I do not think there were a whole lot of folks going out on a limb and saying the team would compete offensively in the preseason. However, if it is Jacoby and approach, it took awhile to take hold, because the consistency did not come until the second half. The offense also became more consistent to good once Mackanin took over. I'm not sure where that factors in, or even if it does.

KronoRed
09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't think hitting coaches help so much as they don't cause trouble, so far it looks like Jacoby doesn't cause trouble.

lollipopcurve
09-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't think hitting coaches help so much as they don't cause trouble, so far it looks like Jacoby doesn't cause trouble.

So, blame when a hitter does poorly, but no credit when a hitter does well? I don't buy it.

camisadelgolf
09-14-2007, 03:37 PM
I'll praise him when he teaches AGon and BP to take walks or teaches David Ross to make contact. :D

icehole3
09-14-2007, 04:23 PM
He's got Dunn going the other way, for that alone he should get Tom Hume type treatment.

fearofpopvol1
09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree. I don't know how much impact he's had, but the offense has performed pretty consistently this year, particularly in the 2nd half.

Topcat
09-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Jacoby should take a bow for the work he has done this year. I for one salute you Brook:beerme:

GAC
09-15-2007, 04:24 AM
I would have to agree that this team has overachieved offensively.

Why can't it just be that they are playing up to their expectations? Why is it seen as overachieving?

Ltlabner
09-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Well, Brook has played *some* role in putting the nighly hystronics from earlier this year about the offense in an early grave.

For that, he deserves some recognition.

KronoRed
09-15-2007, 01:16 PM
So, blame when a hitter does poorly, but no credit when a hitter does well? I don't buy it.

He gets credit for not interfering to much, IMO most baseball players who get to the majors don't need a ton of coaching.